“Bed, but a terrible breakfast”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #30 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Aiken, South Carolina
“Bed, but a terrible breakfast”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

My wife and I just spent two nights at Cedar Crest this Easter. The room accommodations were good, but if you are looking forward to a wholesome breakfast...you will be disappointed! Alot of starches, little quantity, and no taste. Of all the B&Bs we have visited, this was the worst breakfast. You will walk away hungry. If we wanted just the bed, we would of gotton a hotel. We don't recommend. This establishment needs to re-think their breakfast menu if you want return customers.

2 Thank Jeffrey H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Abbeville, South Carolina
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in the Serenity Suite at the Cedar Crest Inn during Spring Break 2013. I took my two teens up to visit Biltmore Estate and the inn was located very near Biltmore.

Drew and the staff were awesome and the suite itself was amazing! The bed was very comfy and had lots of pillows. The fireplace was a special added touch, even though the temperature was set at the perfect degree when we arrived.

The sleeper sofa was comfortable and the kids loved having the television directly in front of them...lol There were three journals on the table that were filled with praises from past visitors to the Serenity Suite. We enjoyed reading some of them. It gave it a nice personal touch.

The bathroom was just a few steps up from the bedroom and was enchanting. I had never seen a layout like they had. The jacuzzi was just what my tired muscles needed after the long drive up there and I took full advantage of it. The towels were soft and I especially loved the pink ones.

They served afternoon snacks and drinks like coffee, tea and lemonade. They also had wine by the glass for anyone that would want it in the evenings. We were seated immediately when we arrived for breakfast and were served promptly. We had our choice of unlimited juices and coffee and the food was excellent.

I would recommend the inn to any who are going to be in the area and I will definitely be going back one day.

Room Tip: I hated to give a poor rating on anything, but since they had no pool or kid's activities, I had...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Charotte, nc
Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and i celebrated our mini honeymoon at the Cedar Crest Inn. After the stress of a wedding it was so relaxing to come to a peaceful and cozy lnn. The food was fantastic and we appreciated all the little touches that make you feel at home. Conveniently located close to great restaurants and shopping downtown Asheville, close enough to walk. The manager, Sabrina was an absolute doll. We plan to tell our friends and family about this gem.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank brookep424
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our stay was top notch. Location cannot be beat with downtown and Biltmore right down the road. My wife is both gluten free and vegan and the staff was very accommodating in making sure she had a delicious meal despite her tough restrictions. The rooms were very clean and beautifully decorated. Would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: Each room is very different. Ask staff before booking to make sure you get the right room for your w...
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited Asheville to celebrate our engagement and our stay at the Inn was perfect. Breakfast was a treat, parking was easy, and the staff was epically accommodating. We stayed in the Serenity Suite on the lower level of the house. It had a private entrance, a fireplace, and a private veranda. Seriously charming. A refrigerator and a sitting room gave us everything we needed to feel at home. We will make this trip again as soon as we can!

Room Tip: If you love the personal touches that come with a good B&B and privacy is important, then the Se...
Smiths Station, AL
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Nestled within the heart of "the Paris of the South," Cedar Crest Inn sits majestically atop a hill overlooking the historic Biltmore Village. It's one of those places that the romantics, history enthusiasts, artists and writers dream of staying.
Although I live around four and one half hours South of the city of Asheville, NC, I've somehow managed to call Asheville my weekend home averaging approximately 40 trips per year. Regretfully, I must admit that although Cedar Crest Inn has been a fixture in my mind- one of those places that I should one day plan to stay...it has taken me quite some time for both my schedule and the Inn's availability to line up. Should your schedule and their availability line up, I encourage you to take full advantage of such a wonderful opportunity...as it seems that they are quite popular and rightly so.
Cedar Crest Inn's majestic appearance on its exterior and grounds reflects in elegant fashion in the interiors. Being a late 1800's mansion, it boast some of the most exquisite architectural features outside of the Biltmore Estate which is located only a short distance from the Inns front door. As charming and enchanting as the Inn, are the staff which see to your every need and inquiry. From arrival to departure, the Innkeeper is delighted to assist with such things as a call for a town car, local cafe, fine dining and brewery recommendations and even directions or admission to local attractions. Included each morning with your stay, the Inn graciously provides a delightful gourmet yet casual breakfast dining experience, three courses of fresh, delectable ingredients. A smooth blend of Classical Jazz often fills the air greeting guests, as each return from a day of browsing local galleries, shops or perhaps a drive along the Blue Ridge or even a hike to the top pf Mt. Pisgah. By afternoon, a wonderful selection of complimentary teas, coffee and even wine are offered to guests. With charming sitting areas located both indoors and out, Cedar Crest Inn provides the perfect enviroment for both those seeking adventure and those wishing to simply take it easy with nothing more than the BEST of rest and relaxation.
This Spring presented the opportunity of my first stay at Cedar Crest Inn and I am delighted to say that I shall be a returning guest, again and again. There is truly no better place to stay in all of Asheville than Cedar Crest.

Room Tip: Cedar Crest Inn only offers exceptional rooms. Truly. Each room displays each ones very own Victoria...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah W
Salem, Alabama
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Now I know why Cedar Crest Inn is such a popular place!

I visit Asheville on average 30-40 times a year. Over the last year on several occasions I have inquired about availability at Cedar Crest. It happened to be during peak tourism times. There was no availability but instead of quickly ending our call, the innkeeper was so kind and went out of his way to offer suggestions that may be of help to us. Other than the many times we pass by admiring the beautiful estate, I must say that the kindness of the staff over the phone greatly added to our keeping Cedar Crest on out list of places to stay.

On very short notice, the last week of March my grand daughter, my daughter, and I made a reservation at Cedar Crest. We are gallery owners and after a very pressed schedule were looking forward to a time away to rest and relax. It was great to find that the staff just as nice and personable throughout our stay as they were on the phone. We enjoyed taking in the beautiful ascents of the mansion and the feeling at times as though we had leased the whole place although it was a sold out stay. I must say that Cedar Crest is not lacking in exquisite beauty, impeccable cleanliness and exceeded our expectations. Reviewing many Bed and Breakfast we find that they are plush but modern and not kept to the period decor or they are dated..not kept up, and cheaply furnished. Cedar Crest is as beautiful as comfortable and kept to the period it should be.
Not only do I hope to return soon, but I have highly recommended it to all of our gallery friends. Great service, kind staff, wonderful breakfast, coffee, tea, and wine, unbelievably priced!

Room Tip: "Celebration Suite! " worth every bit of the trip to the top!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends