All reviews chop house great location within walking distance front desk staff an older hotel bed was comfortable outdoor pool off the highway the room was nice fitness center downtown ymca breweries shampoo renaissance refrigerator biltmore
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel while on a combined business/pleasure trip. The reviews I had read on tripadvisor were very negative but I went ahead and chose this hotel for two reasons. First the location was very convenient -- walking distance from downtown and across the street from the Renaissance which was hosting the conference that I was attending. Second, the online rate was very reasonable -- just $69 per night. But I was a bit worried as to what I might find.

What I found was a very comfortable hotel with friendly staff and all the basic amenities including free internet. The lobby has a cosy seating area with a fireplace. Based on recommendations on this site, we asked for and got a room away from the highway which I think is a good idea. The room was a decent size, the bed was comfortable.

I had one breakfast in the restaurant. The unlimited continental breakfast was just $6 and included coffee and juice. There were bagels, pastries, cereals, yogurt, granola, oatmeal, fruit, really all you might want. I had ordered a bagel to go for my husband but the waitress let me take a bagel from the buffet instead of charging me for it (which was a pleasant surprise.)

The only negative to report was that there was one time that I smelled cigarette smoke through the vents, but it went away after 15 minutes.

This is a pleasant and great value hotel within walking distance of charming downtown Asheville.

Room Tip: As recommended by others, ask for a room away from the highway.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Hello!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review! The feedback we receive is very important to us and your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

I'm happy you had a comfortable stay at a good value and hope that we were able to exceed your expectations.

Thanks again for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you aren't looking for luxury but still want a fairly nice place, this will fit the bill. Check-in staff was friendly and accomodating: we asked for a refrigerator/microwave to be placed in the room and they had it delivered within minutes after we got into the room. Room was clean and served our needs. Hotel sits on the edge of downtown, so you can walk anywhere you want to go: we're not particularly "fit" and we did fine.

Room Tip: Outdoor pool is on the south side of the building and can get noisy in the summer with kids horsing around. Expressway is on the north side.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi!

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with. I'm pleased that you enjoyed our convenient location and that we were able to accomodate your needs. Please come visit us again the next time you're in Asheville for another honest, comfortable, and uncomplicated stay!

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I recently stayed here for a night, and I chose it because the price was the best for the location. That being said - it was a great hotel. Clean, updated rooms. Friendly staff. Easy parking. Walking distance to everything downtown. Only negative thing I can think of is that there wasn't an exhaust fan in the bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your review and the great reccomendation! Your willingness to share is greatly appreciated.

We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again the next time you're in the area.

Regards,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Great hotel, very clean and cozy. Since it was cold out it was a little further than I'd rather walk to the local shops and restaurants, but it was only about a quarter mile and parking was only $5 pretty much anywhere you go. This was a great value and the staff was very friendly. I would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Hi,

Thank you so much for the positive review concerning your recent stay with us! We're pleased that we were able to accomodate you with a clean and cozy stay.

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown. We look forward to having you again for another honest, comfortable and uncomplicated stay.

Regards,

Reviewed November 11, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with a group from work and found it to be an excellent place to stay. it's about 10-15 minutes from Biltmore Village and the estate, 5-10 minutes from GPI, and a very easy walk to the downtown bars/restaurants/stores. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good and reasonably priced. Every hotel employee I encountered was friendly. The rooms were updated and clean, but it is obviously an older property (which was fine with me because the walls and doors were thicker and I didn't hear much noise even though the highway is right beside the hotel.) The parking is free, and even thou the hotel seemed full, there was plenty of parking available. The YMCA next door is free to hotel guests, though there was a small but adequate fitness center (2 treadmills, one elliptical, one recumbent bicycle, mats, and weights) in the hotel itself. I would highly recommend this hotel as an economical alternative for your "base camp" for Asheville adventures.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
FourPointsAsheville, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We appreciate your kind words and positive review!

I'm pleased that you enjoyed our location and the amenities we have to offer. We do have a partnership with the YMCA behind us which allows our guests free use of their facility. This can be a great alternative to the 24 hour fitness center we already have on property. Thank you for mentioning!

Thank you for your business. We hope you choose Four Points by Sheraton -- Asheville Downtown again for your next Asheville base!