Aberdeen Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$224
  • Restaurant
$88
Country Inn
$172
$157
Holiday Inn Express Asheville(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$89
$118
Holiday Inn-Asheville Biltmore West(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$93
$309
$278
Official Site
Renaissance Asheville Hotel(Asheville)(Great Value!)
$159
$144
Renaissance Hotels
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
$277
$219
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
All reviewsbed and breakfastwillow roomstuffed french toastb byogurtpleasant stayother gueststomporchaccommodationsclosetdowntownhallwayfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2010

My husband and I were looking for a cheap get-a-way that would be relaxing and fun. We found it in Asheville at the Aberdeen Inn. Tom and Michele were great. From the time we arrived they were amazingly helpful. Tom knows his local cuisine and you'll never go wrong with his suggestions. Plus, he's not shy about calling up a restaurant to see if they have what you are looking for. Michele suggested some shops downtown that were cute and trendy. They even provided us with books and magazines on local attractions. Even if they don't do it themselves (like hiking), they still had information for you to par-ruse.

We stayed in the Royal Aberdeen Cottage. It was exactly what we were looking for, quiet and private. I especially loved the satin sheets that were on our queen sized bed. It also has a frig which worked great for left overs and drinks. Someone previously mentioned wireless problems, well, Tom and Michele just got a new wireless router, so there are no more problems getting signal in the cottage.

On top of everything (accommodations, breakfast, complementary drinks) the Aberdeen is stocked with tons of movies for you to choose from. If you want to settle down one night with a good movie, they have a large variety.

Last and definitely not least is the breakfast. I can not say enough about the wonderful creations that were served to us each morning. Michele's baked goods are to die for and Tom's master pieces are out of this world. Never in my life have I had a better breakfast. It was like going to a 5 star restaurant just for breakfast. Plus, someone else had it right, if you eat it all, you will not need lunch. We just had light snacks and were fine until dinner.

We will definitely be staying at the Aberdeen Inn again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2009

My wife and I stayed with Tom & Michelle for 6 nights, we had a wonderful time. When we arrived we were made so welcome, our room was beautifully decorated and very large with a most comfortable bed, most important. At the end of a long day walking it was great to come back to the Inn and sit on the porch with a glass of wine or beer supplied by our hosts and chat to other guests it was a lovely enviromemt.
Breakfast was a sight to behold, Tom being a trained chef produced various breakfasts for us, beautifully prepared and presented and Michelle's home made bread & flans ect was also an experience I would'nt have missed.
The location of the Inn is excellent, in fact my wife & I walked into town all the time.
If we are ever so lucky to go back to this part of the world we would most certainly stay at the Aberdeen Inn.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 17, 2009

My husband, 5 month baby and I recently stayed in the cottage for two nights. I found that their prices are really good compared to some of the other alternatives. Overall we were pleased with our stay and had a good time.

The first day we arrived, we checked in. It went smoothly and the cottage was very cute and nicely done. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom could use some updating but it wasn't bad at all. We couldn't get internet access at the cottage due to a recent storm which was a little annoying because we had to go back to the main house to order take out for dinner (we stayed in because of the baby).

Tom, the owner provides Biltmore tickets and a very nice discount so definitely buy tickets from him if you are going there.

The breakfasts were good; Tom definitely makes a good effort to provide something different. The first day we started with a yogurt and fruit parfait followed w/ two types of homemade toast, omelet and ham steak. The second day, we had the yogurt and fruit parfait again followed by a baked french toast w/ banana sauce and homemade turkey sausage. There are open bottles of wine, beer and soda that you can help yourself to and a living room w/ lots of magazines and some books. The porch is nice and spacious.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank poisondartfrog1
Reviewed May 2, 2009

My spouse and I recently stayed two nights at the Aberdeen Inn for the first time. Our reason for the stay in Asheville was to tour and explore the Biltmore Estate as it has been on our "bucket list" for awhile now. What an AMAZING and BEAUTIFUL place!

I have a few good comments and a few negatives about the Aberdeen Inn. I must say that our initial reaction was less than expected when we found the Aberdeen Inn. The neighbourhood wasn't the best although very quiet. Fortunately the Inn was one of the best looking in the immediate vicinity and perched on a high hill. The driveway was a bit tricky to navigate up as it makes a sharp turn right next to the house and you cannot see whether you are going to hit the house or not then you pull through this carport affair and into the parking lot heading back down the hill.

We really enjoyed the big front verandah with lots of comfortable outside furniture such as wicker sofas and rocking chairs. It was very enjoyable to sit and relax here with a cold drink. The frig is fully stocked and complimentary for guests which was a very nice amenity that most B&B's do not offer.

The house itself was very big but a bit cluttered as another poster mentioned. It did not make a favourable impression to walk through the front door and immediately see the office area - computer, papers, clutter set up at the foot of the open stairway and right in front of you as you entered the home. This took away from the overall decor of the home.

Our bedroom was very nice and furnished with a big, comfortable king bed, and antique furniture. This was the Mountainview room. We were not very happy with the dirty windows though so our mountain view could have been nicer if the windows were clean. The screens were not fitting properly with a big gap to the outside. Only one window opened and the rest were painted shut. I would definitely be rectifying this if I were the owner. The bathroom was private and adequate but small. The sink was teeny tiny and you had to be careful that you didn't splash water everywhere. The shower was nice.

I did really enjoy the peace and quiet at night. But another drawback to the room was that the window blinds were white and did not filter out the light. Since the windows faced east, the light was very bright in the morning. I would have put drapes across so that you could draw them at night to darken the room.

The hi-speed internet did not seem to work from our room but when I took my laptop to the livingroom, I was able to connect OK.

The breakfasts were delicious as Tom is a Master Chef by trade. So needless to say his breakfasts were so good and very filling. The eating area was very charming and pretty with tables and chairs set up along a large group of windows. Tom was a very nice host and very helpful and friendly.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shar0nOntari0
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband, a long time friend and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the Aberdeen.
Being an innkeeper myself for 3+ years, this trips was the first time I've staying at a B&B as a B&B owner. I was particularly looking forward to breakfast made by someone other than myself. Tom and Michele are skillful, creative chefs, and the food was fresh, creative, and delicious. Unique sauces and delectable pastries, home made jams, and Tom's signature fruit salad was a treat for someone else who gets up at 6:00 a.m. to make vacationers drool. And drool we did. Dinner suggestions were helpful. House was beautiful inside and outside. The furniture and oriental rugs are "art works" thesmelves. Michele's gardening the day we arrived had me out buying my herbs and annuals the day I arrrived home. I hope to bring our daughter back for a mother/daughter holiday.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple