“Good stuff”
Review of Chorizo - CLOSED

Chorizo
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Central American, Mexican, Caribbean, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Durham, NC
“Good stuff”
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Had brunch here on Saturday over Labor Day weekend and it was great! We waited about 30 minutes for a table, but it was worth the wait. I had the huevos rancheros and my husband had the chile relleno special. Both were delicious, fresh and more than enough to eat! Our service was fine, but nothing spectacular. The outdoor seating is nice and the menu options seemed endless. I could come here again and again and always want to try something new, but probably always love the things I'd tried before. If we lived in town, this would be a reliable favorite, I'm sure.

Raleigh, NC
“Don't Miss Chorizo”
Reviewed September 1, 2009

Chorizo has gourmet Latin food which is different from any I've had before (and having lived in the Caribbean and South Florida I've had a lot of Latin food.) I had one of the best meals of my lifetime here- a dish called Tripleta which has slices of beef, lamb and chicken done to perfection on top of black beans (ah but not the usual black beans) and served with delicious coconut flavored white rice and a salad. The sauce was delicious and the whole presentation was impeccable. The dish was plenty big enough for two and a great value at about $16.00. Their ceviche ($MP)was equally unusual and excellent and if you order the guacamole($9) they will bring a large bowl to your table and make it there. The ceviche was enough for two and the guacamole enough for four. I will never miss this place if back in Asheville again!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Had beef fajita. Beef was fantastic, rest was fairly standard.”
Reviewed August 25, 2009

I'm not a great beef eater, but ordered the beef fajita for some reason and wasn't disappointed. The beef was great. It came with the standard sides.

Asheville, NC
“Come Hungry ... You'll Leave Happy!”
Reviewed June 24, 2009

Chorizo is one of Hector Diaz's restaurants ... one of Asheville's best chefs. He has a fascinating menu of Latin-inspired cuisine. I went there yesterday and had his Cuban crepes ... perfectly cooked pulled pork with manchego cheese and pickled. It came filled with sides like refriend beans, guacamole, and salad. And it's right in downtown Asheville so you can walk it off browsing through the stores. And they have one of the best brunches in town!

Chicago, Illinois
“A Very Different Mexican Experience”
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We were walking around the Grove Arcade and just happened to stumble across Chorizo. We checked out the menu and kept on walking, thinking that we would find a better choice for dinner. After walking around for about 15 minutes, we went back to Chorizo and we are so glad we did. The service was just so-so, but the food was excellent. I would have given the restaurant 5 stars, but they were out of a key ingredient(pork and tofu) in each of the entrees we ordered.

The food is not your typical mexican fare and that is what makes this place so good. Everything looked good and you can't go wrong with whatever you choose. Stop by Chorizo and you won't be disappointed.