“A B&B with personality plus!”
Review of Aberdeen Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Aberdeen Inn
Ranked #29 of 38 Asheville B&B and Inns
Narvon, PA
“A B&B with personality plus!”
Reviewed May 1, 2009

My husband, a long time friend and I thoroughly enjoyed everything about the Aberdeen.
Being an innkeeper myself for 3+ years, this trips was the first time I've staying at a B&B as a B&B owner. I was particularly looking forward to breakfast made by someone other than myself. Tom and Michele are skillful, creative chefs, and the food was fresh, creative, and delicious. Unique sauces and delectable pastries, home made jams, and Tom's signature fruit salad was a treat for someone else who gets up at 6:00 a.m. to make vacationers drool. And drool we did. Dinner suggestions were helpful. House was beautiful inside and outside. The furniture and oriental rugs are "art works" thesmelves. Michele's gardening the day we arrived had me out buying my herbs and annuals the day I arrrived home. I hope to bring our daughter back for a mother/daughter holiday.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
The South
Reviewed March 30, 2009

The Aberdeen Inn felt like a European B&B. Tom and Michele made sure I was comfortable and their breakfast was INCREDIBLE! They accommodated my last minute change of plans and stayed up past their bedtime to make sure that my schedule was going to work for breakfast. I truly felt like I was staying with family. If you are looking for an impersonal Mega-Hotel and so-so food go someplace else. If you are looking for amazing food with a cozy B&B atmosphere then the Aberdeen Inn is the place to go!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Innkeepers Tom and Michele want their guests to feel at home. They are welcoming and friendly, quick with a beverage and great recommendations. The Aberdeen isn't likely to get a spread in "Inn Beautiful" (if there is such a magazine), but it's clean and comfy enough, well located and very homey. Breakfast is clearly a point of pride and rightly so. Tom is a chef and likes to offer something special (this isn't just eggs and toast!). Clean your plate and you won't need lunch. At $50 less a night than other Asheville B&Bs, Aberdeen is a solid choice.

Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Newton, MA
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We spent 3 days in Asheville at the Aberdeen Inn in their suite (a small 2 room cottage behind the main house). The Inn is well located and the rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques. But the highlight for us were the outstanding breakfasts. Tom Boyle is a master chef and worked for many years as a chef in private industry. He created delicious, hot breakfasts each morning after carefully consulting with each guest about their food preferences. Michele, his wife, is the baker in the family and breakfast also included her creations. Both Tom and Michele were very helpful in answering any questions we had about Asheville and helped make our stay a very enjoyable oe.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
Boston, MA
Reviewed June 24, 2008

The Aberdeen Inn is under new ownership. Bob and his wife have been there for a little over a year and the effort they are putting in is very clear. My fiancee and I were arriving late to Asheville and needed an inn. I called the Aberdeen at 5 that evening and they were able to accommodate us for 9 pm the same night, a huge relief! When we arrived, there was wine and beer for us. Bob gave us directions to the best barbecue available. When he found out that my fiancee had to leave at 5 am the next morning, he also made sure to get up to make us fresh coffee and a yogurt parfait. At 5 in the morning! He even generously offered to drive him to the airport. When I returned, there was a gourmet pancake breakfast and a nice chat with Bob about the renovations he's done. The effort really shows in this inn. When I left, Bob gave me a hug and I felt like family. I really can't say enough for the hospitality at the Aberdeen Inn. I recommend it highly!!

• Liked — Friendliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
DFW
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Some of the reviews on here are from before the new owners Michelle and Tom took over. We had a very pleasant week long stay for our honeymoon. Tom and Michelle were very hospitable and accommodating. The breakfasts are amazing!! Tom is an exceptional chef! The rooms are cozy and cute, it felt like home, but with a five star chef included. The price is very reasonable for being so close to downtown.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Neighborhood looked a little run down, but we had no problems.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
rock hill, sc
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We stayed here for one night and booked only a couple of days in advance. We had no trouble finding the place and we did not think that the neighborhood was bad, just established. The Inn was a little dated in some respects and a little cluttered, I would agree with that. However, the rates that the Aberdeen charges coupled with the proximity to downtown Asheville and the absolutely phenomenal breakfast make this a wonderful value. Our rate was below what most standard hotels were charging for the weekend. Don't book the Aberdeen if you expect the Grove Park Inn. I recommend the Willow Room!

• Liked — Comfortable Bed, Close to Downtown, Fantastic Breakfast!
  • Disliked — old carpets/rugs
  • Tips/Secrets — The Willow Room is the most recently renovated & is next to the hot tub
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple