All reviews chop house great location within walking distance front desk staff an older hotel bed was comfortable outdoor pool off the highway the room was nice fitness center downtown ymca breweries shampoo renaissance refrigerator biltmore
Reviewed December 26, 2012

This hotel is straight out of the 80s. It gives new meaning to the word tired looking building. The hallway are dark with carpet that looks like it should have been replaced ages ago. The staff was friendly but nothing special. The "continental" breakfast was a joke. It a couple of danishes and a large bowl of cut up fruit. There was no water, juice or milk put out. They did have coffee though in the lobby, not in the breakfast area.

Location is good if you want to stay in Downtown Asheville.

I could not get my self to give it a 1 star but really I would not like to stay at this place again.

Room Tip: If you get something on the Ground floor say NO. I did not get a room there but I did accidentally take the elevator down there and it felt like a bomb shelter.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Frequent_Traveler111
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We take all comments and suggestions we receive very seriously and your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

I want to apologize that our facility did not meet or exceed your expectations. Our property is 43 years old and was renovated 6 years ago. We continue to make improvements as we move forward. Our lobby is currently under renovation and later this year we will be updating the hallway lighting as well as replacing the carpet.

I hope your recent experience will not deter you from visiting us again. We appreciate your business and would love for another opportunity to make it right.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had hoped to book the Aloft right downtown but it was full the weekend we were in town, so we chose Four Points instead. The front desk staff was wonderful, consistent with my last Four Points stay in NYC. The hotel itself is fine, nothing special. The cleaning staff were pretty unfriendly as we walked the halls. The location was great, just a couple blocks from everything. Room overlooked the parking lot. We felt like we were off the interstate (oh, right...we were!) but could still walk everywhere we wanted to go.

The food in Asheville was really amazing. Had a drink and a snack at 50 Walnut after arrival, incredible dinner at Chai Pani and brunch the next morning at Limone's. I am tough-to-please in the food department and Asheville blew me away!

Also stopped by the River Arts district on our way out of town and really loved the vibe there. Many galleries were closed but we still enjoyed what we saw and could tell this would be a fantastic destination during one of their regular art walks. Only sad thing was the BBQ place, 12 Bones, was closed. Next time...

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback concerning your recent stay with us. We appreciate the kind words regarding our front desk staff!

I apologize if our housekeeping staff were unfriendly. This is not our normal practice and we will work to correct the issue moving forward.

I'm pleased that you were able to enjoy all that Downtown Asheville has to offer and sincerely hope you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your business and for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Good clean rooms all down town Asheville, NC close to everything Biltmore House is just a few miles away. Hotel is pet friendly for a fee. It has what a hotel should for a good stay and I stay here when in Asheville 6 to 8 times a year. Ask for Shannon or Steve they will take great care of you.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Thank you sir!

We really appreciate your continued loyalty and business to our hotel and it's always a pleasure to accomodate you! I will share your positive comments with Shannon and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Being a downtown hotel the rooms are a little cramped but clean and nicely appointed. The Location was a pretty easy walk to most of downtown Asheville. The Hotel has a steakhouse that serves prime beef at the expected cost (i didn't try it what with all the wonderful options downtown). They have a breakfast buffet that looked good (not complimentary). I had two problems with my stay. 1st they were doing construction on my floor replacing sliding doors with solid windows thereby eliminating the balconies (I guess they had their reasons, I'd prefer they left them.) and a lot of noise started at 9AM and I was very happy to be asleep a couple morning at that time. The 2nd was the Internet only working about half the time or less. The staff's answers were not particularly good ones. They explained that the workers had a contract that allowed them to start at 9 (obviously 4pts agreed to this) and since the Internet was complimentary it wasn't guaranteed to work. Otherwise the staff was fine. I had a very good rate for this Hotel and would only stay there again if a similar rate was available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about your stay with us. I want to apologize for the issues you experienced during your time here. We recently finished installing brand new windows in all of our rooms and I appreciate your understanding as we work to make improvements to our facility. In the mid part of last year we installed a new fiber optic wireless system as well. We are currently testing the stability and speed of the wifi to address any issues such as the one you mentioned. I hope this will not deter you from visiting us again.

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

We booked this hotel through HotWire. I was very impressed, especially after reading all the not so great comments before our trip. We stayed the week of Thanksgiving and had nothing negative to say. The rooms were clean, staff was friendly and helpful. There was no breakfast included but given that the hotel was within walking distance to all the local places to eat, it did not bother us. The hotel was also located next to the interstate so going on the parkway or other places was easy. We were very impressed and would stay here again.

Room Tip: Book through HotWire. We got a great deal for a busy holiday weekend!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi,

Thank you for the positive feedback and I hope you enjoyed your time here for Thanksgiving week! We appreciate you acknowledging our cleanliness and staff friendliness. I'm pleased you were able to find a great deal through Hotwire and hope to have another opportunity to provide you with an honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay in the near future.