“Should be projected as a budget hotel”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #44 of 63 Hotels in Asheville
Ludhiana, India
“Should be projected as a budget hotel”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Having stayed mostly in hostels during my 2 months sojourn to USA, this was a luxury for me, but considering the mammoth amount they were charging, it i was certainly not a good deal at all. A B&B can provide the same level of comfort at probably half the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
I am very sorry that we fell short during your stay with us. It is true that our rates may be a little high, but considering the rates of our comp set. In the future, if you decide to stay with us again. Please contact me directly. I would love to get you in at a better rate. I hope all is well with your travels and your year is starting off great.

Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown, 22 Woodfin St, Asheville, NC 28801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After my experience this weekend, I'll likely never stay at a Four Points again. No fitted sheets are on the beds! When we realized this, we called the front desk and they sent the maintenance guy up with several flat sheets, who said all of the fitted sheets were in the dryer but he couldn't get them out (this was after he went back downstairs to try and located a fitted sheet). We then went to the front desk, and told them about this, the response we got was, "what do you want me to do about it?" (What happened to good old fashioned guest services and problem solving?). We asked him what he could do to solve this problem, and he suggested we switch rooms, and at first we declined hoping the sheet would stay on the bed. After taking a quick nap, and saw how much the flat sheet came off the bed (the flat sheets aren't even big enough to be tucked under the mattress!), went back to the front desk, and told the SAME guy that we'd like to go ahead and switch rooms. He said this wasn't possible as none of the rooms have fitted sheets and that it's a policy of Starwood to not have any fitted sheets. My husband called guest services at Starwood, who assured us it was not a policy of Starwood, and that they would call the hotel to try and get us a fitted sheet for the night. We went out for a few hours, and when we got back, we did have a fitted sheet on the bed. We talked to the manager the next morning, and received a discount on the room as well as vouchers for breakfast at the Chop House (restaurant in the hotel). although it was very irritating to deal with the fitted sheet, it was appreciated that a sheet was found, and that they did give us a discount on the room. The whole process was very frustrating, to get different answers from different staff; and in the end, the manager said it was a policy of Four Points by Sheraton, and not Starwood.

Room Tip: Not near ice machine, it made noises all night.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I sincerely regret that we have missed a good opportunity to make your stay uncomplicated, but I can assure you that we will address every point you have mentioned with our staff and use your feedback as a learning opportunity. I would hope that you would give us another opportunity to provide you with the convenient, stress-free and satisfied service that will exceed your expectations. Once again, thank you for staying at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown and we appreciate your feedback.

Guest Services Manager

Travelers are raving about these Asheville hotels

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This hotel recognizes it's prime location, and takes advantage of it. The beds had flat sheets on the bottom, within an hour of sleeping you're laying on the bare mattress. It was disgusting, and uncomfortable. The room itself was average, maybe 70/night would be fair, but $122 was just absurd. The woman at the front desk was helpful in recommending restaurants. Oh also no breakfast offered.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

Petaluma, California
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Loved our three-day stay at this downtown location in beautiful Asheville. Despite temperature as in the 20's, we loved our visit. The front desk is friendly and very helpful, Nicole in the restaurant offered suggestions on things to do, and parking is free. Asheville is a wonderful destination and this hotel puts you within a block of all the great restaurants and brew pubs.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the positive review. It makes very happy to know that we were successful in making your stay enjoyable. I hope that all is well with you and yours, and that we will see you again soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location is good for downtown. Room was clean and bed was okay. Front desk staff at night was okay, morning staff much better. Restaurant attached to the hotel was awesome! Hallways looked old and dingy - kind of creepy looking. Ice machine in hallway was noisy and apparently this is a hotel where lots of partiers like to go to (a bit noisy at night). Lobby was kind of strange in the set-up - could us the touch on an interior decorator to improve the lobby and the hallways. It would be better if the ice machine was enclosed instead of out in the hallway.

Room Tip: Get a room far away from the ice maker if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review. I'm sorry the we missed a few opportunities to make your stay up to par. I am glade that your experience at the Chop House was great. I'm always happy when guests can leave our restaurant with great things to say. We are still in the process of finishing up some renovations, and I hope that when we are done, you'll give the chance to wow you on all fronts.

Sofia
Reviewed December 24, 2013

We spent a night there on a recent road trip. Loved that we could walk everywhere and did npt have to think about parking. The room was clean and comfortable and it was basically quiet. Had it cost 20 bucks less, I would totally have give it five stars, but it's a decent place nonetheless.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Neli K,

Thank you so very much for your positive remarks. It brings the staff and I great joy to know that we made your stay a success. I hope all is well and that you have a wonderful New Year.

Guest Service Manager
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I had stayed at this property several years ago and remembered it as being a well kept, clean, solid hotel. However I was unpleasantly surprised to see how this place has deteriorated.
The pros:
It's relatively close to downtown, however it's a bit of a hike to the center of downtown especially in cold temps. The Chop House restaurant which is attached to the hotel was great. They had a surprisingly diverse wine and beer list and the bartender gave great local advice. The bed is surprisingly comfortable. Also, parking is free.
The cons:
The hotel is located next to the interstate and if you get a room on the interstate side of the hotel (which we did), you will definitely hear it. However the bathroom was the worst part of the stay. The entire bathroom was very small and made it difficult for two people to be in there at the same time. There was zero water pressure in the shower, the bathtub was dirty, chipped and discolored. There was light out (which was never fixed) and the sink didn't drain properly. Lastly, the toilet didn't flush unless you held down the valve for over a minute.

The service was also underwhelming as I brought bottle of wine to celebrate a special occasion, but forgot a bottle opener. When I went to ask at the front desk if I could borrow one, they said they could sell me one. I literally wanted to use it one time and they could not accomodate my request and instead made me pay for a bottle opener that I will use exactly one time.

My advice would be to pay a little extra and stay at the Aloft or Hotel Indigo when visiting Asheville.

Room Tip: Don't be on the interstate side of the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple