Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown
Ranked #44 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
birmingham, Al
“Not bad”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Location was very, very good as everything in downtown is an easy walk from the hotel. Parking lot was convenient as well.
Rooms were okay - small, and beds were even smaller. Air conditioner was very loud.
Overall, the hotel was not bad; clean; friendly staff - I would go again - but if your are tall (or even not so tall), I'd think twice unless you like your feet hanging over the bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bhamboy01
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 26, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests and because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again soon.

Shannon Mason -- Manager On Duty

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The Good:

Staff: The staff was great, very helpful, and expedient. Check-in/Check-out took no time at all. Overall very good staff and should be commended.

Location: Fantastic location. Located within walking distance to almost everything in downtown Asheville. About 3-4 miles away from the Biltmore which is great as well. I couldn't have been more pleased with the location.

Cleanliness: The rooms were clean enough and the bathroom was actually incredibly bright and clean which was nice.

The bad:

The rooms and the hotel in general is sorely in a need of a renovation. The room was dark with a very small window that let in little light. I honestly felt like I was staying in the basement. Even the hallways were dark. The decor of the room has a dated look. It all just could use a good update. I didn't sleep that well as the room had a kind of musty feel to it. The sheets were not good quality.

The internet is so bad it is not even hardly usable, but I did read on a previous review that it is in the process of being upgraded in May. It definitely needs it, because I was better off using my phone's internet while I was there.

There is a restaurant on location called the Chop House, but we did not try it as there are plenty of great, local restaurants around the downtown area.

Overall, the hotel is in a great location, with friendly staff. It is definitely in need of an overhaul however as it is very dated. I might stay here again if I got a good deal, but it appears very overpriced to me. I booked my room on a search site and paid $83/night plus taxes and probably would not pay even that again. When I searched on the hotel's website they were asking $154/night plus taxes. I wouldn't even consider paying that for a room. I have stayed in places much, much, much nicer for $154/night.

There are definitely nicer hotels in Asheville, but for service and location this one is worth a consideration.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wrighj9
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
A hotel is defined by the quality of service it provides to its guests and because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. We will begin our next renovation in 2013 per Starwood standard that requires every 5 years. I will pass along the problems you experienced with your bedding to our Executive Housekeeper. We are in the process of installing LED lighting throughout the hallways to brighten up the space and by May 1st our new FIOS internet should be fully functional. I do apologize if your stay was marred by any of these issues. Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Nashville, TN
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Very clean room, excellent accommodations, staff VERY helpful and allowed my daughter to bring her hamsters in over night. Check in - check out was VERY good. I highly recommend this - internet and parking were NOT extras which was a welcome change in Four Points properties esp at a downtown location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 14, 2012
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I had modest expectations for this hotel - just what one would want from a Four Points flagged property - clean, safe, friendly.
This property exceeded those expectations and I will almost certainly stay there again.
1. Check-in was quick and matched my booking exactly. The lady who checked me in was very welcoming. I was very pleased with the check in.
(note) this is an older property that has been updated. The updates are very well done. Everything has a clean, quality feel. I was very impressed.
2. The room was a fine size and nicely appointed. The beds (I had a two doubles room) were not great, but they were perfectly adequate. Bedding and linens were standard Four Points which places them well above most economy hotels (and a few of the mainstream brands). My room had a city view which meant that I had a great view of the building's mechanical systems - that being said, there is a large highway on the other side of the building and I had no street noise in my room. The in-room HVAC produces some noise; to me it was fine and better than most of these kind of systems in that regard. Temperature in the room was consistent and pleasant. Rooms were very quiet. The bathroom was clean, with sufficient elbow room - same for the shower. Water pressure was good and the water temperature was warm and consistent.
The only complaint I have about the room is that the Wi-Fi signal was too weak unless I stood near the door. I cannot make a broad judgement about this because friends in another room had no such experience. If I were staying more than a night or for business, I would have needed to change rooms on this complaint.
3. The location earns high marks. Easy to walk to any of Asheville's sites, I was very happy with the location. Parking in Asheville is a nightmare, so the large, clean well-lit parking lot was wonderful (I just cannot relax if I am worried about my car).
I did not use the food services, outdoor pool (closed for the season, but it looked really nice), or fitness facilities and cannot comment on these.
4. For me, the value was exceptional. The product I received was very-good relative to what I paid. No surprise charges and etc.
My overall impression is of a very well managed and cared for property. I will stay again.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank West90
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
GA
Reviewed April 9, 2012

First thing room 506 must be the discounted hotel room because of its sad view overlooking the top of the wing that houses the ballrooms.
This hotel was a great find. It is easily accessible to I-240, downtown, the civic center, and Biltmore Estates.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank souches
Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately we are only five stories so if you look down you will see the top of our building for the restaurant and ballroom. Our 5th floor is our Starwood preferred floor and is the most comfortable. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again soon.
Clemson, South Carolina
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Had a pleasant stay. Nice room. Comfortable lobby and restaurant areas. Plenty of free parking. Only problem was that Internet was not working in the rooms. Had to go to business center to use. Hotel staff explained that their Internet provider had been experiencing problems.

Room Tip: Ask if their Internet is working yet
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback. Our current internet provider is changing as of May 1st because of the problems our guests have experienced with their service. We have chosen to spend $40,000 on fiber optic cable that will bring us efficient and very fast wireless internet connections. We appreciate your business and look forward to you visiting us again soon.
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I chose this hotel because I got a great web-price through their site and it is located downtown. As Asheville is known for it's brew pubs, I wanted to walk every where without the worry of driving. There were no king rooms available on the downtown side, so we opted for the expressway side of the building, despite the many warnings against the 'noisy' side of the hotel. It was the weekend and I don't remember hearing cars, especially when the air was running. The room was clean and looked to be newly updated, the bed was actually quite comfortable and the pillows were snooze worthy.

The coffee in the lobby was dreadfully weak, but there are a ton of good cafes and restaurants in the area, so we chucked the coffee and headed off to breakfast.

The Sheraton had the feel of a small hotel, first appearances were bland with a splash of tan on the exterior, but overall, I was happy with my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
FourPointsAsheville, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown, responded to this review, April 5, 2012