“"Absolutely Amazing"”

Ranked #17 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Shelby, North Carolina
“"Absolutely Amazing"”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Me and a Good Friend recently traveled to Asheville to take in the town (Her First Time). After looking around at a lot of different places to stay, I decided to stay At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast with Patti and Gary.

WOW is about the best word that comes to mind. We had tried to get up to Asheville for her Birthday in March but circumstances forces us to change and we didn't make it up until April. We were treated like Family while we were there. The morning breakfast was absolutely stunning and we really enjoyed tasting the different recipes that Patti and Gary had learned and mastered over the years.

After Spending the entire day downstairs we came back to the Inn to a Nice Bottle of Wine (They took my description of what we liked, trust their person, and it was AWESOME) and pedals on the HUGE jacuzzi tub. IT was a very nice way to spend a couple hours relaxing and getting ready prior to Dinner.

They have thought of everything, when you arrive they have a book that has activities, places to visit, restaurant menus, etc. They basically say here are some of the best IDEAS in Asheville, choose what you like let us know and we will arrange it for you.

I had lots of questions before we went, just because this was my first time to a Bed and Breakfast and honestly I didn't know what to expect. Well let me tell you Patti was very helpful via email and she gave me a huge hug as soon as I seen her at the Inn.

When we go back to Asheville, there is no doubt in my mind where I will be staying. Patti and Gary thanks for a wonderful and time and hope to see you soon.

Cory & Kassi

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
You can plan my birthday any time Cory. Your complete dedication to creating a memorable and fun birthday for your loved one warmed my heart. I think you hit a home run! We so enjoyed being able to help with that surprise and see Kassi so thrilled. Glad you all had such a good Asheville experience and we look forward to celebrating many more Happy Birthday's with you all. Thanks so much for taking time out to write this review. We sincerely appreciate that and look forward to hosting you both again. Have a fine Summer. Patti and Gary

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We returned to the Inn at Cumberland Falls for our second relaxing and lovely visit. The rooms at the inn are beautifully furnished with excellent quality linens and towels. The quality of the rooms are only trumped by the wonderful breakfast and charm of the innkeepers Gary and Patty. The breakfast is always three courses, starting with a delicious warm muffin right from the oven and followed by a very filling and equally amazing "main course" and fruit dish. The breakfast is so filling that we rarely needed to eat lunch. Gary and Patty are incredibly accommodating with restaurant recommendations and reservations as well as providing directions to destinations within and around Asheville that even I could follow without getting lost :) The inn provides a tranquil setting and an ideal getaway. We shall return again and look forward to it.

Room Tip: We love the Natural Mystic and Garden Vista rooms!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Alisha and Eric...You all are always welcomed in our home. Both of you work so hard for the public good that to provide a bit of downtime in a peaceful atmosphere for you all to re-group, reconnect (Receive wonderful news in-So proud of your paper Eric and Alisha-your heart for the welfare of all those in your care is so evident and so rare.) is our contribution to your being able to continue all the good work you do. Continue fighting the good fight. People count on that more than you know. See you guys a bit further down the road! Enjoy Summertime!
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 25, 2013

My family recently spent an extended weekend at Cumberland Falls. From the minute we
arrived to our departure we were treated like family. The breakfast and afternoon treats
were delicious. Walking downstairs to a beautiful table and a smile set the tone for a wonderful visit to Asheville. Patti and Gary are great host sharing suggestions on local sights and restaurants. We had three rooms and we all enjoyed our stay. The beds are truly a delight after returning from a full day of touring Asheville. The location is perfect for reaching downtown
and the Biltmore. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We love the "bed and breakfast" concept but have many experiences with the individual expression of that. Gary and Patti have truly thought of everything to make your stay special in every way. The convenient location to everything Asheville has to offer could not be more tranquil. The rooms were meticulously clean and the food was fabulous. You won't be disappointed. J and D

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
J and D...Your stay was short but we are looking forward to your return because you were such gracious and kind folks-not to mention the blessed sense of humor...Always in high demand. Thanks for choosing to stay At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn. We will always be happy to see you again.
Woodstock, Georgia, United States
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My husband and I have visited Asheville many times, staying always in a B&B; At Cumberland Falls Inn is absolutely our favorite! We have had the pleasure of staying in this gorgeous historic home many times, (usually in the same room!), most recently in April of 2013. Gary and Patti are fabulous hosts; the food is always wonderful and the company excellent! Probably our favorite thing about this awesome B&B is the absolute "peace" that accompanies one's stay. The historical garden setting is heavenly and the home immaculate. There is always a comfortable ambiance, as if you are the only guest around! A stay at Cumberland Falls Inn is like visiting old friends - everything is always perfect, whether an anniversary or just an "escape weekend," Gary & Patti put their entire heart into providing a perfect stay! Looking forward to our next visit!!!!

Room Tip: Not a bad room in the house, we've seen them all! We just happen to have our favorite in "...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
One of the really awesome aspects of innkeeping occurs when guests choose a return stay at your inn. It is a referendum that holds more weight than even a first time guest. This guest has been hosted by you, met you, seen your inns operation and atmosphere and has chosen it as a place of happy memories and seeks to return. Blynssa-Chris, thank you for this review and for all the totally hysterical moments you bring with you upon each and every arrival you make. We are blessed. I am repeating the puppy story to my friends. They think I am the only one who does these kinds of things. Thanks for being another!
Helena
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family took me to Cumberland falls for my 40th. Everything was beyond my wildest dreams! The hospitality and food were 5 star all the way! We look forward to revisiting there again soon. They were very helpful with ideas on activities and tours. I could not have found my way around Asheville with out their direction, they also shared recipes with us!!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the Mystic room in the middle of the upstairs due to the fact the sun didn't shine int...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
fallsinn, Owner at At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I miss you folks and the rest of your family. You know....your birthday Janet really wasn't until April. We could have a re-do! Glad you all had fun and I have already sent special thanks to your sister for bring the whole "fam" to our home.
Charlotte
Reviewed March 19, 2013

The food was amazing. Gary made 3 different breakfasts for all the various guests' dietary needs (we can officially vouch for the vegetarian and the meat lovers--but the vegan looked amazing too)! The entire property is adorable and the proximity to downtown is unbeatable! To top it off we got engaged during our stay, so we will certainly always have a soft spot for the inn, and we'll definitely be back!!!

Room Tip: We had the entire inn to ourselves for 2 nights, so we had the unique opportunity to scope out all t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple