“Simply, nothing very good”

Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Small rooms, poor service with attitudes, room service is limited in menu and serves only till 10:00pm, bathroom was size of a closet, can hear all the guests on your floor, but Internet works very well. I usually don't rip a hotel, but this one deserves to be exposed so that others like me don't get ripped off. Basically it was a Motel 6 with limited food service available.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere! You have been warned!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear James W.,

Thank you for providing us with your feedback. I apologize that we did not live up to your expectations and regret that we have missed an opportunity. I would very much like to discuss your recent stay with us in greater detail if you are willing. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

For a major city I didn't put out a lot of money($139) for a one night stay for three with a $25 breakfast voucher. However, the atmosphere was dreary. Low lighting throughout and low ceilings. There was no getting away from the 1970's architecture. I was told the rooms were renovated in 2007. The wear and tear of 6 years showed. Breakfast was good and the voucher plus a couple of bucks more bought us a yummy meal. I have not stayed in any other Sheraton's but I don't think this was one of there better hotels. Nothing special about this one. I was disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear sandra b,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I apologize that you were disappointed with your experience and regret that we have missed an opportunity. Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near downtown. It is a little worn (the lobby was being renovated when I was there), but clean and comfortable. Some reviewers complained about thin walls and noisiness, which is true, but I sleep with ear-plugs and got along just fine. I had dinner at the attached "Chop House," which was both tasty and convenient. For the money, it is well worth the price. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Jtwill,

Thank you for the feedback! I'm pleased to hear that you had a clean and comfortable stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to providing you with another uncomplicated stay.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

It's a great location at a decent price. Walk to everything in Downtown Asheville. Friendly, efficient staff. Good in-room coffee. But... Noisy elevator on 1st floor. Stinky hallway. Outside entry door did not open with our key card. And I can tell you that the gentleman in the room next to us has an enlarged prostate; not something I wanted to know so early this morning.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WXRay
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear WXRay,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. I apologize for some of the issues you had during your stay and appreciate your feedback. I have shared your comments with our team and we are working towards a resolution. Our Chief Engineer is currently investigating the entry door card reader and in the very near future the elevator machine room will be undergoing a renovation.

Thank you for the kind comments regarding our staff and location! I would very much like to welcome you back for another chance at a simple, honest and comfortable stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Drove around the town 3 times before we found it! The sign is only visible from the other side!
Put in room furthest away from reception with no help offered for the bags.
So far away the wi-fi didn't work in the room.
Breakfast was a slow experience the next day with waitresses chatting instead of pouring coffee!
Nice & New but teething problems......

Room Tip: don't travel a mile unless you want to!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Albert K
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear Albert,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay and regret that we have missed the opportunity to better your experience. Unlike our full service sister property Sheraton, we do not offer bellman or luggage service but are happy to assist upon request. I'm very sorry if our staff did not recognize or offer assistance. It is my hope that the experience you had will not keep you from visiting us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you come back!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is about the only affordable hotel within walking distance of downtown Asheville and so you have to give it points for that. I am a light sleeper and this place was too noisy for me. You can hear the toilets flushing and the elevators and TV's. The mattress was too firm for me. On the positive side, the room was clean and nicely remodeled and the bathroom was nice. The staff was very nice. I can't recommend the place but some people (deep sleepers) might not mind it. You have limited choices in Asheville.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRUNCIMAN
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Trunciman,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. I apologize that our hotel was too noisy for you and that you felt our beds are too firm. The mattresses we use are a global brand standard but I certainly understand if they're not to your preference. Thank you for the positive comments regarding our staff and cleanliness! I will share them with the team.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very convenient to all locations in downtown and easily accessible from main highways. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Try to avoid the lower level rooms near the elevator. Too noisy for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack_Plum
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I'm pleased that our staff was very friendly and accomodating during your stay and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location.

Please come visit us again for another simple, honest and comfortable stay!