TripAdvisor
Asheville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews james and susan hummingbird room other guests robin's nest front porch cardinal room wine and appetizers each evening sweet treats wonderful hosts cookie jar hors d oeuvres cocktail hour b and b quiche the main house historic montford
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Diana and Kevin welcomed us like family with a fabulous array of different and yummy cold and warm appetizers and wine before we headed out for the night..the rooms were roomy, darling and peaceful with a great night’s sleep with our own bathrooms. The breakfast was wonderful and truly kept us full until dinner..my favorite was the front porch with rockers and swings while we drank coffee and visited before heading out for hiking or exploring the Biltmore..love to Diana and Kevin it was a memorable weekend our new home away from home☘️☘️Ellen

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank ellentE7042GF
Diana T, Owner at Carolina Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you so much Ellen for your amazing review! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed having the five of you lovely ladies here at the Carolina. You ladies brought so much joy into my inn, with your longstanding friendships, the birthday celebrations for that awesome special number that I'm about to hit too, the special gifts for each other and the deep love that was shining through from the whole gang. It delighted me to be a part of this weekend with you all. I'm so glad that you came here! I hope you'll come back to see me again soon. Until then, all the very best to you.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Heading home from a fabulous 3 night stay at the Inn. We were greeted warmly after many hours of travel. We enjoyed delicious appetizers and chilled rose for Happy Hour, tremendous quiet in a beautifully appointed room. No detail forgotten. 2 course breakfast with coffee were outstanding!
Loved it!
5 STARS

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Thank you so much Suzie for taking the time to write this lovely review for us. It was so wonderful to have you five ladies staying with us here at the Carolina for your college reunion long weekend. I'm so thrilled that you picked us for this special time together with your dear friends. It was such a great vibe to have you all here with us as you celebrated these amazing friendships. I loved being a part of the celebration. I hope you'll come back soon and bring your sweetie along to see us. I'd love to meet him! Until I see you again, all the very best to you!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed for the third time for a quick overnight trip. We were, AGAIN, impressed. The place is always so clean, and feels like home! Sarah and Diana were there to greet us with smiles when we arrived. The evening snacks were delicious, as always! The porch is always our favorite place to sit and enjoy the quiet neighborhood! I am always amazed at how quiet the place is even when it is booked full - I never hear anyone in another room or on the stairs!! The bed is so comfy and it is such an awesome sleep!! I ordered my husband the “Bromance package” that was already waiting in our room when we arrived. The charcuterie was plentiful and delicious and the local beers chosen for us were perfect!! This was complimented with the night time treat left for us - delicious! Then, in the morning we were treated to a filling and delicious breakfast that has never disappointed each time we have visited!! We continue to book a stay here because it is so welcoming, and I know we will be taken care of like we are family each time!! Thank you so much!!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much Ivey for taking the time to write this fabulous review for us. We are so grateful that you did and even more grateful that you keep coming back to the Carolina. We love having you and Ryan here with us and yes, you'll always be treated like family because in our eyes you are! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your "Bromance Package" and that I did all right when I picked those local beers for you to enjoy. There are so many great beer choices here in Asheville and with the guidance that you gave me on your favorite types of beers, it was easy to get a good selection for you. Can't wait to see you two again and I hope you'll get to stay longer next time. Until then, all the very best to you both!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Looking for an opportunity to experience Southern hospitality at it's finest, this is the place to go.

Located on a quiet street in the Montfort historic district this charming in was built in 1901 by architect Richard Smith.

The rooms are lovely, the beds comfortable, the big porch is the perfect place to start your morning cup of coffee in hand or end the day with wine or tea.

As charming as the building is, it was our hosts the owners Kevin and Diana and their assistant Sarah who made it feel like home. Helpful, full of tips on where to go, what to do and even the best ways to do it. (Parking lot C at the Biltmore)

Appetizers every afternoon at 5:30 gave us a chance to wind down and visit with other travelers.

And breakfast every morning was a true gourmet dining experience. Different each day, the two courses often carried us straight through dinner

Oh and the homemade sweet surprise in our room every evening was the perfect way to end the day.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much Lorraine for taking the time to write this brilliant review for us. It was such a pleasure to have you here with us. I loved meeting the Ball family! Having the two brothers here with their lovely wives was so much fun. I'm so happy that the four of you enjoyed your time here and that you and Andy got to stay that extra day. Sending pictures to Sis-in-law Karen to torture her with the beautiful breakfast food pictures was hilarious. I know she wished she was still here to enjoy it too. I hope you'll all come back to see us again. Until then, all the very best to you and your family!!

Reviewed September 13, 2019

This is the absolute BEST place I have ever stayed. My mom and I came here for a very last minute and despite the short notice, Diana and Kevin were ready for us (even Including some dietary restrictions). The rooms were beautiful and extremely cozy. the best part was that Diana is an incredible cook. We came to Asheville for the food but didn’t end up eating out nearly as much as we expected because we didn’t want to miss her delicious breakfast and social hour appetizers. Oh, and I can’t forget the dessert that was left I our room for when we returned each evening. Kevin and Diana were such welcoming and personable hosts and made our trip one that we will never forget . The ONLY thing that could have made our visit better is if we could have stayed even longer. If you are visiting Asheville, you don’t want to miss out on staying at the Carolina Bed and Breakfast!

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you so much Leigh for such a wonderful review. I loved having you and your mom staying here with us at the Carolina. It felt like I've known you both forever. It was so lovely to spend this time with you two and to feel like I've made some very dear new friends. I hope that you'll come back soon to see me again. Wishing you both all the very best of health and happiness. Until I see you again, sending hugs and kisses to you and Leslie. xo