“Couldn't be better”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #18 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 22, 2013

My husband and I spent a perfect weekend at At Cumberland Falls Inn, we're already planning when we can go back! Patti and Gary treated us like old friends, seeing to it that everything about our stay was picturesque. We stayed in the 'Natural Mystic' room on the second floor, with great natural lights and a large jacuzzi tub. They helped us find the perfect places to eat and spend our time in Asheville, and cooked amazing food each morning. I have a gluten intolerance, and they were more than hospitable in making special dishes for me, and finding gluten free crackers and muffins. In-room massages were the perfect way to end our stay.

There are newer reviews for At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Our recent stay at At Cumberland Falls Inn was a delight. We cannot think of a single thing that was less than first-rate. Gary & Patti are superb hosts, breakfasts are a wonderfully-prepared full meal, and the rooms are lovely. We have used many B&Bs for our vacations over the years. Without question, At Cumberland Falls Inn is our favorite. We've stayed in the Inn twice (2010 and 2013). We'll definitely go back the next time we make a trip to Asheville.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

We are so happy you guys came to see us again. You and Nancy are always, always welcome. Thanks for sending along your music too. We did breakfast groovin to the youtube link you sent. It was awesome and Jane and I developed some new dance moves (which should never see the light of da) in the kitchen while listening to your songs. I pity anyone looking through the back french doors. Why, it could have been simply frightening. You guys have a fantastic fall and holiday season and hopeful to see you in the sweet by and by.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Rhett and I love to stay at different B&B's, but At Cumberland Falls is by far our favorite spot now! We took an extended weekend to celebrate our 15th Anniversary and to renew our minds, bodies, and relationship. Patti and Gary treated us like family the minute we walked in the door. Gary didn't even get up off the couch to greet us...of course he had a broken ankle! ;) The house was gorgeous surrounded by majestic gardens, our room (Natural Mystic) was beautiful and very comfortable, and the staff made sure we were taken care of from the time we woke up until we went to bed. Asheville is a beautiful city with so much to do, see, and eat! We have decided that we will make this an annual trip for our anniversary and of course we will be staying here.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Ok guys...Gary said that if you will catch him to ensure he doesn't break anything else...He will try and get up off the couch. If he does break anything else...Rhett, Marisa you all will have to take a leave of absence from your home in Mt. Juliet and attend to your new jobs as resident innkeepers. You will just love it.
All jokes aside, it may me so happy to know that you all are planning on making our home part of your annual anniversary celebration. Such a nice compliment and I swear....I won't try to make your weekend a work-study affair. Have a great new year in your marriage and we will look forward to next August when we will see you again. Be well and take good care of each other!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed two wonderful days with Gary and Patti at the lovely At Cumberland Falls Inn. Everything you could want for is taken care of so graciously. Dinner suggestions when we arrived (reservations if we needed), a beautiful property and safe off street parking. A little snack when we got back to the inn after dinner! And oh my! The breakfast! Patti and her sister Jane laughed at me when I exclaimed "I surrender". We stayed in the Garden Vista room and what a view! The whole back of the room faces the garden (and faces west, so no sun to wake you too early in the morning). All of the family was eager to help with suggestions of how to fill our day. The inn is beautifully restored and sparklingly clean! We can wholeheartedly recommend a long weekend here!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

You two are always welcome with open arms to our home. Rach, I nearly dropped the items I was carrying back to the kitchen when you said, "I surrender."
You are one funny young woman and a good sense of humor can save almost any day. You saved mine. We are delighted that you had a good time and hope your 8th was as special as the both of you. Marching forward on to 9 years and wishing you both smooth sailing and fair winds.
Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Cumberland Falls B&B over Labor Day weekend. We had a wonderful time in Asheville over the holiday weekend. Gary and Patty, owners, could not have been more gracious and considerate to all of the guests. They went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed and were aware of all the sights and things to do in Asheville. We stayed in the Lion's Den suite and were very comfortable. Jane sometimes assists guests and we found her very helpful also. We will definitely return to the Cumberland Falls B&B on our next stay in Asheville and would recommend it to our friends and family. Chris

Room Tip: In the summer the second floor bedrooms are the coolest temperature wise.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Chris and Marlalynne ....Thank you so much for the kind review. So appreciate your taking time out of what I know is a very busy schedule to write a review of your stay with us. We are so happy that you had a good time. It was a grand house that weekend and have since heard from every person here. I am always glad for that and to know they enjoyed the inn and all have arrived safely back home.
I am on the lookout Maralynne for what my "little pony tail color" will be. You have been an inspiration on that.! It's fun for sure. I will read your provided selections. Still have them right up by my keyboard. Think I will begin with Tulip Fever. I hope you enjoy my recommendations too. It will always be a good day when you and Chris can return. I look forward to it. Don't stay away too long.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had such a great time when we stayed over Memorial Day weekend that when we decided to take a few days and get away around Labor Day, we headed back to At Cumberland Falls. Gary, Patti, and Jane did everything they could to make this visit as wonderful as our last. We stayed in the Natural Mystic again and spent a couple of hours relaxing on the front porch with coffee and a sweet treat, enjoying an evening rain storm. The breakfasts are unique, and visiting with other guests entertaining. Asheville has much to offer visitors, and Gary, Patti, and Jane can share where to go, what to see and what shouldn't be missed. We're already looking forward to our next visit!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Lisa-Don....Folks like you are the reason we have lasted as 15 year innkeepers. You bring such kindness and fun wherever you go! We miss you all when you go home and always wish the stay could have been a bit longer. We look forward to seeing you both anytime you can find a minute to get to your second home-Asheville. We are delighted you had a great time and look forward to your next visit. Have a fantastic fall and take good care of each other.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My husband and I recently spent the weekend At Cumberland Falls for our first year anniversary after having gotten married there last summer. It was just as great as we had remembered it. We have now stayed in the Day Dream Room and the Natural Mystic Room and have been pleased with both. Owners Patti and Gary along with the rest of the staff are truly there to make your experience memorable with delicious breakfasts every morning and great recommendations on how to best spend your time while in Asheville. I would highly recommend staying here as we find ourselves time and time again whenever in town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Catie-Devin....It was wonderful to see you all and know that the "happily ever after" is still in place so firmly. So glad things are going so well for you both. You both look happy and Gary and I delight in that for two really special people who so richly deserve it. Yea for you guys! Don't stay away too long.