“Decent hotel in Asheville”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed July 11, 2013

It was worth the price I paid when I booked via Hotwire. Clean overall and nice staff at front desk. The mattress in my room was well past its prime, kind of slumped to the middle. The cleaning staff barely put the sheet on the mattress prior to my stay so it came off the mattress corner when I sat on the bed. When I left for the day and then came back, the housekeeping staff failed to pull the door to my room all the way, so anyone could have accessed my room if they simply pushed on the door. Luckily nothing was missing.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Hi Tommy J!

I apologize for the housekeeping issues you experienced while here and I have alerted the situation to our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for kind comments. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again for a simple, honest and comfortable stay!

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We have stayed at other Four Points which are far superior to this property. I do appreciate their use of dispensers for body wash, shampoo, and conditioner. The water pressure and temperature were good; however, the bathroom was quite small. I thought the sheets were scratchy and I had difficulty sleeping due to that. Housekeeping was adequate. The location is very convenient to downtown Asheville, and we really liked being able to walk to a variety of shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear REC_23_12,

Thanks for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I'm very sorry that you were unable to get a good nights sleep due to the sheets and I will review your comments with our Executive Housekeeper. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Four Points -- Asheville Downtown!

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This hotel was such an easy walk to great shopping and dining. The room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff was very helpful with directions and dining suggestions. The pool was also clean and relatively quiet and hidden.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Michelle R,

Thanks for the input on your recent stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that our staff was very helpful and that you enjoyed our prime location. Please come visit us again the next time you're in the Asheville area!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here. The room and the bathroom were updated and very clean. The front desk service was excellent and the staff was always quick to answer any questions and make suggestions for dinner and entertainment.

The location is wonderful for trying the great restaurants and shops just 3 to 8 blocks away. I would definitely recommend this hotel for foodies and families!

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Dear Nancy K,

Thank you so much for the great review! We appreciate your business and are pleased to hear that you really enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the recommendation and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I've stayed in a few Four Points and have a high-opinion of the chain, but I was a little disappointed with the Asheville location. It wasn't a horrible experience, thus the 3 stars, but I was left wanting. First, the bathrooms are small. On top of that, being a guy, it was rather annoying that the toilet seat would never stay up. It seemed like it was designed to slowly lower if you let it go, and had to be held if business was being done. Second, the beds were tiny. I'm only 5'9, but if I stretched my legs all the way my feet were off the bed. My friend is over 6' and he had major issues with that in his bed. Also, the sheets would not stay tucked into the bed. They weren't even Queen beds, but twins, so it would be a rather uncomfortable sleep for two. I'm not a particularly active sleeper, but the bottom sheet and top sheet were loose and off every night. Maid service was also rather erratic time-wise. The first night it seemed like it was cleaned early, but the second night the maid didn't make it till almost 5PM, just as we got back after a long day out hoping to nap before hitting the town for the night.

On the plus side, the room was clean and up to date. They had an outlet station on the middle table which is huge nowadays. I also liked that they had shampoo, conditioner and body wash dispensers in the shower, which eliminates the waste of all those little bottles.

The bottom line is that it was the least expensive hotel downtown for the weekend I was there, and it was nice enough. Not perfect, but if you are short and sleeping alone and sit when you pee, you'll probably enjoy it more than I did.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Scottonli

Hi Scottonli,

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on tripadvisor. I apologize that your stay did not go as well as you would have liked. I will share your comments with the team for further review. Please allow us another opportunity to provide you with an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay in the future.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I was searching for a downtown area hotel that accepted dogs. Asheville has several shops, restaurant patios and bars that allow patrons to bring their furry friend. After reading the reviews for Sheraton Four Points, I didn't expect it to be as nice as it is. I am a Starwood Preferred Guest member (SPG) so perhaps I was placed on a better floor, but my room was clean, modern and had a huge TV, mini fridge, and a modern bathroom. It was facing away from the highway. There is a nice pet walk area and the front desk staff couldn't have been sweeter. Stephen, Tim and Steven were all friendly, had helpful information, and were really nice to my pup. Location is super great - don't be fooled by it's location on the map, near the highway and at the north end of downtown - it's a short walk (three blocks) to central downtown and it's right on the Urban Trail walking art and architecture self-guided tour. All Sheraton Four Points offer free water (ask for more if you need it), good coffee in the room, free internet and the pet fee here was only $50 per stay. And the bar has several local beers, but I didn't try any this time. Would totally stay here again, and I am a hotel snob. Thanks SFP Asheville! You guys rock!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on floors 2-5 and for a mini fridge. Facing away from the highway was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi Maggers,

Thanks for the positive review! It was great having you and your furry friend stay with us! We're super pleased to hear that you had a good time here and we can't wait to have you back. Maybe next time you'll get to try some of the local beers we have on tap in the Chophouse Restaurant!

Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Steven Brown
Guest Services Manager
Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Great location in terms of downtown and the highway, other than that it is a 2 star hotel with a 3 star staff that is helpful, but overwhlemed and short staffed.

The rooms have been updated, but the hotel itself is in need of some landscaping and some security to combat night time noise outside the hotel.

The beds are comfy, however the sheets are extremely scratchy.

The hotel does have free wifi, though housekeeping takes forever.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear CarolinaGrad06,

Thank you for posting your feedback. I apologize that your stay was not to your liking. Your comments will be reviewed by the management team to help improve on the areas you have mentioned. We do have security on premises overnight to assist our guests in anyway they can. Please never hesitate to inform the front desk should there be any concerns.

We do hope you enjoyed the wedding and Downtown Asheville while you were here. Thank you again for the comments and suggestions.

Steven Brown