“Two night stay at Abemarle Inn”
Review of Albemarle Inn

Albemarle Inn
Ranked #25 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Noblesville, Indiana
“Two night stay at Abemarle Inn”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Dennis and I had a wonderful two days/nights at the Albemarle Inn in Ashville. N.C.. We certainly enjoyed the Fall getaway. We enjoyed our bottle of wine, cheese and crackers that we had brought from our shopping trip and sat out on the large front porch enjoying the view.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Suwanee, GA
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Beautiful Southern mansion. Beautiful location. Perfect for Fall getaways. Don't know how they will keep all the stars and diamonds, though. Do they have new owners? Very grouchy old man stalking around. We didn't feel very welcomed. Wine and appetizers very stingy--one glass of wine per person. Great breakfast food, but one sausage each? You get the feeling the owners are trying to scrimp and save and cut corners. Not bottled water. Very stingy with breakfast. Just not a comfortable and happy place compared to others we have enjoyed in Asheville. Basically not worth the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EdnaZ
Spring, Texas
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Arriving and walking into the house was like walking through Alice's looking-glass! Very friendly and helpful staff, comfortable rooms, and the baked French toast for breakfast was wonderfully sinful. Drinks and hors d'oeuvres were enjoyable and relaxing on the big front porch overlooking the front yard. We even got to see a bear - an unexpected treat. Would highly recommend for a quiet vacation for two!

Room Tip: Loved the Juliet Room because it had the private balconly overlooking the front yard.
Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at the Albemarle Inn earlier this month. The owner and staff were super, our room was vintage and clean, the breakfast was out of this world and the Inn was up to date in some respects yet a step back in time in other respects which fit right in with the Biltmore Estate experience. A must!!

New Orleans
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this inn for 4 nights in late December. The inn was conveniently located in town, a few blocks from the Grove Park Inn. The facility was comfortable and quaint. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful. A delightful breakfast was served each morning. The room was comfortable and clean. Overall it was a wonderful experience.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Our three day stay at Albemarle Inn was great. The staff and owner-Rosemary were friendly, attentive and extremely helpful. They assisted us with getting around town with maps and suggestions for dinner. They also guided us to our destinations in North and South Carolina since this was our first visit to the area. Rosemary and Ashley offered evening snacks as we relaxed and visited on the porch with other guests. The three course breakfasts were exquisite. The Oak Room was charming and the entire house was lovely. This visit was our anniversary/retirement adventure to enjoy the mountains and sites. The only drawback was we wished we could have had more time to spend there. Perhaps another time...

Room Tip: We chose the Oak Room next to the porch as we are early risers and we enjoyed coffee early in the mo...
Fair Haven, New Jersey
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The good:

The house is gorgeous, easy to get to from 240, breakfast is phenomenal, the staff (not the owners) is warm, friendly and helpful.

The bad:

1A. The owners were, well, chilly toward us. Not sure why. For example, we got back Friday night at 9:30 pm. The owner, Fabrizio, was standing in the doorway holding open the front door and staring at us as we parked and walked in. We couldn't see him well because he was silohuetted by back lighting. He didn't say a word until we were both inside the entryway and then simply said "I am the owner, Fabrizio". That's it. It felt really weird.

1B. The other owner, Rosemary, walked past us when we first walked in. She looked at us while we spoke to the young lady who greeted us, but didn't say anything. Our experience with other owner's of B&B's has been different in a more friendly way.

2. The shower in the "Vanity Fair" room has an inch or two of standing water at the end of your shower. I mentioned the problem to them on Saturday morning, but the problem was still there on Sunday. I imagine it has something to do with the age of the place; nonetheless, we paid over $1000 (including taxes) for 2 nights, so it's reasonable to expect a shower that drains.

3. There is a low step up into the bathroom. I slammed my toe into the step at night when the lights were off. No real harm was done, but it's a bit of a menace.

Bottom Line: We'll stay somewhere else next time we visit Asheville.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Central_Jersey_NJ
Albemarleinnkeepers, Owner at Albemarle Inn, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I'm glad that you were pleased with the property and our staff, and that you so enjoyed my breakfasts during your stay! I apologize that you had some unsatisfactory issues. This is not the norm for our Albemarle inn guests, as you can see from nearly all other reviewers. Normally all guests feel properly welcomed & satisfied in our inn.
Your encounter with Fabrizio seems strange indeed.Being Italian, he has a very formal demeaner. Perhaps you misinterpreted him, and he merely wanted to introduce himself. Sorry for that awkwardness. He was standing at the door, as he had just locked it for the night, and upon seeeing you arrive-held it open for you. I'm sorry you felt unwelcomed by me as well. Initially, I walked past you in the parlour as you were in conversation with our Assistant Innkeeper since I did not want to be intrusive and interrupt. Immediately upon my return after carrying in the rest of my groceries, I walked over to you and profusely appologized for not initiallly greeting you. I personally gave you specific verbal & written directions to get to a drug store, and to your conference destination, as you had gotten so very lost on your way to the Inn. We had a lengthy & cheerful chat about your getting lost, and about gps systems! I personally greeted and served you in my kitchen uniform while cooking at breakfast in order to assure your speedy departure on Saturday morning. I greeted you again, later in the day, when I saw you, asking how you were enjoying your conference. I'm sorry you found my behavior unwelcoming and chilly.
I sincerely appologize for the drain issue not being addressed during your stay. It should have been resolved. I was not aware of it until another guest mentioned it to me, and it is now repaired. We always mention to guests about the step up at the bathroom threshold, and for them to mind their step. I'm sorry if we may not have pointed this out to you. It is understandable that with these issues you did not feel that you received good value during your stay. However, our records show that you did not pay a thousand dollars for your two night stay.While you stayed with us on a holiday weekend, during the high foliage season, our rate of $345 per night is comparable and in line with all the other bed and breakfasts in the area. When you next visit Asheville & stay elsewhere you will find this to be so.