All reviewschop housegreat locationwithin walking distancefront desk staffan older hotelbed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwaythe room was nicefitness centerdowntownymcabreweriesshampoorenaissancerefrigeratorbiltmore
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Driving thru Asheville on way to Charlotte, stayed here and LOVED IT!!!

Front desk staff is fantastic! Spoke with Asst. General manager Mr. Shannon Mason for about 30minutes while asking questions about local area attractions / restaurants, he is a wealth of knowledge and was incredibly helpful and polite - a true gentleman!

Room was great / super clean and quiet.

I will always stay here when visiting Asheville !!!!

• Stayed: December 2012
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Hi!

Thank you so much for the positive feedback! We very much appreciate the kind words you gave us regarding Shannon and our front desk staff.

We're pleased you enjoyed your time here and look forward to providing you with another honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed December 26, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights and some on here are right it is a bit dated as it used to be a Best Western. Nonetheless if you want nicer you will pay a lot more AND have to drive everywhere which defeats the purpose of being iin Asheville the Beer city. The bathrooms are ok not great. Beds and rooms are clean and modern. Housekeeping bangs on your door at 830 which is too early and rude. But you can walk everywhere and this is a better deal than the aLoft or the Renaissance. I would stay here again but if you want nicer for the price you will be near the mall on Tunnel Rd.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank manu4t

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the review. I'm happy you were able to find a good price at our location and sincerely hope you enjoyed your stay here. I apologize that housekeeping knocked on your door at such an early time and will note our Executive Housekeeper. We hope to see you again on any future travels you may have to Downtown Asheville.

Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is straight out of the 80s. It gives new meaning to the word tired looking building. The hallway are dark with carpet that looks like it should have been replaced ages ago. The staff was friendly but nothing special. The "continental" breakfast was a joke. It a couple of danishes and a large bowl of cut up fruit. There was no water, juice or milk put out. They did have coffee though in the lobby, not in the breakfast area.

Location is good if you want to stay in Downtown Asheville.

I could not get my self to give it a 1 star but really I would not like to stay at this place again.

Room Tip: If you get something on the Ground floor say NO. I did not get a room there but I did accidentally take the elevator down there and it felt like a bomb shelter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frequent_Traveler111

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all comments and suggestions we receive very seriously and your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

I want to apologize that our facility did not meet or exceed your expectations. Our property is 43 years old and was renovated 6 years ago. We continue to make improvements as we move forward. Our lobby is currently under renovation and later this year we will be updating the hallway lighting as well as replacing the carpet.

I hope your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again. We appreciate your business and would love for another opportunity to make it right.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had hoped to book the Aloft right downtown but it was full the weekend we were in town, so we chose Four Points instead. The front desk staff was wonderful, consistent with my last Four Points stay in NYC. The hotel itself is fine, nothing special. The cleaning staff were pretty unfriendly as we walked the halls. The location was great, just a couple blocks from everything. Room overlooked the parking lot. We felt like we were off the interstate (oh, right...we were!) but could still walk everywhere we wanted to go.

The food in Asheville was really amazing. Had a drink and a snack at 50 Walnut after arrival, incredible dinner at Chai Pani and brunch the next morning at Limone's. I am tough-to-please in the food department and Asheville blew me away!

Also stopped by the River Arts district on our way out of town and really loved the vibe there. Many galleries were closed but we still enjoyed what we saw and could tell this would be a fantastic destination during one of their regular art walks. Only sad thing was the BBQ place, 12 Bones, was closed. Next time...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our front desk staff!

I apologize if our housekeeping staff were unfriendly. This is not our normal practice and we will work to correct the issue moving forward.

I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy all that Downtown Asheville has to offer and sincerely hope you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good clean rooms all down town Asheville, NC close to everything Biltmore House is just a few miles away. Hotel is pet friendly for a fee. It has what a hotel should for a good stay and I stay here when in Asheville 6 to 8 times a year. Ask for Shannon or Steve they will take great care of you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you sir!

We really appreciate your continued loyalty and business to our hotel and it's always a pleasure to accomodate you! I will share your positive comments with Shannon and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.