“Good location but right by NOISEY interstate.”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed January 11, 2010

We stayed here for 2 days. Didn't have reservations but that was ok. The girl that checked us in wasn't very friendly. Another girl later on was. We got a room on the ground level on the left side of the hall way. Which, we learned that night was not a good choice. That was the side where the NOISEY interstate was. So, if you book go pick your room away from that side of the hotel! The noise kept me up all night long. It was so loud! Then our toilet ran all night and when we took showers the water clogged up in the tub and we stood in water while showering. It was a nice King bed, nice tv, & clean. When we checked out we told them about the clogged drain and they gave us $20 off. So, that was nice. I would stay there again but change rooms!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 29, 2009

Hotel nicely appointed but on the first night we were on the highway side. Very Noisy! Did not get much sleep and the room next door had barking dogs.
The next morning asked to move to the other side of the hotel which they did accommodate us on. Much Quieter. At the Chop House Grill, Mike the artender was Great! The food was average for the high prices. The Complimentary coffee was good in the morning.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This hotel is in a great location in downtown Asheville, NC. You will find yourself within walking distance to the heart of the city. We had a rather unfortunate experiene at this hotel and will not stay here again or any Starwood Hotel for that matter. My wife and I traveled with our small dog and booked an online reservation through AAA.com. The site said that this was a pet friendly hotel and did not indicate a fee. On the morning of our departure we were informed of the $75.00 cleaning fee that we were responsible for because of our dog. We argued this fee with local management which fell on deaf ears.

The hotel itself is near a major interstate and can be noisy at times.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joshua S
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Firstly, I travel often. Four Points by Sheraton is the entry level for Starwood, and this is only the third one I have visited. I want to mention the only negative thing first: the door locks to the room are rather low rent and noisy. Yes, that is it.

What I liked: SUSAN at the front desk. She absolutely must transfer to the aloft Hotel when it opens!!! She was one of the most professional hotel employees I have seen in ages. Look up my posts, I stay in many hotels (usually 4 star), and she's good with advice on things to do in Asheville, etc. Moving on to other good things: Chop House restaurant in the hotel, the rooms show their recent renovation in a great way, and the beds were really comfortable.

Overall, this hotel is best suited for families, couples, and business travelers. It is nice and quiet, which would make a group of friends out of place...hence the reason I probably won't stay here when I come into town with friends ;)

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This was a very lovely hotel with delightful staff. The morning paper was a happy surprise. The location was perfect and afforded us with the ability to tromp all over downtown Asheville on foot.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2009

The wife and I stayed here for two nights while in town for a short vacation. I had stayed in this hotel 12 years ago when it was a Best Western and had positive memories. The nightly rate was more than I usually spend but the location was within walking distance of downtown. Problems: the bed sagged badly in the middle and it squeaked/clanked whenever one of us moved. It was the worst hotel bed I've experienced. Our room faced the Interstate and traffic noise was very bothersome, especially large trucks jake braking. Other people were very noisy, talking loudly and slamming doors most of the night with no consideration for other guests. The hallway reeked of pot smoke. The room itself was very clean but small. In all, it would be an acceptable place for much less money but it wasn't worth anything close to $175/night. I did mention the bed when they asked me on checkout how our stay had been, and they took off $25. I should have asked for more. For the same price you can stay at the Crown Plaza across the bridge and have a much better experience.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mstoffan
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Stayed here with my wife for our anniversary. Used Starwood points @ 7000/night. It's a decent hotel. Location is great for any type of downtown activity and your really not that far from the Biltmore and other tourist type places. I think 7000 points a night is a little steep for this type of hotel considering we stayed at the Westin in downtown Atlanta on the 62nd floor for 7000/night. But hotel rooms cost a lot more in Asheville for some reason. There was nothing really special or unique about this place. It's just a building in the middle of downtown Asheville next to the interstate. The room was clean and everything worked. The bed was comfortable, but the pillow (yes singular) SUCKED! I had to fold it over three times. It was literally flat. The restuarant in the hotel is expensive, but i won't say overpriced since i didn't try it. I didn't have any experiences with the staff, but they looked pissed off. Just my read. It has an outdoor pool that's only open during the summer, but it looks nice. So far i've liked all of Starwood's properties, but this is the first one i'm kinda dissapointed in. It's an OK hotel, but 7000/night is a joke.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple