“Nice hotel, great staff, but Housekeeping will wake you up!!!”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I would love to give this stay a 4 or even 5 star review, and would accept for one thing. The location is excellent, the rooms are nice and modern, the desk staff professional and helpful, but there was an unstoppable housekeeping knock at 10am followed by a loud housekeeping party in the hall! Mind you, 10am is not super early but if you worked late and you're facing a 360 mile drive the next day, that last hour of sleep is precious. And yes, I put the sign out. The housekeeper even argued that my room had a 10am checkout (We'd booked all 6 rooms in this part of the hallway for noon checkout).

Room Tip: The ice machine is loud.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2014

Thank you so much for the kind words. I appreciate the honesty, and will have you know, we are working very closely with the staff on this. It is very concerning when we were so successful in the beginning. I would defiantly love to have you all back again, and if this is an option, please contact us on the property level. I believe we can have a complete success with your next stay, if given the opportunity. Again, thank you so much, and have a wonderful day.

Four Points-Asheville Downtown
Management and Staff

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This was my second stay here at Four Points Asheville, the first time being a year ago. This visit I was on the third floor in a recently updated room. This is a very old building, and that limits the "fancy factor". If you're looking for high end accommodations look elsewhere, but the management seems to be making big efforts to bring some nice upgrades to the property. The fresh carpet, flat screen tvs, and new facelift gave the room a nice look/feel.

I'm a flight attendant and spend 3-4 nights a week in hotels throughout this country, and if there's one thing I'm picky about it's the bed. What these beds lack in the "ahhhhhhh" factor, they make up for in comfy pillows. The beds in and of themselves are not UNcomfortable, they're just nothing spectacular. I think they'd do well to upgrade to two Queens (or even one) instead of doubles. Doubles tend to be a bit shorter feeling, and if you're sharing the bed, the comfort level is dramatically reduced.

We ate dinner at the on site Chop House, and the steaks were EXCELLANT! Dennis the restaurant manager was stellar, and our waitress was attentive, professional, and provided a great dining experience for our party of three.

The front desk staff that we interacted with during our 3 night/four day stay were all friendly, helpful, and professional. Always acknowledged you when coming or going, and always with a smile. I have to give a nod to the training they've received.

You have access to the GIGANTIC YMCA complex right next door if you're a guest, which blows away any regular hotel gym/workout room facility of any other hotel I've ever stayed in. This amenity, plus free parking, on site restaurant, free wifi, DOWNTOWN LOCATION, pet friendly, helpful staff and pleasant clientele make this a 4 star for the price. You're not going to find a better value in downtown Asheville!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CaribbeanJunkee

Thank you so much for your very kind and honest words. It is an absolute joy when our guests recognize our efforts. We do strive to make things as uncomplicated and comfortable as possible while you are with us. We are delighted that we could do this for you and can't wait to have you back. I hope things are going well and that you have a wonderful day.

Four Points- Asheville Downtown
Management and Staff

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Small room near loudest ice maker ever. Unbelievable noise off and on every 5-10 mins until after midnight. Then plumbing noise for 10-20 minutes at 1:00am. No help from staff. Maids knock on door early for cleaning ... waking us up. No upgrade for SPG Platinum status...seemed to be downgrade. Uninterested staff. Needs refurb too.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank SkipBurke
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed a good opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff and use your feedback as a learning opportunity. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with the convenient, stress-free and satisfied service that will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was confused when my iPhone map said that we had arrived at the "Best Western". Then I saw the property. Clearly this was a recently refurbished motel. The rooms are updated, but overall this hotel is not up to Four Points standards. Worse yet, the rates are on par with the "Aloft", also a SPG property, just down the road. I've stayed at MUCH nicer Four Points for less money.

The negatives are simple: Tiny bathroom, stained carpet, ancient doors which do not protect from sound. There are a few positives: Comfy beds, updated furniture, great staff.

If you book this as a value-oriented property, then you'll be satisfied. For a few bucks more, I would consider other properties in town. I will likely not return to this property.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AMPfromBNA

Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that the hotel was not up to standard in your opinion. It is true that we are an older property and it has been a slow process getting things updated. However, we are fighting the good fight in trying to get it to its potential. I do appreciate the kind words about the staff. I believe they are our saving grace. It is never good to hear negative things about our hotel, but it is nice when proper recognition is given where deserved.
Thank you again and good luck on your travels in the future.

Best Regards,

Four Points-Asheville Downtown

Reviewed April 2, 2014

For the second straight year my family stayed in two rooms at this hotel while in Asheville for a basketball tournament and for the second straight year found our rooms and the overall facility to be lacking. The rooms are small. Ours did not include a refrigerator or a microwave. The light in the bathroom didn't work right...only one of the two bulbs would light and then that one only flickered. We had someone from maintenance come and supposedly fix it the first day, and then the second morning it stopped working altogether and we had to move to another room. I want to be very clear about this: the staff - all of them that we spoke with during our stay - couldn't have been nicer or tried to be more helpful. It is just that the building is old and severely in need of renovation. This is not the kind of Sheraton Four Points I have become accustomed to through other stays with them. No free breakfast either. IMO, they either need to fix this place or sell it off to some low end hotel chain. The location is great for downtown endeavors, but for the price this is not a nice hotel. It is an old hotel that they are barely holding together with bailing wire and duct tape.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rockingus

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was looking for a reasonably priced room close to everything downtown with handy/free parking. That is exactly what I got, so I was happy. I easily walked to shopping and restaurants downtown. The room was clean but had only one accessible outlet. No fitte sheets--only flat sheets that came loose. (I had seen other reviewers mention this, what is up with that????) I was on the very end of the hallway at the 3rd floor, so it was pretty quiet even though it was right by the highway. The wifi signal there was hit and miss though--it was stronger closer to the elevator.
If you want to feel pampered at all, stay at Aloft or Indigo, which is more money but worth it. If you just want a clean, bare bones room to crash in for a ngiht or two, this place is fine. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: wifi is better closer to the elevetor, but the other end is quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Not as convenient to downtown as other more affordable hotels. No wi-fi. The door would randomly stop working and maintenance would have to "fix" it. No microwave. No working coffee maker in room. Odd spots on the sheets. They charge you for local calls.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business