“Wonderful stay and hope to return again often!”
Review of Albemarle Inn

Albemarle Inn
Ranked #21 of 39 Asheville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 9, 2012

The Albemarle inn is a lovely place, in a lovely location, in the great mountain city of Asheville and offered all we needed and more for a great visit. It is convenient to reach all the wonderful Asheville restaurants and sites like the Biltmore House, and yet is in a nice residential area in a lovely, hilly part of the city. The owners and all the staff were warm and welcoming and seemed to go out of their way to make us feel both "at home" and "pampered." The manager, Sabrina, who greeted us was so very informative and friendly- and remained so throughout our visit- and the owner, Cathy, was so helpful and friendly when I made our reservations and we enjoyed meeting her and her husband as they served breakfast on our second morning there. The food at both the breakfasts and evening snacks was wonderful and we enjoyed the fact that we could sit at an individual table where we could -and did-visit with others, but also could easily converse just with each other also. Our first floor Oak Room was very clean, comfortable, and well decorated and had a big window looking out on the front porch and beautiful front lawn with all the blooming spring flowers and trees. I especially loved soaking in the old fashioned claw foot tub and realized how very comfortable they are to recline and relax in! We also appreciated the secluded, off street, and plentiful parking. The Inn is very close to the huge, historic Grove Park Inn Resort and we enjoyed walking up there (admittedly a bit of an up hill jaunt, however) through the lovely spring flowering trees in the "Proximity" neighborhood and taking in the view over the city and up to the surrounding mountains along the way,and especially, from up at that resort-with its huge, amazing rock faced Inn like the old National Park Lodges out west-but then being able to return to the much more personal, but equally lovely, Albemarle Inn down the road. We travel a lot and stay in many B and Bs and rental homes and this is one of the nicest that we have stayed in -and definitely our favorite in Asheville- and we found it very competitively priced also. We definitely plan to return, as we love Asheville and the Albemarle Inn.

Room Tip: We very much enjoyed the Oak Room on the first floor and it was very convenient for bringing luggage...

Reviewed April 2, 2012

My husband and I were fortunate enough to stay at the Albemarle Inn for an early anniversary trip. We were very pleased with the visit. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The breakfasts and evening snacks are delicious. They pay that little bit of extra attention (very soft sheets & towels, comfortable beds) that really makes a difference. They have made excellent use of their space -- this is a 100 year old home, so the rooms are not as large as those in a modern house, but they have made it work. We stayed in the Reynolds Room, which is on the 3rd floor. While the ceilings in the bathroom and walk-in closet are not for the tallest people, we certainly were comfortable for our stay. The inn is in a quiet residential area but still within very close proximity to all that downtown Asheville has to offer. The staff were very helpful with restaurant and activity suggestions. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: The floors do creak (again, this is a 100-year-old house), so the 3rd floor rooms are a little quiet...
Reviewed April 2, 2012

What a beautiful place. You feel welcomed from the moment you walk in the main room and when you get into your room you feel like it's always been your room. Beautiful people attend to all your needs. Your treated as if you've been their friend for years. We will definitly be back next time we're in Asheville.

Room Tip: Because of last minute changes on our arrival we stayed in two different rooms. The first night was...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you are on the fence about selecting the Albemarle Inn... Don't be. It is wonderful. It is close to downtown and not hard to find. When you enter the home, it is welcoming and very appealing to the senses. It is beautiful and doesn't have that "old home" smell. The staff was very warm and welcoming, but not obtrusive. I “peeked in” on the rooms that were not occupied and they were all very warm and hospitable. We stayed in Juliet’s Chamber and it was cozy, but not small. The sheets were soft and crisp and the bed very comfortable. I had to move the step up to the bed because I would have killed myself in the middle of the night (lol). The bathroom was charming, with the claw foot tub, however, if you are a larger size person, this is not the tub for you. It was claustrophobic to me so I can only imagine if I were larger or taller. I got used to it after the first shower, I just resorted to a bubble bath (poor me). Off of the bathroom, was a private balcony, with 2 chairs and a table. It was nice to have an outdoor area, without going to the public veranda. It is covered, just in case of rain and has a direct view of the lawn and garden.
I was afraid that I would be disappointed with the food because we were spoiled on our first B&B trip with a scrumptious breakfast. The taste, quality and portions of the food were spot on. Kudos to the chefs! Saturday evening I ventured down to the kitchen for a “pre-dinner” snack and again, I was not disappointed. The management team had a spread of fruit which included strawberries, kiwi fruit, and blueberries and pineapple (all ripe and delicious), along with olives, cheese and crackers and a little bite of caramelized onions in a pastry. I am not sure what they were called, but I could have eaten the whole tray… I am not a wine drinker, but they did offer it, along with soft drinks, juice, coffee and water.
I could not have been happier or more satisfied with the establishment and the owner and management team. I will certainly return when we are in Asheville again. Thanks so much to everyone at the Albemarle Inn for making our annual Anniversary trip so enjoyable.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

This was my first experience of a Bed and Breakfast Inn and I am hooked. The Inn is restored to perfection and with great detail. Each room is unique and decorated with antiques pieces that compliment the period the home was built. I found the staff warm, friendly and attentive to any need I had. The food is delicious and they made adjustments for my food allergies. The inn is tucked away in a quiet neighborhood and close to downtown Asheville. The owner Cathy was onsite each day and is very friendly. I cannot wait for my travels to bring me this way so I can stay here again! Thank you for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: I loved the Oak room and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2012

For my birthday, my wonderful husband bought me two tickets for me and my best friend to see The Celtic Woman in concert along with three nights at the Albemarle Inn. When I made the reservation for the Inn, I got the wrong night for the concert and needed an extra night's stay. They willingly accommodated us even though they had to move us to another room because ours was booked for that night. The concert was wonderful. The staff of the Inn was very friendly and helpful about places to eat and see. The breakfasts were amazing....something different every morning. I would HIGHLY recommend The Albemarle Inn to any of my friends!

Room Tip: For friends, the Garden room has two beds. Couples would enjoy the Blue Ridge Room with its king bed...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 11, 2012

The Albemarle Inn provided us with the finest stay we have ever experienced. The entire staff was warm and friendly and the owner, Cathy, made an appearance every day we were there .She was just lovely. The kitchen staff went out of their way to serve me gluten free food for the 5 days we were their guests and the breakfasts were delicious. The Inn was well kept and very clean. The Inn deserves 5 stars and more. We thank them for a wonderful visit.

Room Tip: All rooms are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family