“My Favorite Inn !”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Asheville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Chicago area
Reviewed November 29, 2006

Our recent stay at the Cedar Crest Inn was delightful. The owners and staff were very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The breakfasts, afternoon snacks and evening desserts were delicious and something to look forward to every day. Our room was very confortable and spotless. Dining recommendations were all outstanding. We would defintiely stay there again.

• Liked — The friendly staff
  • Disliked — The entry to the driveway - tricky
1 Thank boshiff
skokie, il
Reviewed November 28, 2006

We stayed at this wonderful B&B for 5 nights in the Arts & Crafts cottage over the Thanksgiving holiday. The main house was beautiful and well kept, the cottage was quaint and comfortable with a great fireplace, and the staff and innkeepers were gracicous and accommodating. A highlight of each day was the lively and interesting conversation with the other guests while enjoying Bruce's breakfast creations. I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone.
MW

• Liked — innkeepers
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
1 Thank mkwideman
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed November 23, 2006

My husband, daughter, and I just returned from staying overnight at this B&B, and it was bad from the time we arrived until the time we left this morning. I called them to book the William Breese room and told them that we had a 4-year-old and asked what things might be fun to do with her. Ruby, an employee, suggested going to the Grove Park Inn to see the gingerbread display (which is where we were having our Thanksgiving dinner) and then later on that same day when we called to schedule a hot air balloon ride, I spoke with the actual innkeeper, Rita, and asked her who to schedule to balloon ride with because we had a 4-year-old, so she was aware that we had a child. When we arrived yesterday morning, my husband got out to check us in while my daughter and I waited in the car. He said that Rita looked as if she would have a heart attack when he told her that we had a child with us. She said that the type of guests who stay there do not want children around and that had she known we had a child, she would have suggested another place to stay. She suggested to him that we stay in their cottage which is a seperate building on the grounds. I agreed to compromise until we got to the cottage. The cottage was a run down house in the middle of a lower class neighborhood, a tv with rabbit ears, the tiny room smelled of must, and there were bugs in the drawers and the sink. I told my husband no way were we staying there. The room we booked in the b&b was $175.00 and Rita said we could stay in the cottage for $165.00. My husband went back to her and told her the cottage was subpar and that we were going to stay in the room we booked. We got in our room, changed clothes, and went to the Grove Park Inn and stayed there the rest of the day and evening. Cedar Crest is right on the main road, so it is not quiet at all, and there is no central heating and air and not even a ceiling fan, so you have to open the windows to get any sort of air, and then you hear the noise from the traffic and the bums shouting on the street. Thank goodness it was November and cool this time of year. I feel for the people who stay there in July! It is in a bad part of town, there were bugs in our sink and shower, and the hospitality was horrendous. Our child was very quiet and is well-bahaved anyway, and Rita told us that if she heard her that she would ask us to leave. After we returned from the Grove Park Inn around 8:30 pm, we all went to sleep while the other guests stayed up late, talking loudly and playing music. However, they were not asked to leave I am sure. We have never felt so uncomfortable anywhere before, and we will never stay there again. There is nothing to see or do there, and it is located right next to some run down homes with questionable people. Not at all what it looks like in the pictures. The fireplace in the room was just an old coal heater and the shower is the size of a tiny closet. If you weigh more than 200 pounds, you will not be able to fit into the shower. With so many b&b's to choose from, look elsewhere.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Innkeeper
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
10 Thank caroline10202
San Jose
Reviewed October 1, 2006

The mansion has absolutely beautiful interiors that are both authentic and of the period. The rooms were comfortable and bathrooms up to date. The breakfast and afternoon desserts were sumptuous. We quite enjoyed the staff, they all were very accommodating and gracious. I would highly recommend it.

• Liked — The furnishings and decor of the period 1890
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — it's a very sharp right turn in a car from the highway, the left is easier from the other direction
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tpittman
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2006

I wanted to write a review on the Cedar Crest Inn as soon as I returned home because all the reviews listed were from 2005. I like to read recent reviews as well as older reviews when I am searching for a place to stay and I am sure others feel the same. With that said, let me just say, this was our first time at a bed and breakfast and we picked the right spot! Rita, Bruce and the staff they are truly nice and caring. Every morning there is breakfast and the food melts in your mouth! Oh gosh on the way home I told my husband I can still taste the muffins on my lips. The room we stayed in was lovely and then everynight between 6 and 9 there is a desert. Wow! I loved it and I highly recommend it. My stay was a thousand times better than staying in a regular hotel. It's more personal and I like it better that way. So for my first experience with a bed and breakfast Cedar Crest receives a 10 out of 10.
Mrs. L. Sams

2 Thank LSams
LA, CA
Reviewed August 14, 2006

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cedar Crest Inn for the first, and hopefully not the last, time.

We don't usually stay in B&Bs so we were a little apprehensive. Because of this, we chose to stay in the guest cottage that is located behind the main victorian house. It was fantastic! We had so much privacy, yet we were able to enjoy the morning breakfasts and evening desserts in the main house (on the stunning veranda). The staff is incredibly friendly and helpful and the property is stunning.

We fell in love with Asheville---the Inn is only minutes away from the downtown area. There are AMAZING restaurants in town by the way---Tupelo Honey and Early Girl are both outstanding.

The Cedar Crest Inn is a great romantic escape!

• Liked — privacy
  • Disliked — fake flowers in the rooms instead of fresh!
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple