All reviewschop housegreat locationwithin walking distancefront desk staffan older hotelbed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwaythe room was nicefitness centerdowntownymcabreweriesshampoorenaissancerefrigeratorbiltmore
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel is under going some renovations. Aside from the mess and noise, the design in the bathroom was so poor. The bathrooms are small however, the very small sink basin has an poor quality very large faucet that extends almost to the edge of the basin front. You cannot lean over the sink when doing anything as you will hit the faucet. Brushing you teeth is a nightmare with water all over the place. Washing hands, face brushing teeth.....water will be all over the floor and commode seat. It requires constant wiping from the sink water. The hot and cold water is on the backwards as well. Housekeeping was knocking on all doors on our floor with a card key at 8am and very loudly introducing housekeeping, Very annoying so early in the morning with the noise. The front desk help was nice. There are better places to stay for the price. The elevators were out for 3 days also.

Room Tip: Get the largest room they have and possibly you may have a larger bathroom?
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Lynda G,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. I'm very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced while you were here. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we make improvements to our facility and hope this will not deter you from visiting us again. I will share your comments concerning housekeeping to our Executive Housekeeper for their records.

Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We stayed 1 night. Came to Asheville to do a brew walking tour. Great location. I took others recommendations and got a room far frm elevator and not on the Interstate side. Nice room, clean, pretty comfortable bed but a little hard. Pillows, I have mixed reactions. OK I guess, Bathroom clean except the tub drains very, very slow. Had water up to my ankles. Told Mgt. and they blamed it on the city. I am not a plumber but pretty lame. Anyway, bottom line, we would stay their again..

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Howell D,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Your willingness to share is much appreciated!

Asheville is a great place to sample local brews and I hope you enjoyed your brew tour and your time here at our property. I apologize for the plumbing issues you experienced and have alerted our Chief Engineer to the situation.

Thank you for your business. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Guest Services Manager

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Sheraton Asheville was ok. There were no frills. I called and talked to the front desk before arriving. The guy seemed distracted. He kept talking to someone else while he was talking to me. And he seemed bothered to be talking to me at all.
When I arrived at the hotel the front desk guy working was ok. There were definitely no frills. He did acknowledge that I was a gold member of Starwood properties. And that was it ( no welcome to the hotel or Asheville etc) which was fine.
I got to the room it was small and very clean. It did have a very fragrant smell, and that was fine with me. The room was smaller than an average room. I was traveling alone so it was fine. The bathroom was ver clean and very small. There was a nice comfortable bed and a large flat screen tv. There was no mini fridge. The room was extremely loud. You could here anything and everything . Talking, water flushing, people coming down the hallway etc. I even woke up in the middle of the night by talking in the hallway. Paper thin walls. When I went to check out the woman at the front desk was brushing her hair and seemed put out to check me out.
The location is pretty good. It is right on the edge of downtown and you can walk to everything downtown.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear jg716,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your recent stay with us. I want to apologize for the noise and that our staff seemed put out by you. This is definitely not our norm and I can assure you that these items will be addressed. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any concerns.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The lobby of the Hotel was under construction and cold (because it was cold outside), but the staff was very friendly. The make-shift (construction) Fitness Center was small but had everything I needed including extra towels and water. The outside of the hotel doesn't look fabulous but the inside was clean and well-maintained. Our room was spacious and spotless --as was the bathroom. The ChopHouse, attached to the hotel was great to come back to in the evening, have a drink, and review our day. Jimm at the bar was a wealth of knowledge and a definite asset. When we visit again we will eat here for dinner. The hotel is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. Overall great locations, staff, and environment!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank StumblingGourmet

Dear IslandsFan,

Thank you for the great review! We look forward to seeing you again for a second stay! I apologize for our renovations but glad to hear that our staff made up for it. Jim is an outstanding asset to our team and I will be sure to share your comments with him.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were lucky enough to grab this room via Priceline.com. The lobby is under renovation, but that didn't bother us at all. We found the room to be very quiet ( and we were on the highway side). The beds were quite comfy with thick down comforters and lots of pillows. The bathroom was modern and crispy clean with plush towels. We didn't have room service so can't speak to that. No complaints at all from us! Oh, free parking also.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carie O

Dear Carie O,

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We appreciate your understanding and patience while we make improvements to our lobby and we're pleased to hear you had a comfortable stay.

I sincerely hope you enjoyed your time here and would like to welcome you back for another simple and honest stay.

Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown!