“The Best Bed and Breakfast in Asheville, NC”

At Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #18 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Pennsylvania
“The Best Bed and Breakfast in Asheville, NC”
Reviewed May 9, 2008

My boyfriend and I just returned from a lovely vacation in Asheville, NC. We stayed at the Cumberland Falls Bed and Breakfast Inn, which was amazing!

We stayed in the Lions Den which had a gigantic bed, fire place, claw foot tub and beautiful French windows. The value was great at only $165.00 a night. Along with all of this grandeur, was a three course gourmet breakfast which was delicious!

The staff was the best! We took all their recommendations when it came to dining and activities and they did not steer us wrong!

If you want a relaxing, quiet and serene vacation this is the best place to go!

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank erin12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Suffolk
Reviewed May 7, 2008

We searched online for several hours before settling on Cumberland Falls B&B. It turned out to be a better choice than we even expected. There were several things that drew us to Cumberland falls...
- They have a wide variety of rooms, and several price ranges depending on the room
- the two 3rd floor rooms have gas fireplace/stoves
- Most of the rooms have 2 person jacuzzi tubs
**Hint - The Day Dream room is great for a romantic get away or honeymoon retreat (there's a sink, mini-fridge, a little cove w/futon, you never need to leave the room if you don't want to!)

The house itself is gorgeous, a historical home in Asheville. The gardens out back are beautiful, and the flowing fountain out front, could be heard at night even from the 3rd floor when we opened our windows. Breakfast each morning was great, starting with cofee, tea, or hot cider, a muffin, then some sort of fruit course before being presented with the main dish.

The hosts, Gary and Patti were incredibly helpful, offering suggestions from local restaurants to sites to see. In fact were were able to purchase tickets for many of the local attractions right there (some at a discount). They throw in a lot of little unexpected extras (you'll have to stay there to see, I don't want to spoil the surprise.

We'd highly recommend Cumberland Falls to our friends or anyone looking for a friendly, and fun place. In fact when we next visit Asheville, we will be staying here again!

Jimmy & Rachel

• Liked — The whole package (location, house, room, garden, and of course hosts!
  • Disliked — Can't really think of a thing
2 Thank SuffolkCpl
stokesdale, NC
Reviewed May 1, 2008

what a great place...the accomodations were great...they made sure every need was taken care of...great breakfast both mornin gs!

1 Thank Kooldad
New Hampshire
Reviewed April 13, 2008

My mother and I recently travelled to Asheville to visit UNCA and stayed at Cumberland Falls. The yard was gorgeous with plants, ponds, waterfalls, fish, etc. We were welcomed with homemade goodies and felt very taken care of. I'm a vegetarian and my mother is vegan, so breakfast was a challenge. However, we were completely accommodated! My bacon was substituted for delicious, fresh honeydew. The staff specially baked vegan muffins in the morning for my mom and substituted an AMAZING fruit platter for blueberry pancakes. We felt like princesses for the day!

• Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank skippymagoo55
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed April 3, 2008

My wife and I stayed here and had a awesome experience! It was our first Bed & Breakfast and our first visit to Asheville. The room was very clean and spacious with a great view of the garden. It was very quite and very relaxing. We certainly felt like home. The B&B is in a great location close to major attractions. Gary was great in giving very detailed directions to any place we wanted to visit. He's always available for help. Breakfast was amazing! We didn't need a big lunch at all. Overall, we loved it! We can not wait to go back!

• Liked — We loved everything! Not fair in my opinion to singe anything out.
  • Disliked — We loved everything!
1 Thank Soon2Hawaii
Louisiana
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We stayed at At Cumberland Falls for one night in the Lion's Den room. The room itself was very nice and clean (as was the bathroom), with a view of the front street . The staff at ACF was extremely nice and helpful and were available at our beckoned call with Asheville information, maps, restaurant/activity recommendations, etc. The grounds and common areas were also extremely well maintained and pretty. Breakfast was a feast. Definitely recommend this place to anyone not familiar with the area and will stay again if ever traveling through Asheville.

Stayed March 2008
1 Thank CABrock
Lexington, NC
Reviewed March 25, 2008

Cumberland Falls B&B was a perfect getaway. I was looking for stress relief and I found it. The owner, Gary, made you feel welcome from the moment you pulled into the driveway. The house was amazing, I stayed in the sunshine room and was greeted by the sounds of the fountain outside my window. I took advantage of the sunny day and read in the gardens. A small pond with goldfish and a waterfall was the perfect setting for relaxing. Later that night I was offered hot tea and cookies and was able to relax in the parlor with a book. A soak in the Jacuzzi tub in my room was the perfect end to the day. Breakfast was delicious, muffins, fresh fruit, pancakes and bacon. Ask for Gary's sweet and spicy bacon it's wonderful. After breakfast I was helped with directions for the places I wanted to visit in Asheville. Thanks Cumberland Falls for the perfect Spring Break Getaway, I can't wait to return.

• Liked — Service
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo