“A Favorite Bed and Breakfast”

Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #13 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Cumming, Georgia
“A Favorite Bed and Breakfast”
Reviewed October 27, 2008

It was my second visit to the Applewood Manor and this last experience was just as wonderful as the first. Nancy and Larry Merrill are the perfect hosts and you are made to feel very much at home from the moment you arrive.
Breakfast is a special treat with simply delicious food prepared by Nancy and served up with Southern charm and humor by husband Larry.
Their beautiful 100 year old home is the perfect location if visiting Asheville or the Biltmore. And, provided you visit in season as we did, you can pick apples in the back yard!

• Liked — The Innkeepers
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Texas
Reviewed October 27, 2008

1st time in a B & B and we weren't quite sure what to expect.
We booked for 4 nights. Everything about this inn was perfection.
We could park right on the grounds. Very quiet street even though close to downtown. The house is immaculate clean and very well appointed with fire places in every room, beautiful antique furnishings and fresh flowers. The breakfasts were homeade delight (with china and crystal)- after 4 mornings, we never had the same thing twice. The back yard is like a park - there are flowers everywhere and apples you can eat right from the tree. Nancy and Larry were wonderful hosts, we felt like old friends when we left. Highly recommend this inn.
Wynona from Texas

• Liked — Beautiful home
  • Disliked — too far away to visit again soon
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Swansboro, NC
Reviewed October 9, 2008

We recently stayed at Applewood Manor B&B and everything was wonderfull. The hosts Nancy and Larry took great pride in accomodating us during our stay. Our room was very comfortable and had a fireplace and it's own balcony. The house is absolutely beautiful and has two porches with swings and rocking chairs. The lawn is huge and has an arbor to sit under and a great hammock, which we enjoyed. Downtown Asheville is a short walk from the house and Biltmore is only a short drive. The breakfasts are three course delights that were some of the best food that I have ever eaten. Nancy hosts afternoon wine hour with great wines, cheese and chocolate. We stayed here as part of our honeymoon and are glad that we did. The place met all of our expectations and more. We look forward to returning to Applewood Manor and recommend it to everyone.

• Liked — Room, food, location, hosts
  • Disliked — I liked everything
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
El Granada, CA
Reviewed October 9, 2008

Nancy and Larry go out of their way to make you feel like family, complete with hugs when you arrive and leave. The breakfasts are four courses . . . so be prepared. The rooms are lovely and homey.
NIce location, too.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
new york
Reviewed October 6, 2008

I've done a lot of traveling all over the world and Applewood Manor is one of my favorite places to stay. The house & all of the the rooms (did not see the top floor room) are bright, airy & immaculate, furnished with antiques that give you a feeling of the South. The house itself has lots of porches and cozy spots to relax & our hosts made us feel so comfortable wandering around making ourselves at home. We felt genuinely welcome, like they were happy to have us there. Nancy makes a REALLY delicious breakfast and both Nancy & Larry take a genuine interest in helping you find what you need/want around Asheville & making any arrangements. I cannot think of anything I would want to change, and believe me, I usually do!

• Liked — nice atmosphere, cleanliness & hospitality
  • Disliked — liked everything
  • Stayed July 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We just spent a great weekend in Asheville at this great B&B. We are still full from the hearty breakfast and it is now late afternoon. The Northern Spy room was very comfortable with a few chairs and ensuite bathroom. Nancy and Larry were very attentive and made sure that we knew our directions and had plenty of ideas for things to do. We have no hesitations to say make your reservation to stay here. - Dan & Cathy

• Liked — Very friendly owners - a 20 minute walk to downtown Asheville past great old homes.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Raleigh NC
Reviewed October 3, 2008

I took my two sons to Asheville for a mini-vacation. I had a hard time finding a place to accommodate 3 people, much less teenagers. At Applewood Manor Inn, they had a room for us, and it was plenty big enough for 3. We had a lovely porch outside our room. The inn is exceptionally clean, and the innkeepers, Nancy and Larry, are warm, friendly, and inviting. They let you be as flexible as you want to be. My favorite thing was the planning hour (the wine was great!). My boys are 14 and 16, and they had a wonderful time exploring the yard, playing badminton, and making puzzles. We also enjoyed the breakfasts and Nancy's cooking. As a side note, I lost my night guard that I wear when I sleep. Nancy said not to worry, and she found it in a trash bag. I had just gotten that night guard from my dentist. Nancy saved me $450!!! I can't thank her enough.

• Liked — It was clean, the people were friendly, it was quiet.
  • Disliked — Eating breakfast that early (I am not an early bird)
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family