“Different kind of cusine”
Review of Chorizo - CLOSED

Chorizo
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Puerto Rican
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Well, for starters, it's a little on the pricey side. That being said, it's pretty tasty. We ordered the beef empanadas plate that came with rice, beans, and eggs. We only got the empanadas and some guacamole (which was amazing!). I ordered the pancake plate with the flank steak with no eggs, they brought me huevos rancheros, no pancakes, and a whole lot of eggs. The flank steak was delicious. No syrup for my pancakes, but that's okay because they gave me some fruit melody with fresh whipped cream. After messing up both of our orders, they gave us a 50% discount which made all the order messing up totally worth it because we got to eat some food that was different from your traditional Mexican style. And the coffee is great too!

There are newer reviews for Chorizo

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We first tasted Chorizo as part of the Asheville Food Tour. It was so good we went back to have dinner. My mom got the Simple salad with chicken on top and said it was the best salad she'd ever had. Husband had a pulled beef plate that was great and daughter and I both had the coffee pulled pork which was a Los good. I think the best thing on most of our plates was the guacamole side. What a kick!
Pros: Flavor, flavor, flavor!!!! Great staff.
Cons: we sat inside near the front and the bar/kitchen area was stupid noisy and took away from the atmosphere. Sit outside, you'll enjoy it much, much more.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

I wasn't sure by location and the looks of the outside but you can't tell a book by its cover! The food was awesome! The best salsa I ever tasted! Service is in need of professionalism and basic waitress skills. If you don't mind counter type service, its worth suffer service for the food.

1  Thank mps7777777
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We ate at Chorizo's and had a seafood paella that was excellent - the dish was large enough that my wife and I shared it. The guacamole - prepared table side was also a nice touch. The restaurant is fairly small but sits on the street with street side tables and has a nice atmosphere. Service was not the best but I would go back

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Nice place sat outside menu has Latin items that looked interesting. I should have given more thought about how spicy some of the items might be. We had the ceviche which was very good until the heat kicked in than it was just too damn hot. Waitress offered to take it off the bill as she was surprised by the heat but I added mucho sugar and ate it. Our main courses were good but same thing I must of eaten a hot pepper and thought my mouth was going to explode. Next time I will ask about heat.