“Great Latin Food!”

Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Asheville, North Carolina
“Great Latin Food!”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great menu with a broad range of Latin and South American dishes. The restaurant offers sidewalk dining at the famous Grove Arcade

Raleigh, North Carolina
“So So”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went here this past weekend when visiting Asheville. The service we had was horrible. The waitress took a very long time to come greet us and take our order. She messed up my order but not my boyfriends. She didn't come to refill our drinks till be were done with our meals and never asked us if we needed anything else. However, the food was good! You could tell they use fresh ingredients and spices in their cooking and the portions were great, we ended up leaving full but disappointed in the service.

1 Thank Bfinger89
Woodstock, Vermont
“Great food, Horrible service”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We really like Hector's restaurants. Yesterday we had planned to go the the Early Girl Eatery, another nearby restaurant for breakfast. There was over a half hour wait. So we decided to walk to Chorizo. No wait, only a few tables occupied. As usual, the food was wonderful (which I would rate 4-5) but the service was so,so horrible. And, as I mentioned, it wasn't busy. We had to flag someone down for coffee refills and practically beg to get change from the check (the waitress reset a table, took the order from a newly-seated large table while my wife stood at our table waiting for change.). So the Early Girl was busy and Chorizo wasn't. Both have great food and are close (and the parking for Chorizo is easier). Reason? I would say it's the service (and this is not the first time we've felt this way). P.S. We are both ex-servers so we understand the workings of a restaurant and have a soft spot for servers.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Vermont1949
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Service was the highlight”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

We chose Chorizo over its sister restaurant a few blocks away because we'd heard it was slightly less casual, still good food. The flavors were interesting and the dishes unique, but it just felt like we wee closing the place down- and it was only 8pm on Thurs. Our server was great. It was fine- just didn't knock our socks off like other Asheville dining does.

• Visited February 2014
Asheville, North Carolina
“AWESOME!”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We went to brunch after finding all the other places we wanted to go to full. SO glad we went to Chorizo! Our server was excellent, and sassy in a good way. He made homemade chocolate milk for my son.The brunch was so darn good. I had no idea this existed. I had the skirt steak with eggs and other yummy stuff in some kind of FANTASTIC sauce. I wish I knew how to make this sauce.Also the Bloody Mary was unbelievable. Very different than normal, but so so good. The waiter said it was spicy, but really I would say flavorful. Loved the art on the walls.
You must go. I'd say forget Tupelo Honey for brunch, go here instead. The flavors are worth it!

• Visited December 2013