“This Place should be shut down!”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 4, 2010

My husband and I used priceline.com to find an affordable hotel and this is what we got at Ramada West Asheville, NC... Blood on the wall next to our bed, filthy carpets that left your feet black (so we had to wear shoes or socks), no phone because some drunk crackhead ripped it out of the wall, the outlets didn't work, no hair dryer, no working clock, hair in the "clean" sheets on the bed, musty stale air, dirty bathroom doors with greasy fingerprints all over, and strange people hanging around like they live there... the people wouldn't help, they said just talk to priceline, and wouldn't give us a refund. The place needs to be shut down. It was a hell hole.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kevsarv

Reviewed August 7, 2010

First the positives:
- good location and easy to find off I-40.

- reasonable room rates

- breakfast at I-hop (adjoining hotel) included in room rate.

Negatives:

- we stayed in a 2 room suite (king room on one end with exterior
entrance connected to an interior
room with fold out sofa). Furnishings and fixtures were
dated. All of this could have been ok if not for other issues.

- Crickets! I found several dead crickets in the bathroom. This doesn't scream "cleanliness".

- the service was also disappointing. We only had enough towels for two people in our room. When we asked for additional towels, the front desk could provide us with wash clothes but he didn't have towel and would not until housekeeping came at 9:30.

Next time I am looking for a hotel in the Asheville area, I will look elsewhere.

Reviewed July 16, 2010

Should be a very nice place to stay but management needs to work on both employees and rooms. Room was clean but no towels, leaking toilet at base, no t-paper holder, etc.
Staff was not very respondent and young lady at check-in desk shouldn't be working with the public. They did say Ramada was in the process of remodelilng and I hope so as this is a wonderful spot. Until all this happens they will have unhappy guest......................

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 13, 2010

We had a great time at this Ramada. It has two pools (indoor and out), steam room, game room, pool tables in the atrium, work out room, free breakfast at IHOP. We had a couple of broken out lets but our room had two double beds and a pull out couch. Our family slept comfortably here. There is an Applebees next door and a Cracker Barrel very close, we walked. I would definitely stay here again. We had a blast at Sliding Rock and the falls were beautiful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

i prepaid for this hotel.. which I regretted. When I checked in they put me in a room that had a no smoking sign on the door... well the room stunk. Really really stunk of cigarettes! Another guest told me they had to change rooms too because of the strong cigarette smell!

When I went to the front desk they said I had requested a smoking room... not even possible! Then they said Hotels.com had booked me a non-smoking room.. I looked at my reservation and it requested a non smoking room.. then they said.. Oh well we don't have to honour that request! There was no way I was going to stay there... but after telling me and another guest looking for a room for the night that they had no non smoking available a room suddenly came up.

The room smelt.. not as bad as the first but it stunk! The hotel is one step away from a flee bag motel.. they don't cool the public areas, there is stuff all over the place and there is a general feeling of uncleanliness. There was no way I was getting in the pool!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank CaymanFoodie
Reviewed June 28, 2010

We stayed only night but I am glad that was it. On a positive note, the hotel has a lot of amenities, particularly for families, and it is nice getting a Denny's breakfast included with the room price. On the flipside, you can tell this hotel was a very nice place in its prime, but it is no longer well maintained. The lobby/common area has so much potential, but sadly it is dirty and much of the upholstery is well worn and the lights are dim. It has a kids playground, but it was so dirty I wouldn't let our boys go near it. There was food and trash all over it. The hot tub was closed, which apparently is a consistent issue. The room itself is okay... you feel safe enough even with an exterior door. The room carpet was a little dingy and we made the kids were there socks while playing in the room.

Overall, this hotel will get you by for a night, but I wouldn't recommend a long stay. It's too bad the interior space isn't kept up better. They could charge double for the room price if it was.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2010

Stayed here for a few days vacation and for a chance to see Biltmore. Found a decent rate and it included a full breakfast which seemed nice. The air conditioner was very loud as it cycled and we had it on low. Side of bathroom door was filthy. You could tell they had made a few upgrades, newer sink with marble counter, for example. The only good thing was that the beds were very comfortable. The attached IHOP where we ate breakfast had a special menu for Ramada guests, limited, or you could get 25% off their regular menu. We were also charged for use of the safe which we did not use. There was also a BIG problem with the surface of the tub. It was so slippery we feared falling in the shower. We found a dollar store and bought a bath mat which we left. Tried to see the manager about the tub but he was never around or in a meeting. Tried to call him when we got home about both the overcharge for the safe and the tub but thus far have been unsuccessful. Poor, poor excuse for service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple