“Nice atmosphere”

The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House
Ranked #13 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Very nice B&B. Host were very nice and hospitable. Rooms were nice and very quiet. In great quiet neighborhood. Wonderful porch. Breakfast was good, but not great for me personally, preacher pie - grits with spinach and ham. Chilled bananas and blueberry muffin was much better. Small to medium portions. Late night snacks not quite as good as some places I have stayed, seemed store bought likely.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Room was very quiet and bed slept very well. Draw back is room is in the basement. One small window above bed, drop ceiling like in your parents basement, and bathroom (with exception of the tub) very small. Room has private entrance so if you like to stay out late and sleep late then this is the room, but if you are looking for the feel and charm of an old house pick another room.

Room Tip: Basement room. See above for info.
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Wright Inn and Carriage House. The room was clean and cozy, and the staff was very welcoming and pleasant. We had the room with the private entrance and the private dining area, which was an added bonus! I am not typically one who enjoys going to B&Bs, as I worry about silly things like will my crazy voltage hair dryer blow the electricity for the entire house, will I like what they serve for breakfast, will there be plentiful hot water for my long showers, will the ac/heat be set appropriately... and I was more than pleased with every aspect of our stay! There was plenty of hot water, and my hair dryer did not blow a fuse! The breakfast they serve is different each day, and both days we very happy with our meal. I also enjoyed being served breakfast in our private dining room, so I could be 90% ready to go out for the day, but finish up after eating. There is no thermostat in the room, but for a hot June weekend, the AC was pumping enough to keep it cool. (phew!) My only 'complaint' if I can even call it that, is that it is VERY QUIET. I'm pretty sure anyone else staying in the house could hear me sneeze. Which made me nervous to make any sort of noise. Overall, a lovely Inn in a great location, with a pleasant staff. We would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

The title says it all -- the room was wonderful, with its own little porch, accessed through the window of in true Victorian style; the breakfast was wonderful and the staff very accommodating to dietary issues, and the location was very close to downtown and all the places one might want to visit. Ample parking lot as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Wright Inn was very clean and tidy. The room rate was very reasonable for the Area. For myself, this Inn lacked the normal southern hospitality you experience from most B&B owners. If you are looking for a clean place to spend the night at a reasonable rate, I would highly recommend. If you are looking for more of the B&B "experience", you might want to look elsewhere.

2  Thank travelgirlAtlanta_GA
The_Wright_Inn_BandB, Owner at The 1899 Wright Inn and Carriage House, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2014

Dear Travelgirlatlanta_ga,

I am very sorry you felt that you did not receive the full B&B Welcoming Atmosphere. I honestly do not know what happened due to being out of town. We took a couple of weeks off so I could recover from surgery and obviously our normal process was not followed in our absence.

Please rest assured that we will do our best to make you feel more comfortable on your next visit. During the 10+ years we have owned the inn, we have NEVER been told that we were not hospitable. We will do our best to make sure it does NOT happen again. Thank you for alerting us.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Wright Inn three nights and found the rooms well appointed and clean. The staff is very friendly and know a great deal about the history of the Inn and the Asheville area. Breakfast is served at 9:am sharp and is very well done, coffee is fantastic. If you seek southern hospitality, wide front porches, wonderful gardens and attention to detail this is a great example. Downtown Asheville is with in walking distance with it's many restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fred M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

If you ever make to Asheville, look up the 1899 Wright Inn, it's a beautiful place to stay and conveniently located to just about everything , definitely will stay here again, loved waling up to the beautiful landscape and birds chirping every morning then off to a wonderful homemade breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014