“Fabulous B&B”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #18 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I spent three glorious nights in a well appointed room overlooking the garden and the falls, with the ability to sleep with the windows open and the sound of the falls soothing us to sleep. Gary and Patti were incredible hosts, with the personal attention you seldom receive anywhere these days. Not only that, but the breakfasts were masterpieces to view and to eat. The neighborhood that the inn is situated in is more than pleasant and we could walk into town or to parks without any need for our car at those times. We will definitely return.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

We had an outstanding time at the Cumberland Falls Inn. Gary and Patti were wonderful hosts! They not only provided us with a beautiful, clean, comfortable place to stay, but they also fed us gourmet breakfasts that sat our tastebuds a singin'! The snacks were also to die for: banana bread, cookies, and chocolate covered strawberries! We also received the best advice on how to plan our days and directions were given to all our destinations! We couldn't have asked for anything more! If you are planning a relaxing stay at a BandB in Asheville...look no further. Stay at Cumberland Falls, you will not be disappointed!

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2010

Upon arrival at the Cumberland Falls B&B we were warmly greeted by Gary who showed us to the living room while he finished settling in return guests – good sign when the people in front of you are ‘regulars’.
Gary turned his attention to us and began telling us the history of the home and the wood that graces the building. He showed us where we could find anything we could possibly want, drinks, snacks, glasses, books, movies, when to expect breakfast, how to reach him after hours and even recommendations for dinner – all before we went upstairs!!!
BTW - don’t forget to ask Gary about his ‘Top 5’ local eateries – we did two of them – they deserved their rankings!
Back to the details, we were guests in the Natural Mystic room. The accommodations were amazing! The bed was comfortable; the linens were of the highest quality. They have taken every opportunity to concentrate on details to be sure you are absolutely ‘at home’.
We took a quick walk from the B&B just to look at some of the area homes and stretch our legs after our drive, about 10 minutes into the walk, here comes Gary, pulling up next to us to ensure we were ok and gave us some tips on places to visit. You see the B&B is basically within a 20 minute walk to almost anything you might want to do in Asheville!
We took advantage of the package with the Asheville Segway Tour – if you’ve never been on a Segway, DO THIS!!! First you get to learn how to maneuver the Segway AND you get see tons of Asheville sites and Wes was top notch with details on both history and modern culture in Asheville.
Now – the breakfast – nearly a week later – I think I’m still full!
Gary’s homemade, internationally inspired, 3 course breakfast creations satisfied all appetites; even making breakfast specific to each and every dietary request. Vegan, no gluten or dairy - he will make you a custom breakfast!
Saturday
Chocolate Cheesecake Muffins
Honeydew melon with toasted almonds and coconut in a white wine reduction
Mushroom, spinach and cheese individual frittas with home fry potatoes
Sunday
French infused muffin (forgive us we can’t remember the exact flavor)
Roast pink grapefruit with butter, brown sugar with white zinfandel
“French” toast sounds so simple but this was AMAZING french toast, super thick slices deliciously sweet served with fresh strawberry and sweet & salty thick cut bacon
The onsite gardens are beautifully maintained and well manicured, it’s obvious that Gary and Patti take great pride in the grounds. The water feature in the rear is flocked with seats where you can simply relax and listen to the stream and falls. The coi fish are fun, I know that sounds silly but they are almost domesticated! Gary let us feed them, they literally will eat out of your hands!
We hope to be able to visit Asheville and Gary and Patti again soon!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I gravitate to B & B's for my solo trips, as I prefer their charm & neighborly touches. At Cumberland Falls is exceptional in that the innkeepers' warmth extends beyond their personalities and into each of the B & B's rooms. I adored my room - the Sunshine room - but was able to tour the others, which contained all the comforts and character for the weary traveler or adventurer. The breakfast offerings were incredible and generously proportioned! Heading out extra early one a.m., I was provided with a snack bag for my trip. Each rm also contains a terrific guide to local restaurants as well as their menus. I look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 8, 2010

My wife and I decided to take a mini vacation to Asheville since we lived a couple of hours away but had never really spent much time there. We wanted to stay at a B&B because my wife had never stayed at one before. Even though Asheville has several to choose from, tripadvisor lead me to booking a stay with At Cumberland Falls.

After booking a stay online, we received an email from Gary and Patty asking several things about us. Like what the special occasion was, what type of vehicle we would be in, what type of restaurants we liked, and so on. My first impression was that they were trying to find out lots about us so that they could cater to our needs.

Upon arriving, we were greeted by Gary who gave us a tour of the house. He then carried our luggage up to the room, and showed us the features of the room. We stayed in the Day Dream, and it was awesome. Comfortable bed, great jacuzzi tub, mini fridge, microwave and plenty of room! Several windows were overlooking the waterfall and garden out back. We did not have the first issue with our room, and I had the feeling that if we did, Gary would be more the happy to resolve it.

The breakfast each morning was AMAZING! It was a very up-scale 3 course meal by candlelight. Everything we had was delicious! I hope that Gary won't mind telling me what kind of coffee that was, because it was the best I had ever had.

If you want a relaxing break from staying in cramped and busy hotels, try out the At Cumberland Falls B&B. I promise that you won't regret it.

1  Thank Trey A
Reviewed July 5, 2010

The Wiles have a truly gorgeous place and make every effort to ensure their guests feel at home, comfortable and pampered. This was our first experience with a B&B, and we were so pleasantly surprised by the privacy, serenity, and comfort of this wonderful place. The private bedroom and bathroom were so romantic and special, the bed so luxurious, grounds just so peaceful and lovely. They spared no effort in the details, the warm cookies in the afternoon, the movie and music selections, and let's talk about the food! The two breakfasts we had were awesome! Every morsel of each of the courses was delectable! We felt we were dining at a 5-star restaurant. Whether in the happy sunroom or in the candlelit dining room, both morning meals were unforgettable. You know you've stayed somewhere wonderful when you find yourself thinking about it for days afterwards, wondering who's staying in "your room" now, what fun you could be having if only you could have stayed just one more day...We will definitely be back and know that Patti and Gary will welcome us as old friends. Asheville is a joy, no matter what time of year you're there. Our evening experiences were wonderful too...lots of downtown restaurants to choose from for dining al fresco in perfect breezy temperatures, fabulous food and shopping and sightseeing all around and so close...just minutes from the Cumberland Falls Inn. This is undoubtedly the best vacation we can remember in a very long time.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2010

I told my husband that I wanted to go to Asheville, N.C. for our ywo year wedding anniversary and to book a room at a bed and breakfast. I had stayed only at one other B&B and was expecting a decent stay, but nothing as wonderful as the service, hospitality, location, scenary, and all around house accomodations as what Cumberland Falls provided. I highly suggest this bed and breakfast. The owners go out of their way to make sure that their guests are well taken care of, and that anything wanted was had.

I am an avid reader, and I read every night before I go to bed. I knew that I was in an "above and beyond" B&B when I saw a mini reading lamp on my bed side table.

My husband and I plan to return to Asheville. I do not plan on booking at any other B&B; Only Cumberland Falls will do.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple