Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$224
  • Restaurant
$88
Country Inn
$172
$157
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$89
$118
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
$309
$278
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewswinesap suitecortland cottageb bgranny smith roomother guestsmacintosh roomnorthern spyimperial roomwonderful hostsown private balconyquichemontford neighborhoodeach morningthree courseshouse is beautifulnine milethe main house
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 1, 2013

With a choice of many for our first trip to Asheville, I am so glad we chose the Applewood Manor! Nancy and Larry are the best Inn Keepers I have ever encountered (and I have stayed at so many Inns) - they are just lovely to be around and so very welcoming. The Inn itself is charming, cozy and feels just like home. We stayed in the WineSap Suite and it was wonderful ! We cannot wait to return and I wouldn't stay anywhere else when we do!

Reviewed December 22, 2012

My wife and I just completed a 3 night stay with Nancy and Larry. The home was immaculately clean, the bedroom was large and comfortable with a new mattress. Gas fireplaces in most all of the rooms, including the bedroom, made us feel right at home. Larry and Nancy were extremely helpful with recommendations on restauraunts and touring. Nancy's breakfasts were outstanding. The 5 pm cocktail hour was a welcome respite. The wine, cheese, crackers and chips were great. We are frequent travelers and have been around the world many times and quite frankly this was the best B&B we have ever stayed at. We were made to feel like family.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed here back in October in the Northern Spy room. This is a lovely, well run bed and breakfast. The owners Larry and Nancy are very helpful with recommending restaurants, places to visit and with sharing the history of Asheville with those who are interested. The breakfasts were very delicious, and consisted of 3 courses- one of fruit, yogurt and granola (homemade), one of some type of bread, and the main course. We had nice weather during our stay and quite enjoyed the walk to downtown, some have complained that it is too long of a walk, but we didn't find this to be the case, maybe because the weather was so enjoyable while we were there. The wine happy hour in the afternoon was a nice treat and allowed you to talk to other guests and get recommendations for where to go for dinner!

Our room was nice and had a flat screen TV. The bathroom was a little on the small side, which was fine for us during our stay, but if you need to have a large bathroom you may want to choose one of the larger rooms. I'm sure you could contact Nancy and she would help you pick the room best suited to your needs.

We enjoyed our stay at this wonderful bed and breakfast and would recommend it to anyone looking to stay in Asheville.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

My wife and I found a really nice B&B the other day. The owners, Larry and Nancy were as nice as can be. Both were especially warm and friendly. The house and bedroom was spotless and most comfortable. Our breakfast was excellent. Nancy prepared an incredible banana / chocolate nut bread, Belgium Waffles, thick cut bacon, fruit, yogurt and homemade granola. Wow! Great coffee too.
Downtown Asheville is walk-able from the Inn but it isn't right around the corner. We walked it in about 20 minutes. Would we go back? Yes, most definitely!

Room Tip: Request the York Imperial room. That's where we stayed. Very nice.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I wanted to go to Asheville and she found this place. It was so much fun, in and of it self, plus all the other things to do in the area. We enjoyed great food in the morning to get your day started and then a comfortable place to lay your head when your ready to sleep. Nancy and Larry are the best host you could as for. The food they made for us in the morning was delicious. We enjoyed our time with them, and all the other guests. I watched my Alabama- LSU football game on the flat screen TV in my room with Direct TV HD reception. What a fun place to stay. The fire places added a great touch of warmth to the main rooms. The house was so well maintained and clean. We enjoyed every minute and will do it again soon.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms are great. The up stairs room has the most room but all are great.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple