“Wonderful time at Cedar Crest Inn”
Review of Cedar Crest Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Asheville
Cedar Crest Inn
Ranked #30 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“Wonderful time at Cedar Crest Inn”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My two sisters and I had a wonderful time at the Cedar Crest Inn during our three day stay last week. The Tower Room bath was particularly popular! Sabrina and the other hostess were fabulous. The breakfasts were delicious and it was nice sharing this time with the other Inn guests. It was a delightful time in such a beautiful area. We enjoyed the downtown Asheville time we spent, especially taking the Thomas Wolfe home tour. Biltmore gets more spectacular and more "events" there open up regularly. So very special!

Room Tip: Rooms to meet certain criteria.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My partner and I stayed at Cedar Crest and instantly felt the charm and history of the residence. We did a late arrival, since we were driving in after work, and the owner and one of the inn keepers were very friendly and personable.

We have stayed at quite a few B&Bs over the last few years- always preferring the Victorian style - and this one did not disappoint. The rooms that we saw were wonderfully decorated. Compared to other B&B's in Asheville, the breakfast was tasty and edible and we thought it was a great perk that complimentary wine and baked snacks were available through out the day.

We stayed in the William Breese room, and was glad to discover that it was less pink than the pictures on the website. And although we were under the impression that this room had a claw foot tub- or a tub period- we were slightly disappointed by the mini bathroom...but still liked the charm of the room. If either of us were a smidge bigger in size, the shower would have been just for show and not able to be used... And I will say that although the decor was beautiful, we did have an issue with our room - that I'm sure can be quickly resolved by either sealing in the windows better or doing extermination more regularly.

We found ourselves battling a brown bug issue - not quite roaches, but something else equally gross. During our weekend stay we killed 14 of those little suckers in total, and I slept only a few hours each night because they seemed to come in from the windows and crawl over the lamp and on the bed. I laugh as I type, because once I woke my partner up at 3am when I slapped myself after feeling one crawling along my face (sorry if this is graphic)... So anyway, the place is beautiful and if they got the bug thing under control, we would consider staying in one of the other rooms, that particular room would just give me flashbacks...

Although this seems like a complaint, it really was more of a nuisance. I didnt even bother to advise the inn keepers because there werent any other rooms available and since it wasnt an issue that would have been able to be resolved during our 2 day stay- it seemed pointless because to converse about it on our one romantic weekend in forever would have soured our experience...

So all of the bug thing aside, I still rate them Very Good...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Katydid_12
cedarcrestinn, Owner at Cedar Crest Inn, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello:

Thank you for all of your kind words! We really love positive feedback and we love to hear about the experiences our customers had while staying here.

In regards to their only issue - Asheville has been for the past number of years infiltrated with a non indigenous Asian stink bug. The issue with this bug seems to be a problem across the eastern seaboard. Unfortunately these little buggers are immune to almost all pesticides and have been stirring up many homes and farms across the states. We have taken the most extreme measures to make sure this problem does not affect the Inn. Last year when they started getting really bad I spent over $7K installing storm windows on every window at the Inn. I also have a contractor come through the house at least once a month to seal any holes that these guys could get into... Old house = cracks and crevices. I also have the exterminator come once a week to spray the outside of the home. We have these guys in check, unfortunately the occasional guest will open a window, leave a door open or a crack or crevice pops up that was not there before and these guys sneak in. I assure any future guest that this is not an issue so long as the windows and doors stay shut. We check rooms twice every day to make sure that windows are shut and that no new crevices have surfaced. We are aware of this issue as is everyone in the region that has been hit with these guys and we pledge to do everything possible to keep them outside. Now that it is getting colder and we have had a frost the problem is next to non existent now, even outside. Just to further solidify to every reader that this is a RARE occurrence, the stink bugs have been bad for 2 years now in Asheville and this is the first review that ever made mention of it. Thanks again to the reviewer for the great review and we hope that they come back to visit us sometime and see that this was an isolated incident.
Ocean City, Maryland
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful mansion painted pink with TONS of charm. Very responsible and helpful staff. Minutes to Biltmore Village and the Biltmore Estate. Also close to beautiful, eclectic downtown Asheville.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DO THE LA ZOOM TOURS-Comedic Day and Haunted Night Tours!!!! Both have different points of view and its like nothing you have ever seen!!!! Talk about interactive! WOW!!!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank medicenter D
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed September 5, 2012

As a last minute trip, we headed to Asheville. Using TA we found the Cedar Crest Inn and called them up. There were a couple of rooms available and we chose to stay in the Queen Anne Room (#5) after seeing the pictures online.

We arrived at the B&B around 8PM and we were greated warmly by the caretaker. The building itself is amazing. The wordwork and history was much more than we expected. The room was almost exactly what was shown online and we were very happy with the overall experience.

Waking up the next morning in the foggy mountain air to freshly brewed coffee was wonderful! The breakfast that was served was great as well.

The only reason I can't seem to bring myself to give this B&B 5 stars is due to a few small things that seem to be overlooked. The items are mainly maintenance issues and minor. There were quite a few lights in our room, yet over half of them were not working. There was one older fixture that seemed to be a bit risky and I didn't dare try and use it. I also understand the use of CFL's, but it does take away from the history a bit as well. A full maintenance sweep schedule of the B&B would easily put this into a 5 star stay for us. The next time we are in the Ashville area, I will stay here again and I hope that these minor issues are taken care of :)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FoutsNC
West Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed here recently and thoroughly enjoyed it. Learning some of the history of the Inn was as enjoyable as staying there. It is very charming! The breakfast is delicious, and we sampled several of the baked goods and coffee/tea service throughout the day, and everything was excellent. Our room was in the Stable house, and the only trouble we had is the A/C seemed to turn off at night? The room was very cool throughout the day but we could not figure out why it was so hot at night. Maybe our neighbors turned it off at night or something. Anyway, I highly recommend this Inn. It would be fun for a group of people to stay in the Stable house together, and we may plan that for the next trip!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SoldByNicole
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Cedar Crest Inn is a beautiful spot to stay while visiting Asheville. We stayed in the Romeo & Juliet room and it was very comfortable. The hosts were accommodating and offered great advice for things to do in the area. The wraparound porch is a wonderful place to sit at the end of the day or while enjoying breakfast. Each morning they offer a three-course breakfast with fruit, bread, and a main dish. Each morning the different breads/muffins were delicious although the main course, an egg dish, was average. Overall though it was a wonderful place to spend a few days and we would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lkm624
NJ
Reviewed August 26, 2012

On my second trip to Asheville, NC I decided to try a different B&B and since I would be traveling alone this trip, it was my goal to find a comfortable, clean and safe place to settle for a few days. My search led me to the Cedar Crest Inn; this B&B is centrally located between any attraction you might be there to see. The Inn Keeper, very enthusiastic, suggested many restaurants in the area and I certainly was not disappointed with his selections.

The delicious three course breakfast was served on the veranda with the refreshing August breeze offered by the mountains. Finding a quiet nook in the eventin, i settled to read and relax with the complimentary snacks and wine. Each night I slept soundly in the inviting bed in my quiet, clean, secure room.

The history held in the walls of this "pink lady" were not lost on me, but she had all of the comforts and conveniences I've come to expect. My stay at the Cedar Crest Inn exceeded my expectations. She and all who serve in her were warm, friendly and accomadating. I'll be sure to stay here the next time I'm visiting Asheville.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo