Aberdeen Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Omni Grove Park Inn(Asheville)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbed and breakfastwillow roomstuffed french toastb byogurtpleasant stayother gueststomporchaccommodationsclosetdowntownhallwayfireplace
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 11, 2008

We spent 3 days in Asheville at the Aberdeen Inn in their suite (a small 2 room cottage behind the main house). The Inn is well located and the rooms are tastefully decorated with antiques. But the highlight for us were the outstanding breakfasts. Tom Boyle is a master chef and worked for many years as a chef in private industry. He created delicious, hot breakfasts each morning after carefully consulting with each guest about their food preferences. Michele, his wife, is the baker in the family and breakfast also included her creations. Both Tom and Michele were very helpful in answering any questions we had about Asheville and helped make our stay a very enjoyable oe.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2008

The Aberdeen Inn is under new ownership. Bob and his wife have been there for a little over a year and the effort they are putting in is very clear. My fiancee and I were arriving late to Asheville and needed an inn. I called the Aberdeen at 5 that evening and they were able to accommodate us for 9 pm the same night, a huge relief! When we arrived, there was wine and beer for us. Bob gave us directions to the best barbecue available. When he found out that my fiancee had to leave at 5 am the next morning, he also made sure to get up to make us fresh coffee and a yogurt parfait. At 5 in the morning! He even generously offered to drive him to the airport. When I returned, there was a gourmet pancake breakfast and a nice chat with Bob about the renovations he's done. The effort really shows in this inn. When I left, Bob gave me a hug and I felt like family. I really can't say enough for the hospitality at the Aberdeen Inn. I recommend it highly!!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2008

Some of the reviews on here are from before the new owners Michelle and Tom took over. We had a very pleasant week long stay for our honeymoon. Tom and Michelle were very hospitable and accommodating. The breakfasts are amazing!! Tom is an exceptional chef! The rooms are cozy and cute, it felt like home, but with a five star chef included. The price is very reasonable for being so close to downtown.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2006

We stayed here for one night and booked only a couple of days in advance. We had no trouble finding the place and we did not think that the neighborhood was bad, just established. The Inn was a little dated in some respects and a little cluttered, I would agree with that. However, the rates that the Aberdeen charges coupled with the proximity to downtown Asheville and the absolutely phenomenal breakfast make this a wonderful value. Our rate was below what most standard hotels were charging for the weekend. Don't book the Aberdeen if you expect the Grove Park Inn. I recommend the Willow Room!

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2006

Tranquil, peaceful, the Aberdeen Inn was just what my spouse and I were looking for in weekend retreat. Frequent visitors to Asheville and the surrounding area, on this trip we wanted a quiet get-a-way for the Easter holiday with convenient access to downtown, and we truly discovered it here.

While we had read other’s reviews regarding their experiences at the Aberdeen prior to our visit, we let our own experience unfold without preconceptions. We reserved the “Foxglove” room and found both the room and the bed itself to be extremely comfortable, as was the Inn as a whole. Early risers, we took advantage of the beautiful weather that weekend to enjoy watching the sunrise come over the mountains while sipping coffee on the front porch.

During our stay, the only animal we encountered on the grounds (other than squirrels and goldfish) was an affectionate neighborhood cat missing its tail, whom we naturally dubbed “Bob.” The surrounding neighborhood itself was surprisingly quiet, both day and night, with zero foot traffic. We never felt ill-at-ease regarding our safety or the overall safety of the neighborhood.

Bonnie is a wonderful chef (the breakfasts were exquisite) and hostess and we truly felt at home there, almost as though we were visiting family. We found the Aberdeen Inn to be safe, relaxed and non-pretentious. My wife and I intend to return to the Inn in the fall and would recommend it to our family and friends without hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2006