“Wonderful place for an intimate wedding!”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #31 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed March 9, 2009

My daughter wanted a beautiful bed & breakfast location for her wedding and she couldn't have chosen a better place. This wonderful Victorian home was so beautiful from the parlor to the guests room. We had rented all but one of the rooms in the main house from Thursday to Sunday and Jeff greated each guest. He made sure everyone was comfortable and had everything we needed. Bruce, Jeff and the staff got to know each person and anything we needed was quickly accomodated.

The event planner, Randy, was great to work with and he made sure my daughter's day was special without any incidents. The food for our guests was excellent and the service was wonderful. Since we didn't live in the area, we wanted to find a place that could handle everything on site and this place was perfect.

I would highly recommend the Cedar Crest Inn if you want to have a small romantic wedding with about 35 guests. You would have wonderful memories to last a lifetime!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank BridesMomRaleigh

Reviewed November 7, 2008

The Inn is an exceptionally beautiful house filled with antique furniture and art. It’s located close to the Biltmore Estate and not too far from the downtown, but you’ll still need a car to go anywhere. Our room was quite comfortable, but the bathroom even though pretty, was not updated with the modern shower or bath and the old-fashioned bath could be unsafe and easy to slip. The breakfast was tasty and plentiful and the owners are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2008

My wife and I spent a wonderful two days at this bed and breakfast inn. The house is a beautifully restored home that was built during the same time the Biltmore was. The guys operating this place are very nice and accommodating. My wife asked for them to bake a pumpkin pie for me for my birthday and it was delicious. We highly recommend this establishment.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank drs1357
Reviewed October 9, 2008

I was very pleased with my stay at the Cedar Crest Inn. Our room was on the ground floor as I requested and consisted of a lovely bedroom, with a small parlor and large bathroom. The only thing which was unexpected was that there were about 4 steps to get to the bathroom (which i didn't know about) and might be problematic for a person requesting a ground level room. We were fine.

The location was perfect, so conveniently located on a main road but up a little hill so that once you drove up the driveway, you felt as if you had left the "city" behind. The grounds were lovely and the view from the wrap around porch was very pretty.

The breakfasts were a welcome surprise each morning. The food was good and the coffee plentiful. Breakfast was served over an hour period and I think they do it right as I would never stay at a place where I had to be at the table at an exact time.

The staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. i hope i have occasion to return again.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2008

My friend and I traveled to Asheville for the first time and we selected Cedar Crest Inn because of its location, and because it is gay-friendly. My friend and I had separate rooms across the hall from each other and they were both beautifully appointed - lovely furniture, comfortable bed, true to period decorations.
I love that coffee and tea were available early so that we could sneak down for a cup before breakfast and drink while getting dressed. The breakfasts were sublime - Mauricio provides just the right amount, the breads are great, the service terrific! We loved being able to linger over coffee one morning, just relaxing and talking.
After a day of sightseeing, it was so relaxing to be able to sit on the rockers on the porch with our books and our bottle of Biltmore wine; we sat and rocked, taking in the beautiful property and the mountains beyond.
The welcome tea and cookies are a nice touch, and the afternoon/evening desserts were heavenly. Bruce had great recommendations for dinners and sightseeing too.

This place is a TRUE GEM and I hope I get to visit again soon!
Thanks for a beautiful time.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank dav55
Reviewed July 23, 2008

The Cedar Crest Inn was a perfect retreat for a long weekend getaway. In fact, my long-time friend and I are now working to plan an extended stay with our families. The carriage house we stayed in could easily accommodate both our families with elegant comfort. The owners have spent a lot of time, money and care in upgrading the Inn and it's obvious.
The inn was immaculate and every room invited us to "sit a spell" and enjoy the fresh mountain air and get caught up. From the sitting room areas, to the lovely breakfast veranda, to our own secluded deck off of the carriage house, we felt at home.The living areas are beautifully decorated and the landscaping is like being in a southern garden.
The food was excellent! Breakfast was always a treat with something different served each morning and included fresh fruit and baked goods.
The Cedar Crest staff was extremely friendly, accommodating and very knowledgable about the area. They were very helpful in planning our adventures.
Finally, you couldn't pick a more central location in Asheville. It's right around the corner from the entrance to the Biltmore Estate, a short, straight-shot to funky downtown Asheville and a quick drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway.
It would be my first pick for a family vacation, romantic getaway or even for business. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank ga8trgrl
Reviewed July 8, 2008

We stayed at the inn over 4th of July and had a wonderful stay. They were very helpful and did everything they could to make our stay enjoyable. The highlight of our stay was definitely the breakfasts. Marceo is an amazing cook and the food was delicious. Our room was also a nice size and very comfortable for our three day stay. The staff was wonderful!

Stayed: July 2008