“Good location...they aim too please!”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #45 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This hotel is about 2 blocks from downtown! Upon checking into our room, we saw that one of the beds was broken- literally, the box spring was in two pieces! I called the desk to explain the problem, and a very understanding clerk said, "What can I do to make you happy"! I was impressed and we had breakfast on the house for four of us.... And it was quite good! Nice stay and we will stay there again...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Dear cathi r,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us! I apologize for the issues you had with the bed and hope we were able to resolve it. We hope to see you again for an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay.

There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We just stayed at the four points for 4 nights while in Asheville. The staff there is wonderful! The front desk was so helpful and friendly! The location was just awesome for us to explore downtown and to get in the car and drive other areas we visited. We were so glad to be able to travel with our dogs and we were given a room in the back of the total with easy access to the green areas out back door. The hotel I'd very clean and nice. Looking forward to future visits there!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Sally N,

Thank you for the great feedback! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments and also look forward to having you back.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

The rooms have been recently remodeled. Although the bathroom is small, it was nice. There are dispensers in the shower for showed gel, shampoo, and conditioner. It was a good idea...really liked it. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff were all friendly. Will stay here again on future business trips.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Joy J,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm pleased to hear you had a good stay and look forward to having you again in the future!

Thank you for choosing Four Points - Asheville Downtown!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good:
1. Staff was very nice and helpful
2. Very close to, but not in downtown
3. Reasonably priced
4. Free parking
Bad:
1. Looks and feels outdated
2. Not in downtown
3. The faucets and the toilet seemed "temperamental"

Overall it is an older hotel with a nice staff, nice location and reasonable price..

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Iliketravel101010,

Thank you for the review! Your comments are truly appreciated and we hope you enjoyed your stay. Please come and see us again for an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Wow, what an ideal location for a downtown stay in Ashville. Tons of great little eateries,
3 or 4 microbreweries, and a Restaurant called "Storm" that is out of this world GOOD.
Super close to the Biltmore Estate, Walking Distance to ALL the great downtown
shops and stores, Including one of the Best Natural Food Markets I have ever seen,
this Hotel is Spacious, Clean, Great friendly staff, with a Super Restaurant of it's own
on the property. Highly Recommended !! Try them out, you will NOT be Disappointed.

Room Tip: we chose a non smoking king, great courtyard view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear beejek,

Thanks for the great review! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time here and all that Downtown Asheville has to offer. We look forward to accommodating you again the in the near future!

Regards,

Reviewed September 23, 2013

It was my birthday weekend and my boyfriend took me to Asheville for the weekend. I have to admit, initially, I was a bit skeptical about staying at the Four Points even though it is a Starwoods hotel, and I am BIG on Starwoods properties, rewards, perks, etc. The weekend before our trip, I had done some research on Asheville hotels and the price and location of Four Points was right but before we could commit , I had to read the reviews and one just stuck out- one about a customer accused of smoking in his hotel room even though he flatly denied it- the review went back and forth with hotel management and even the corporate office of Starwoods- needless to say, I was a little hesitant about staying at this hotel, but then I realized, I am also BIG on "second chances- in life, love, jobs, and yes, even in hotels. So we decided to book a room and I can honestly say I am glad I gave this hotel a "second chance" to impress the customer.

From the moment we booked the room (directly from the hotel) to the moment I checked out, my boyfirend and I were treated well. Two gentleman in particular, Benjamin and Cesar, went out of their way to continue to look out for us when we wanted to upgrade from double beds to a king and from a first floor room to one on a higher floor. One evening, when we came back to our room after a night of dinner and wine and wanted to relax with a good movie, but found the ordering system not working, the front desk helped us through the whole process and even sent up a member from the tech department, another great hotel employee, at 10 p.m. to personally set the movie up for us in our room! Now that is my kind of service! Neither my boyfriend nor I are famous, but I was feeling like we were given VIP status anyway.

As for ameneties, the bed was spacious and luxurious, our view overlooked the pool and several beautiful downtown building, the bathroom was outfitted with nice white tile, clean lines, and moden accessories that even my soulmate, who is a bathroom remodeler, said was renovated well. And even the front desk advice on a good place for breakfast, sushi, or coffee proved to be exceptional. Our weekend at the Four Points Sheraton-Asheville proved that second chances are not only necessary in life but can also prove to be quite extraordinary.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor for better views of Asheville and continue to call the hotel direct...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb C

Dear Deb C,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback regarding your recent experience with us! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate second chances. We hope you will come back and see us again the next time you're in the Asheville area.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I have to say I was very nervous about staying here and I have to admit it was not my first choice. However, when some reservations went wrong with the Renaissance I decided to call the Sheraton. First off, the reservations lady was so nice and my last minute reservation was no problem! I was so worried because of the bad reviews that this hotel had gotten. I'm a self admitted hotel snob. So my whole drive I prepared for the worst. Well when I got there I was so happy with the location. I could walk to anything downtown. Parking was free and convenient. I walked into the hotel and it was very nice. The front desk clerk greeted me and asked how my drive was and when he saw my dog he even asked if she needed anything right away like water. So off to a good start! I still tell myself, "wait until you get to the rooms Sandy"! After a quick check in we go up to the room and WOW, how surprised was I! It was so nice. Very clean, comfy bed, flat screen TV, down pillows and they even got the roll away bed up there and set up before we got up there. So impressed! We stayed for three days and I will absolutely stay again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandypllm
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Hi Sandypllm,

Thank you so much for sharing! We are pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again in the near future!