“Wedding Weekend”
Review of Albemarle Inn

Albemarle Inn
Ranked #22 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here during our wedding weekend. We were strapped for time and the staff was great at making sure they didn't take up too much of it. The morning of the wedding I needed to get going earlier than they typically serve breakfast, They offered any early meal just for me. Staff was very kind and accommodating. House is adorable. Location is great (near the Grove Park Inn). The food was good (great fresh fruit). Our only criticism is that we stayed in one of the rooms on the top floor. The room was adorable but the ceiling in the bathroom was sloped and you couldn't really stand straight up without hitting your head. Of course, I am the one that selected that room, for a better value than the others. Otherwise, great experience!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

It was our first time staying a bed and breakfast, it was also our 32 Wedding Anniversary. I have to say that we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The three course breakfast was outstanding each day and really too much for us. Our bedroom was roomy and clean, I loved the shower. The owners were very helpful and directed us to a great restaurants. They surprised with Champagne and chocolate strawberries on our anniversary. We were treated liked royality. Thank you for making our vacation extra special.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Charming house in a great, quiet location. Easy to get to town and the Biltmore. We stayed in the Sunrise Suite. The room was generous and attractive, and the bed comfortable. The other furniture was impossibly uncomfortable to sit on. There were no breakfast options, and the portions were small. The afternoon 'tea' was minimalist at best. Our main complaint though was the impersonal and uncaring service. Dirty dishes left in our room after housekeeping. The owner never introduced herself. Next time we'll just stay at a standard hotel.

3  Thank jjs459
Albemarleinnkeepers, Owner at Albemarle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

We are sorry that you were disappointed in your stay at the Albemarle Inn. I remember trying to pleasantly greet you, mid-way through your stay, upon my return to the Inn from a trip away, when I was barked at about the dirty cups left in the room. I offered my most sincere apologies. But I was given no reply, just an angry, angry attitude. As there was no courtesy from you, I felt it best to no longer try to communicate with you. However, I had a pleasant conversation with your companion upon check-out. I introduced myself to her at this point. She and I discussed your bicycling plans for the day, I offered bottled water to her, as well as an invitation to return to the Inn after your bicycle ride to use the bathrooms if you wanted to shower or freshen up.
Again, we apologize that the housekeeper left dirty glasses in your room while cleaning it during your stay. We have given further instruction and training to our new housekeeping staff and have put in place additional inspection systems to assure that this never happens again in the future.
Thank you for informing us about the uncomfortableness of the Antique English chair & sofa set. Many other guests think the set is so very lovely in the room. We were not aware that it is uncomfortable. The adjoining sun porch is furnished with a cushioned wicker loveseat, and an upholstered wing-back chair. We hope you may have found some comfort there.
Regarding no breakfast options being offered- this is the customary manner of breakfast service at the majority of bed and breakfast inns throughout the world. One dish is served to all the guests. Only in hotels & very large Inns can you expect a menu with choices at breakfast. We alternate breakfast sweet and savory dishes each day. Our servers let the guests know what is being served each day. This gives the guest the opportunity to request something different if they cannot or do not want to to eat the meal. You were served a hearty Egg Dish on your first morning, and your second morning Entree was French Toast or Waffles, along with a fruit course before the Entree, and a cake after. We feel these are ample portioned meals. Most guests don't even eat lunch after such meals! We do not serve an afternoon tea. It seems you were expecting some sort of lavish high tea offering. Perhaps you confused us with another property, as other Inns in Asheville do serve complementary High Tea. Unlike at a hotel, we offer a complimentary wine and cheese hour. Our cheese trays are prepared in scale according to the number of guests in the Inn. As there were few guests in the Inn, during your midweek stay the cheese platter was not overabundant. Most guests feel we offer a very nice cheese platter.
We work very hard at offering a pleasant experience to all our guests here at the Albemarle Inn. However, if a guest presents themselves as angry and unpleasant, there is nothing in the world that we can do to help them.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Albemarle Inn is a charming B&B within minutes from downtown Asheville. The Inn is located in a residential area so it is very quiet and relaxing. My fiance and I stayed 2 nights in the room "Juliet's Chamber" and it was worth booking this room in advance. We had a private balcony that overlooked the manicured lawn and we spent both nights relaxing on the balcony. The owners Fabrizio and Rosemary could not have been nicer. We had restaurant tips and site seeing recommendations thanks to Kareth who is a member of their staff. Thank you Kareth. Breakfast every morning was delicious (the chef trained in Italy!!) and the daily happy hour beverages and snacks were so enjoyable. The Inn is within walking distance to Grove Park Inn and Fabrizio gave us the huge tip of walking to Grove Park for a drink, pictures and enjoying the sights but do not pay G.P.I's ridiculous parking fee. So glad that we didn't waste money staying at Grove Park Inn either. That entire place felt like a conference center. Thank you Fabrizio and Rosemary for welcoming us into your beautiful B&B!! We can't wait to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

This BnB is a great place to stay. Worth the money we paid by booking online. We stayed one night. It's located in quiet neighborhood at the top of the hill basically beside the entrance to the grove park. Less than 10 min to downtown asheville so very convenient. Place is clean and well appointed. Beds in our room were heavenly bed quality. Lots of character in the house and there is large veranda you can enjoy evening wine and cheese on. When we arrived, we mentioned to the hostess that we needed to run in the morning and she took it upon herself to look up a good route for us and hand drew us a map. Breakfast was delicious and prompt. You get a quick tour of the kitchen and your room that's just long enough to give you the information w/o taking up too much of your time. The only downside for me was that the bathroom was low ceilinged. I'm 6ft1in and had to lean over to take a shower and crouch to get the toilet. Wasn't a problem for one night but could pose a problem for longer stays. That was just a function of the house being old and the Inn trying to get a bathroom in every room (which didn't happen 100 years ago). Plus, this may not be an issue in other rooms. We stayed in _____ retreat (I can't remember the pianist's name that it was named after). I would readily stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank takenscreenname
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The Albemarle Inn is a bed and breakfast house on the edge of the town of Asheville in North Carolina. It is a stunningly beautiful property, but is also wonderfully well run. The public rooms and bedrooms are great, garden delightful, and it serves breakfasts to die for. Asheville is a great centre for touring and the Albemarle Inn a fantastic place to stay.

1  Thank Brian W
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Just a note to share with all of those that have ever stayed in the perfect B&B! Fabrizio greeted us at the door upon arrival with a smile and assisted us with our luggage to our room. My friend and I were just looking for an enjoyable weekend to see Asheville and all that is has to offer. Since we had a later than expected check in, Fabrizio gladly give us a brief tour of the Inn without disturbing other guests. Immediately we felt relaxed and welcomed!! We awoke the next morning to the sounds of birds chirping and the aroma of an inviting breakfast. Again, the breakfast was exceptional!!! Toured the Biltmore throughout the day and returned to the Inn greeted by Rosemary and Fabrizio. We enjoyed our conversation and a cup of tea before turning in for a comfortable sleep. There is not one thing a critic could complain about the hospitality of this ! Rosemary and Fabrizio.... Thank you, we will return!! Bravissimo!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Albemarleinnkeepers, Owner at Albemarle Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your kind & wonderful words about the Albemarle Inn! It is so rewarding to meet and have as guests such nice people as you ! We hope to see you again soon.