First of all, this property is beautiful. Lots of attention to detail. The garden is amazing with waterfalls, fountains, and a fire pit. We stayed in the Robert Frost Room, which was the original master bedroom. Lots of room, comfortable, and nice furnishings. Breakfast was first class and the owners came to join us, even though they do not live on the property. Ralph and Frank are hilarious and love to meet people. They also joined us for a cocktail hour in the dining room. The Inn is very close to downtown and Biltmore Village. We went Ziplining only 3 miles away at the Wildwater Canopy Adventures, which I also recommend. Beds are comfortable and showers have plenty of hot water, despite a full house. Lots of CD's, DVD's, and books for you to enjoy. The staff is friendly and helpful. I can't say anything bad about this place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to our Four Diamond, romantic Asheville bed and breakfast offering majestic Blue Ridge Mountain views only steps from downtown. Our charming Asheville, NC B&B features amazing rooms and private garden cottages with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, flat screen TVs & luxurious amenities. Don't miss out on unforgettable gourmet breakfasts, afternoon refreshments & award winning gardens our Inn in Asheville, and reawaken your senses with amazing treatments at our on-site Asheville spa. Pet friendly units available. A 4 Diamond, Select Registry Property. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your 1889 WhiteGate Inn & Cottage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1889 Whitegate Inn And Cottage
- 1889 Whitegate Inn & Cottage Hotel Asheville