All reviewschop housegreat locationwithin walking distancefront desk staffan older hotelbed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwaythe room was nicefitness centerdowntownymcabreweriesshampoorenaissancerefrigeratorbiltmore
Reviewed October 12, 2008

A weekend trip away: mother (62) and daughter (33). Will try to offer you the pros and cons: Pros: 1. very friendly staff (Ben was very helpful throughout our stay). 2. new renovations (i.e. linens, tv, etc) 3. very easy to regulate temperature in room 4. great location for walking to downtown (4-5 minutes to all of the great restaurants and shopping) 5. our room was very clean. Cons: 1. the doors are loud twhen they close and appear a bit thin (howevver, there were two wedding parties while we were there and we did not have any problem with noise. 2. it is located beside hwy 240 but this is both a pro and con.. maybe a bit noisy but also easy access to the interstate. As far as price goes, I own with Starwood so I used my Starwood points. However, it is all relative to the time you are traveling. I would not want to pay 200.00 a night to stay here but you have to realize that it is currently the fall season and anywhere is going to be higher than the average price. I priced the Biltmore inn at I think 450.00 a night and the grove park for a simalar price. During an off season stay, I think that it would be a fair price would be around 120.00 a night. Be sure and stop by the Tupelo Honey Cafe for a laid back but great breakfast and brunch. FYI: try to plan to go at off hours because it stays busy! hope you find this info helpful

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank specialk1974
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Very cute rooms, clean, with updated decor. The location is fabulous, within walking distance from downtown. However...
1. We had specifically requested a quiet room, AWAY FROM THE VENDING AND ICE MACHINES, AND STAIRWELL - this was our specific request when we made our reservation, and we were assured that the request would be met. When we arrived, we were dismayed to find that our room was directly opposite the vending/ice machines and stairwell - EXACTLY where we had requested NOT to be roomed. It was SO noisy(!) all night long. When we brought this to the desk clerk's attention, we were casually dismissed without any explanation. Throughout the night our sleep was very disrupted, d/t a wedding party staying on the same floor, and lots of noise outside our room in particular, d/t stairs/vending/ice machines 4ft from our door. When we brought it to the manager's attn in the morning when we checked out, we were given a discount on our stay, which was acceptable, however we were EXHAUSTED by that point, from all the noise during the night.
2. The room doors are very poorly insulated for noise. We heard EVERYTHING going on outside in the hallway, including other room doors opening/closing down the hall. It was very disruptive. The hotel rooms are nicely renovated, w/ flat screen TV's etc., however they should really also invest in more sound-proof doors.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank aicaramba7
Reviewed September 3, 2008

The guest services manager was extremely unprofessional. Very rude and complained to us several times about our dog. Not a pet friendly hotel as they state.
We had a wedding room block of about 20 room nights and they were very rude to all of us. I don't take it personal, I just think they are that way to everyone. They closed the pool over Labor Day weekend and we were told that we could go to the YMCA down the street. The Chop house had excellent food but the service was so slow and actually on the horrible side as well. The rooms were very cute but had a very musty smell. We had so many problems, I asked to speak to the general manager and all she said was I'm sorry that you feel that way. This hotel would be my last resort even if it's in a great location.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank RCMoore0821
Reviewed August 17, 2008

When we checked in at 3:30 they could not find our prepaid expedia reservation and told us to use the pc in business center to contact expedia. 30 minutes later the manager came aroudn the corner while i was still on the phone with expedia in india I presume and said they found it under my husband's first name. The manager gave us Chop House breakfast vouchers as compensation because they had no king beds left. Wonderful. Got to the room and found ONE bath towel and it was damp. The A/C made so much noise neither of us slept well and after waiting at the Chop House for someone to seat us for 5+ minutes when there was no one in front of us, we sat down and had zero wait service so we helped ourselves to the buffet and coffee then handed the coupons to one of the servers on our way out since not one server had spoken to us the entire 30 minutes we were sitting there having breakfast. I was SO glad we had not gone there for an expensive dinner and been subject to that BS. I wish I would have spent the extra $30 and stayed across teh street at the Renaissance and I will never use Expedia again either, so much for their reservation guarantee...30 minutes after check in officially starts all the kings are gone? give me a break

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2008

I stayed at the Four Points for a business trip and was pleasantly suprised. It had recently been updated with very nice furnishings, carpet, bed linens, and flat screen tv. We wanted something within walking distance to restaurants and shops and this fit the bill perfectly. It is right across the street from the Renaissance which, at this point, is the only other downtown option. We saved close to $100 a night by choosing Four Points over the Renaissance. Definately recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business