“Fun and flavorful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Chorizo

Chorizo
Ranked #108 of 775 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Central American, Mexican, Spanish, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Fun and flavorful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

We stopped in Asheville for a driving break on our way to Charleston, and Chorizo was one of the reasons we were glad we did! We had a delightful meal here. The atmosphere is definitely funky, with very unusual murals on the walls. The food is so interesting and truly delicious. I definitely don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu.

Lake City, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

We ate at Chorizo after reading all the good reviews, however we were disappointed by the food, we ordered 4 different plates and only 1 was close to what was outlined in the menu. The mofongo was made with sweet plantains and cinnamon (unheard of).. Food was pricy.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
North Carolina
“Awesome!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to Asheville for the Mountain Oasis festival. I found Chorizo on Tripadvisor and noted that it sounded like a good place to eat. We ate there for Saturday brunch. I had the Cuban Crepe and my boyfriend had some lamb dish. We were both extremely satisfied. We were seated immediately, the service was great and the prices were very reasonable. Excellent Latin food!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Kingsport, TN.
“Stopped in for appetizers.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

......on a beautiful fall early evening. We had seen this place several times, but it was usually packed and this being a weekday, not so much so we gave it a try and weren't disappointed. They have a menu with a lot of great sounding selections (including a paella), but we opted for the chicken nachos and an order of layered bean dip. It sounds pretty standard until you realize the food is local and fresh. Both dishes were spot on and I HIGHLY recommend trying the house made chipotle hot sauce. I was hoping they sold it by the bottle, but no such luck. Several Mexican beers are available as well as wine and other drinks, and the outdoor seating makes for great people (and dog) watching. We will definitely eat here again.

“Great Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

My wife and I had dinner here prior to attending music events in Asheville on Sunday. I loved the atmosphere. The menu was a little over-whelming as there seemed to be too many choices that sounded very good. Our server made wonderful recommendations and both my wife and I were very happy with our selections. I felt the food had excellent flavor without being overly spicy. I will definitely be coming back on my next trip to Asheville.