“Beautiful place!”

The Reynolds Mansion
Ranked #3 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Reynolds Mansion B and B back in May, we loved it!! Billy (the innkeeper), the staff, our room (linda), the gardens, the location and the delicious breakfast made our trip unforgettable!! Billy makes you feel like a family member and gives you great information about the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank albichus
There are newer reviews for The Reynolds Mansion

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My sister and I stayed at the Reynolds Mansion for 3 nights. It is more than you could ask for. The care that shows in every detail was what won me over! Billy is not only the innkeeper! He wears many hats and has a passion and talent in all of them. Gardening/Landscaping, farming, cooking, beekeeper, historian and story teller to name a few. The brunch that is served is one you will not forget. I found the meals to be very creative and full of flavor. Billy's personality is one you will adore the moment you meet him. He and his partner and staff sincerely care about your enjoyment and comfort. Besides, how often can you sleep in a mansion with 80% of the original furnishings? I have recommended Reynolds Mansion to many of my friends and I would return in a New York minute! The photos do not do it justice. You must see it in person to appreciate. Something I learned from Billy is if you want to find the most cared for B&B, ask if the innkeeper/owner lives in the home. Billy states he learned that B &B's are the best of the best in all of his travels when the innkeeper/owner lives in the home. I see now that this is an important question when booking a B&B.

Room Tip: I loved the "Claudette" room. It was originally a parlor on the second floor. Nice and roo...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Toni C
Reviewed August 20, 2014

Two nights were not enough to enjoy and absorb the history, ambiance and surroundings of the stately Reynolds Mansion Bed and Breakfast.

The Reynolds Mansion is a historical property with a carriage house; guesthouse and pristine swimming pool surrounded by an enviable flower garden all lovingly cared for by its owners. You will feel as though you are a guest in a wonderful family mansion surrounded by books, pictures and objets d’ art. Enjoying this lovely property will become a major part of your Asheville trip memories. You will want to wander the house and property the moment you set down your suitcase. The expansive porches, lovely gardens and complimentary guest bar (stocked with wine and other beverages) will make you want to remain on the property and forget any other plans.

Breakfast is at 9 am and you will enjoy this meal with the other guests and your host. Billy will tell you the history of the house, the family and how he came to be the proprietor and caretaker of the Reynolds family’s legacy. And, breakfast is not just your ordinary meal but also a two-course gourmet selection taken from a repertoire that guarantees a guest will never experience the same breakfast twice (unless you stay for more than two weeks). The table is set with a different set of lovely china each day and, for example, our Sunday breakfast was a most delicious and filling variation of egg’s benedict with fresh asparagus from the Reynolds’s Mansion garden. Billy will also give you his recommendations for Asheville restaurants and things to do.

If you are looking for an anonymous and cookie-cutter hotel with standard bathrooms and rooms, the Reynold’s Mansion is not for you. But if you like the adventure of experiencing what life was like in a different era and if you are open to conversations with your host and other guests, you will be glad you chose to stay at this property.

Room Tip: The website is excellent. I recommend looking at the different room options.
2  Thank Gayle2011
Reviewed August 16, 2014

My husband & I stayed at Reynolds Mansion for 3 nights last week. Billy was such an incredible host! He lives at the Mansion and made us feel like we were guests in his home. He gave us a list of excellent restaurants in the area, sights to see and the history of the Mansion. And the breakfasts were DELICIOUS!! Not only will we go back to stay again, but we're telling all our friends about the Mansion!

1  Thank Carol Y
Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Reynolds Mansion for two nights and could not believe the attention to detail! Our room was so cozy and quaint and even smelled amazing! My husband enjoyed a completely different breakfast both days while I enjoyed sleeping in on their perfect bed:) Billy was so nice to us and was very helpful on making our stay in Asheville as enjoyable as possible. I was most impressed with their gardens, crystal clean olympic sized swimming pool and and wildlife! We had never stayed at a Bed and Breakfast before, but we know that we will always return to The Reynolds Mansion when we come back for a visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in "All That Jazz". It was amazing with a separate entrance, overlooking the gar...
2  Thank Shannon_Gray
Reviewed August 14, 2014

This was my second stay at the Reynolds Mansion. The first time Billy told us that all of his staff had been with him since he opened. This time however we learned that several employees had left and new ones were now at the mansion. We were greeted by Sandy and Jim. They were both so knowledgeable and helpful. Sandy came out later when we were sitting on the porch and asked if we would like more wine and if we needed anything. She asked what our plans were, and the next day she asked how we enjoyed the restaurant we had selected. We had recommended the mansion to some friends and I was delighted that they loved the food and accommodations as much as we did. We stayed in Lila's room which is on the first floor directly across from the dining room. This is a great room, very comfortable and quiet. Last time we stayed in Vera's room on the third floor, and Lila's room is so much better. The stairs were too much after several trips up and down. My favorite part of this stay was awaking to the aromas coming from the kitchen. I enjoyed waking up to the smell of coffee brewing one morning, and to the smell of bacon cooking the next. This is a fabulous place to stay. The second stay was better than the first.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Jennie J
Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Reynold's Mansion during a trip to Asheville and absolutely enjoyed our visit! Billy is a top notch host. He is truly invested in providing the best experience to his guests while also preserving and sharing the history of the mansion. The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, it's history is fascinating, and the food is delicious. As if the beauty and history of this place aren't reason enough to visit, the breakfast alone is worth a stay! It's no exaggeration when I say it's the best breakfast we've ever had. Everything about our stay was perfect, and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple