“Bang for your buck!”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #62 of 68 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 4, 2009

We booked our trip as a last minute, inexpensive, weekend away. After seeing the other reviews, we were very nervous about what was in store... so much so that we made a list of back-up hotels even though our reservation was non-refundable.

Much to our surprise (and delight), this hotel is definitely a great value. At one time, it must have been quite an elegant retreat. Today it offers an indoor/outdoor swimming pool, clean rooms with comfortable beds, and a great continental breakfast. The hot tub was closed during our stay, but otherwise, all of the amenities were available. The attached IHOP is opened until midnight on the weekends and there is a Cracker Barrel and an Applebee's within walking distance.

If you're looking for an inexpensive place to stay with easy access to hwys, downtown Asheville, Biltmore, and the like then this is your place.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 27, 2009

Horrible, overpriced, dirty, smelly, poorly maintained (if at all), ratty excuse for a hotel...amazed that they can keep a national franchise, obviously Ramada hasn't sent any reviewers here for a LONG time...

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank jgc303
Reviewed July 25, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada Biltmore as we were passing through on our way to Myrtle Beach. I'm glad that we only stayed one night here. Although the hotel itself was okay.....it is definitely not somewhere I would want to stay on an extended trip. The pool was great for the kids to play after being in the car for quite awhile, however, the swim through that they were looking forward to was closed as was the hot tub??? The rooms were average but were definitely in some need of updating. They weren't dirty just out of date and lacking a lot to make you want to stay here very long!! All in all, the stay wasn't bad....just average!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank momof2girls08
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This hotel has great potential if it was maintained. It is not. It is very run-down and dirty. The staff was extremely nice, but they alone cannot rebuild the property. I was most distressed that the whirlpool was not working and that the outdoor pool was out of order. Originally it was being cleaned, but the pool never was clean and remained the color of antifreeze during my four day, three night stay. Although my room was disgusting, I was changed to a different room after the first night. I was so disappointed in the lack of amenities. Sad to have spent any money on this property.

Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank fma05
Reviewed June 15, 2009

I was surprised at the price (~$85.00) and just wanted a place to sleep after driving all day. The place was old and at one time was a great hotel I'm sure, but it has gone down hill. The beds were comfortable but that is about it. The bathrooms were in bad shape ( something I can't stand,) the air conditionar leaked and the people staying there seemed a bit shady. The place wasn't horrible, but it was a bit off. Its hard to find a good hotel these days.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank scottcat
Reviewed January 1, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for a week and it was wonderful. The room was clean and comfortable, the bed linens were soft and white with a down comforter on the bed. The pillows were full and fluffy (I wanted to take the pillows home but I didn't). We asked for a microwave in our room late in the evening and it was brought to us the following morning. We will definately be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank songbird278
Reviewed November 3, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the hotel for a week. I thought it was a very nice hotel. The lobby is beautiful, spacious, and clean and the water fountain is a special touch. I didn't go in the pool but it did look nice and clean.
I love the front desk! Everyone was very nice!
The room was nice, clean, and bright. The pillows were perfect, so plump and soft!! The bedspread was white which I thought was a nice change from the dreary dark colored bedspread usually found in hotels.
The IHOP restaurant was great and very nice staff!
It was a good experience, will return, and give the hotel an A rating.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple