All reviewschop housegreat locationwithin walking distancefront desk staffan older hotelbed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwaythe room was nicefitness centerdowntownymcabreweriesshampoorenaissancerefrigeratorbiltmore
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This is about the only affordable hotel within walking distance of downtown Asheville and so you have to give it points for that. I am a light sleeper and this place was too noisy for me. You can hear the toilets flushing and the elevators and TV's. The mattress was too firm for me. On the positive side, the room was clean and nicely remodeled and the bathroom was nice. The staff was very nice. I can't recommend the place but some people (deep sleepers) might not mind it. You have limited choices in Asheville.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TRUNCIMAN
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Trunciman,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay at Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. I apologize that our hotel was too noisy for you and that you felt our beds are too firm. The mattresses we use are a global brand standard but I certainly understand if they're not to your preference. Thank you for the positive comments regarding our staff and cleanliness! I will share them with the team.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Very convenient to all locations in downtown and easily accessible from main highways. Staff was very friendly and accomodating. Try to avoid the lower level rooms near the elevator. Too noisy for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jack_Plum
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback! Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated. I'm pleased that our staff was very friendly and accomodating during your stay and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location.

Please come visit us again for another simple, honest and comfortable stay!

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I'd like to start by saying that the hotel staff is very pleasant. My husband and I are SPG Platinum and always try to stay at SPG properties when we travel. We would have stayed at the new Aloft but unfortunately it was unavailable. Very dated...horrible lighting (cold blue flourescent everywhere). The rooms and bathrooms were clean but nothing special. If you are SPG member and are going to Asheville - try to get a room at the Aloft. A four points is definitely on the economy end of the SPG line, but this one needs some attention and updating.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie124
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your willingness to share and your continued loyalty to the Starwood Preferred Guest program.

I want to apologize that our facility did not exceed your expectations. We are making many improvements this year to help our property be more aesthetically pleasing.

It is my hope that you will allow us another opportunity to provide you with an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay with us in the future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The room was clean and my sleep was pleasant; no problems. Kara and Brett were full of smiles, friendliness and helpfulness at the front desk. Consider me a repeat guest, although an indoor pool would be great; It's an amenity that I normally look for. Lastly, I didn't rate the cleanliness excellent, because there's rarely any place that's excellent; a renovation would help.

Tony

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the great review! I'm so pleased that Kara and Brett were able to accomodate you during your stay. They are happy to hear such encouraging words!

For your future reference and in case you were not informed, we offer our guests complimentary access to the YMCA located next door which has two indoor pools.

Thank you for the renovation suggestion. We are currently updating our lobby and will be making other improvements to our facility throughout this year.

We thank you for your business and look forward to welcoming you back!

Regards,

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Driving thru Asheville on way to Charlotte, stayed here and LOVED IT!!!

Front desk staff is fantastic! Spoke with Asst. General manager Mr. Shannon Mason for about 30minutes while asking questions about local area attractions / restaurants, he is a wealth of knowledge and was incredibly helpful and polite - a true gentleman!

Room was great / super clean and quiet.

I will always stay here when visiting Asheville !!!!

• Stayed: December 2012

Hi!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We very much appreciate the kind words you gave us regarding Shannon and our front desk staff.

We're pleased you enjoyed your time here and look forward to providing you with another honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay in the future.

Regards,