“Relaxing B&B accommodating your every need”

Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #11 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 5, 2008

We just spent a great weekend in Asheville at this great B&B. We are still full from the hearty breakfast and it is now late afternoon. The Northern Spy room was very comfortable with a few chairs and ensuite bathroom. Nancy and Larry were very attentive and made sure that we knew our directions and had plenty of ideas for things to do. We have no hesitations to say make your reservation to stay here. - Dan & Cathy

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 3, 2008

I took my two sons to Asheville for a mini-vacation. I had a hard time finding a place to accommodate 3 people, much less teenagers. At Applewood Manor Inn, they had a room for us, and it was plenty big enough for 3. We had a lovely porch outside our room. The inn is exceptionally clean, and the innkeepers, Nancy and Larry, are warm, friendly, and inviting. They let you be as flexible as you want to be. My favorite thing was the planning hour (the wine was great!). My boys are 14 and 16, and they had a wonderful time exploring the yard, playing badminton, and making puzzles. We also enjoyed the breakfasts and Nancy's cooking. As a side note, I lost my night guard that I wear when I sleep. Nancy said not to worry, and she found it in a trash bag. I had just gotten that night guard from my dentist. Nancy saved me $450!!! I can't thank her enough.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2008

This was our second visit to the Applewood Manor and we'll definitely go back for many more visits. Nancy & Larry were charming hosts. The B&B was a perfect get away for a girls weekend. My favorite was the porch off our room!

the location is convenient to downtown Asheville and of course Nancy and Larry gave great recommendations for all of our activities. Great location and value for the money!

One of the great features of a B&B is meeting the other guests during breakfast. Every year we meet the most interesting people! Even Monty and Maggie (the two Terriers) made me feel right at home.

Overall, Charming, relaxing and fit the bill for a weekend away.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 8, 2008

I stayed at this bed and breakfast with two of my high school girlfriends. My husband and I always stay at bed and breakfasts when we travel and I will have to say, these were two of the best innkeepers I have ever encountered. Nancy and Larry did everything they could to make our stay wonderful. We had a great room that was very comfortable for all 3 of us (it is often hard to find one room in a bed and breakfast that will sleep 3 people) and we had a private deck right off our room. We spent lots of time there!! Nancy's homemade breakfasts were out of this world and very ample. All in all, it was a fabulous visit and I would highly recommend Applewood Manor Inn Bed and Breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2008

We visited Asheville to get away and wanted to be relaxed and pampered. We were very satisfied with Applewood for this choice. Nancy and Larry are wonderful hosts. The accommodations were above our expectations. Nancy is an excellent cook and Larry provides the entertainment. And both are adorable. It is amazing how people can feel so welcomed by those they have just met. They definitely made it worth our while.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2008

My wife and I went to Asheville to attend my niece's wedding. We wanted to stay at a B&B, and did our best to pick one out of the AAA Tourbook. We picked Applewood Manor Inn, and we feel we hit the jackpot. We couldn't have made a better choice. From the moment innkeeper Nancy Merrill gave us an introductory tour of the inn, we felt that this was an extremely well-run establishment. Our room was beautifully furnished and impeccably clean. The afternoon desserts were delicious. Breakfasts were original and also delicious. Fellow guests were very interesting to talk to. We had gotten away from staying at B&Bs, but Applewood Manor restored all our enthusiasm for staying at them- if we're lucky enough to stay at one as good as Applewood.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2008

The hosts went out of their way to make our visit enjoyable and memorable. The room was lovely and met my chief criterion---quiet. I would recommend Applewood to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple