I had modest expectations for this hotel - just what one would want from a Four Points flagged property - clean, safe, friendly.
This property exceeded those expectations and I will almost certainly stay there again.
1. Check-in was quick and matched my booking exactly. The lady who checked me in was very welcoming. I was very pleased with the check in.
(note) this is an older property that has been updated. The updates are very well done. Everything has a clean, quality feel. I was very impressed.
2. The room was a fine size and nicely appointed. The beds (I had a two doubles room) were not great, but they were perfectly adequate. Bedding and linens were standard Four Points which places them well above most economy hotels (and a few of the mainstream brands). My room had a city view which meant that I had a great view of the building's mechanical systems - that being said, there is a large highway on the other side of the building and I had no street noise in my room. The in-room HVAC produces some noise; to me it was fine and better than most of these kind of systems in that regard. Temperature in the room was consistent and pleasant. Rooms were very quiet. The bathroom was clean, with sufficient elbow room - same for the shower. Water pressure was good and the water temperature was warm and consistent.
The only complaint I have about the room is that the Wi-Fi signal was too weak unless I stood near the door. I cannot make a broad judgement about this because friends in another room had no such experience. If I were staying more than a night or for business, I would have needed to change rooms on this complaint.
3. The location earns high marks. Easy to walk to any of Asheville's sites, I was very happy with the location. Parking in Asheville is a nightmare, so the large, clean well-lit parking lot was wonderful (I just cannot relax if I am worried about my car).
I did not use the food services, outdoor pool (closed for the season, but it looked really nice), or fitness facilities and cannot comment on these.
4. For me, the value was exceptional. The product I received was very-good relative to what I paid. No surprise charges and etc.
My overall impression is of a very well managed and cared for property. I will stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Asheville Hotel is located Downtown and offers the convenience of a great location while being nestled among the Blue Ridge Mountains. We have a committed, lively staff and put our guest's needs first! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Asheville Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Points By Sheraton Asheville Downtown Hotel Asheville
- 4 Points By Sheraton Asheville Downtown
- Four Points Asheville Downtown
- Best Western Asheville
- Asheville Sheraton
- Asheville Four Points