“Terrible night”

Ranked #43 of 65 Hotels in Asheville
Franklin, Tennessee
“Terrible night”
Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

Small room near loudest ice maker ever. Unbelievable noise off and on every 5-10 mins until after midnight. Then plumbing noise for 10-20 minutes at 1:00am. No help from staff. Maids knock on door early for cleaning ... waking us up. No upgrade for SPG Platinum status...seemed to be downgrade. Uninterested staff. Needs refurb too.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank SkipBurke
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed a good opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff and use your feedback as a learning opportunity. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with the convenient, stress-free and satisfied service that will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 7, 2014

I was confused when my iPhone map said that we had arrived at the "Best Western". Then I saw the property. Clearly this was a recently refurbished motel. The rooms are updated, but overall this hotel is not up to Four Points standards. Worse yet, the rates are on par with the "Aloft", also a SPG property, just down the road. I've stayed at MUCH nicer Four Points for less money.

The negatives are simple: Tiny bathroom, stained carpet, ancient doors which do not protect from sound. There are a few positives: Comfy beds, updated furniture, great staff.

If you book this as a value-oriented property, then you'll be satisfied. For a few bucks more, I would consider other properties in town. I will likely not return to this property.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AMPfromBNA
Thank you for your response. I am very sorry that the hotel was not up to standard in your opinion. It is true that we are an older property and it has been a slow process getting things updated. However, we are fighting the good fight in trying to get it to its potential. I do appreciate the kind words about the staff. I believe they are our saving grace. It is never good to hear negative things about our hotel, but it is nice when proper recognition is given where deserved.
Thank you again and good luck on your travels in the future.

Best Regards,

Four Points-Asheville Downtown
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

For the second straight year my family stayed in two rooms at this hotel while in Asheville for a basketball tournament and for the second straight year found our rooms and the overall facility to be lacking. The rooms are small. Ours did not include a refrigerator or a microwave. The light in the bathroom didn't work right...only one of the two bulbs would light and then that one only flickered. We had someone from maintenance come and supposedly fix it the first day, and then the second morning it stopped working altogether and we had to move to another room. I want to be very clear about this: the staff - all of them that we spoke with during our stay - couldn't have been nicer or tried to be more helpful. It is just that the building is old and severely in need of renovation. This is not the kind of Sheraton Four Points I have become accustomed to through other stays with them. No free breakfast either. IMO, they either need to fix this place or sell it off to some low end hotel chain. The location is great for downtown endeavors, but for the price this is not a nice hotel. It is an old hotel that they are barely holding together with bailing wire and duct tape.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank rockingus

Asheville, North Carolina
Reviewed April 2, 2014

I was looking for a reasonably priced room close to everything downtown with handy/free parking. That is exactly what I got, so I was happy. I easily walked to shopping and restaurants downtown. The room was clean but had only one accessible outlet. No fitte sheets--only flat sheets that came loose. (I had seen other reviewers mention this, what is up with that????) I was on the very end of the hallway at the 3rd floor, so it was pretty quiet even though it was right by the highway. The wifi signal there was hit and miss though--it was stronger closer to the elevator.
If you want to feel pampered at all, stay at Aloft or Indigo, which is more money but worth it. If you just want a clean, bare bones room to crash in for a ngiht or two, this place is fine. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: wifi is better closer to the elevetor, but the other end is quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Not as convenient to downtown as other more affordable hotels. No wi-fi. The door would randomly stop working and maintenance would have to "fix" it. No microwave. No working coffee maker in room. Odd spots on the sheets. They charge you for local calls.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank MarMarMarirene

Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The room we got was clean and comfortable EXCEPT it was right next to the elevator so we heard it going up and down the whole night. The location to the restaurants and bars was within walking distance which was nice.

Room Tip: Do not get one next to the elevator, they are noisy.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for your positive comments. I am very happy that you had a great stay. Perhaps if there is a next time, we can get you away from the elevator. Thanks again and take care.

Best Regards,

Four Points Management
Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

Close to everything. It was great to walk around Asheville and not have to worry about parking. Hotel rooms need some updating, but it was clean. We were their during March Madness, and all we could find on TV was basketball. They could use a few more channels. The attached restaurant (Chophouse) was great!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
I am glad that your stay was convenient. However, I am sorry that the basketball season put a slight damper on things. I assure you that if you give us another shot you won't regret it. Thank you so much for staying with us and have a wonderful day.

Take Care,