“I couldn't have picked a better place to stay in Asheville!”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #32 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Why would anyone stay in a hotel when you can be in a beautiful historic house such as this! The interior of the main house is beautifully restored. I stayed in one of the guest cottage house rooms separate from the main house. It was charming, cozy, safe and private. The grounds are nice to wander and sit with a glass of wine (or two!). Breakfast was over the top every morning. The wrap around porch is one of the most relaxing places to rest after a long day of sightseeing, and is beautifully lit at night. The Inn's location is superb. Close to Biltmore estate and a short easy drive right up Biltmore Ave. into downtown Asheville. I cannot say enough about the wonderful, friendly, helpful staff here. Thank you Sabrina for making me feel welcomed and right at home there!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KeepOnTruckin3
There are newer reviews for Cedar Crest Inn

Reviewed November 5, 2012

The stay was great. I choose the small room as part of a cottage and it was small but just what I needed. Great breakfast. Learned that being within walking distance to the entrance to The Biltmore did not matter as the entrance was 2 miles from the Biltmore itself!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We three sisters had SUCH a delightful stay at Cedar Crest Inn. The Inn is lovely, the hospitality wonderful, delicious afternoon Tea/goodies and a wonderful homemade breakfast daily. I give a lot of the credit for our great memories to Sabrina, who warmly welcomed us, helped me carry my luggage up to the 3rd floor, even mailed some cards for me. I enjoyed going to Asheville before this visit, but, staying at Cedar Crest Inn made this visit even more special!

Room Tip: The Tower Room has a delightful, and quaint, bathroom with a claw foot tub.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane M
Reviewed October 19, 2012

The stay wasn't bad, but there were quite a few things that could have been done better by a quality B&B. For instance, maybe have a current paper there for guests to read with coffee in the morning. Maybe offering honey as a sweetner for tea and coffee. Or, closing the kitchen door so that the employees' dirty laundry about their divorces aren't aired for the guests. It was a lack of the little, finer things that I wished had been different.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Prowlers
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My two sisters and I had a wonderful time at the Cedar Crest Inn during our three day stay last week. The Tower Room bath was particularly popular! Sabrina and the other hostess were fabulous. The breakfasts were delicious and it was nice sharing this time with the other Inn guests. It was a delightful time in such a beautiful area. We enjoyed the downtown Asheville time we spent, especially taking the Thomas Wolfe home tour. Biltmore gets more spectacular and more "events" there open up regularly. So very special!

Room Tip: Rooms to meet certain criteria.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Cedar Crest and instantly felt the charm and history of the residence. We did a late arrival, since we were driving in after work, and the owner and one of the inn keepers were very friendly and personable.

We have stayed at quite a few B&Bs over the last few years- always preferring the Victorian style - and this one did not disappoint. The rooms that we saw were wonderfully decorated. Compared to other B&B's in Asheville, the breakfast was tasty and edible and we thought it was a great perk that complimentary wine and baked snacks were available through out the day.

We stayed in the William Breese room, and was glad to discover that it was less pink than the pictures on the website. And although we were under the impression that this room had a claw foot tub- or a tub period- we were slightly disappointed by the mini bathroom...but still liked the charm of the room. If either of us were a smidge bigger in size, the shower would have been just for show and not able to be used... And I will say that although the decor was beautiful, we did have an issue with our room - that I'm sure can be quickly resolved by either sealing in the windows better or doing extermination more regularly.

We found ourselves battling a brown bug issue - not quite roaches, but something else equally gross. During our weekend stay we killed 14 of those little suckers in total, and I slept only a few hours each night because they seemed to come in from the windows and crawl over the lamp and on the bed. I laugh as I type, because once I woke my partner up at 3am when I slapped myself after feeling one crawling along my face (sorry if this is graphic)... So anyway, the place is beautiful and if they got the bug thing under control, we would consider staying in one of the other rooms, that particular room would just give me flashbacks...

Although this seems like a complaint, it really was more of a nuisance. I didnt even bother to advise the inn keepers because there werent any other rooms available and since it wasnt an issue that would have been able to be resolved during our 2 day stay- it seemed pointless because to converse about it on our one romantic weekend in forever would have soured our experience...

So all of the bug thing aside, I still rate them Very Good...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Katydid_12
cedarcrestinn, Owner at Cedar Crest Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

Hello:

Thank you for all of your kind words! We really love positive feedback and we love to hear about the experiences our customers had while staying here.

In regards to their only issue - Asheville has been for the past number of years infiltrated with a non indigenous Asian stink bug. The issue with this bug seems to be a problem across the eastern seaboard. Unfortunately these little buggers are immune to almost all pesticides and have been stirring up many homes and farms across the states. We have taken the most extreme measures to make sure this problem does not affect the Inn. Last year when they started getting really bad I spent over $7K installing storm windows on every window at the Inn. I also have a contractor come through the house at least once a month to seal any holes that these guys could get into... Old house = cracks and crevices. I also have the exterminator come once a week to spray the outside of the home. We have these guys in check, unfortunately the occasional guest will open a window, leave a door open or a crack or crevice pops up that was not there before and these guys sneak in. I assure any future guest that this is not an issue so long as the windows and doors stay shut. We check rooms twice every day to make sure that windows are shut and that no new crevices have surfaced. We are aware of this issue as is everyone in the region that has been hit with these guys and we pledge to do everything possible to keep them outside. Now that it is getting colder and we have had a frost the problem is next to non existent now, even outside. Just to further solidify to every reader that this is a RARE occurrence, the stink bugs have been bad for 2 years now in Asheville and this is the first review that ever made mention of it. Thanks again to the reviewer for the great review and we hope that they come back to visit us sometime and see that this was an isolated incident.

Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful mansion painted pink with TONS of charm. Very responsible and helpful staff. Minutes to Biltmore Village and the Biltmore Estate. Also close to beautiful, eclectic downtown Asheville.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DO THE LA ZOOM TOURS-Comedic Day and Haunted Night Tours!!!! Both have different points of view and its like nothing you have ever seen!!!! Talk about interactive! WOW!!!

• Stayed: September 2012