“Rather have a stick in my eye”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #59 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Charleston, South Carolina, United States
“Rather have a stick in my eye”
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Absolutely worst experience every when traveling. No concern from this front desk whatsoever . Room was nothing like the order or expectation. Staffed "BLAMED" it all on me , repeatedly ,for using EXPEDIA. Ordered me to leave under threat of police. I never cursed or raised my voice, however I did tell the clerk I needed a TV in my room to work after spending the first night without one working.

Room Tip: Property not updated in 40 years. Stay away. The staff will not return funds or even print out paper...
1 Thank Stephen H
Barry S, General Manager at Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West, responded to this review, August 25, 2014
As we tried to explain to you upon arrival, you made your reservation through a third party - Expedia - not Ramada Hotels. Everything that you said you had asked for - room type, pet friendly, handicapped, refrigerator and microwave - were not on your reservation. We worked around the system, accommodated your needs without a penalty for having a pet in a non-pet room. After being in your room for 6 hours, you then complained that your TV did not work when someone (?) had taken the TV off of channel 3. The evening clerk did everything possiple to correct the situation. The next moring you came to the front desk and demanded another room. You were advised that th TV situation would be fixed at 8:00 A.M. You still demanded another room even after the clerk advised you that we did not have another room that met your criteria. You again demanded another room at which point the front desk clerk stated that because of the problems, it would be better if you checked out and found other accommodations. You asked what she would do it you refused, and she stated that she would call the police. We refunded you the money you paid for a Pet Fee, less the one night. Since you made the reservation through a third party, we cannot refund your money since you did not pay us directly and we cannot issue you a receipt, only the third party can. I apologize for you not understanding how third party reservations are handled and the limitations when reservation are not made correctly. We offered to help you find suitable accommodations but you refused. We hope that you did find suitable accommodations and left the Asheville area a happier person than when you arrived.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was not quite what I expected. While not one of the more expensive hotels in the area, I would expect some standards above the low end hotels at 175 dollars a night on a slow weekend.
The hotel was very dated, not very well kept or clean and we had bugs in our room. The TV's were out of the 1990's. There were broken light fixtures and exposed piping.
The only reason it gets as good a review as it does is because the bed was comfortable and clean, albeit a bit tattered.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Barry S, General Manager at Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I have recently taken over management of this hotel and yes, it is an older hotel and yes, there are problems. This hotel was built in the mid '60's and has had several major rennovations. There are plans also for this winter for this hotel. We are taking each problem as we get to it and are trying to upgrade on a daily basis.

We thank you for choosing Ramada and hope that you will give us another chance on your next trip to Asheville..
Virginia Beach
Reviewed August 16, 2014

The Ramada Inn was convenient to the interstate and the places we needed to go. There was a variety of foods available including the IHOP in the motel itself. I missed the continintel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Thank you for your comments. Because we have an attached restaurnat, we are not required to have a continental breakfast but we do have an arrangement with IHOP that our hotel guest receive a 10% discount on their food.

Thank you for choosing Ramada and we hope to see you on your next visit tio Asheville.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We have stayed at Ramada Asheville twice before so I was very disappointed this time. The stairwell was dirty which should have been the first sign that the hotel has declined a lot in the year since we last stayed here. Worst of all were the BUGS...... I know everyone sees a bug once in a while but 3 different bugs crawling in our room in the day time. I don't like to think what might have been crawling around at night. We told the person at check out but he was not surprised nor did he seem to concern that the hotel had bugs..... WILL NOT BE STAYING HERE AGAIN... needs to be updated ASAP......

Room Tip: Find a different hotel to stay in......
3 Thank Connie C
Barry S, General Manager at Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West, responded to this review, August 16, 2014
I apologize for your problems. I have recently taken over management of this property and I am addressing all of the problems that you have mentioned and more. While this property was originally build in the early 60"s, and remodled several times, it still needs considerable work to bring it back up to par. Plans are in the works for a major overhaul after October, while minor repairs will be done as we progress on a daily basis.

Please give us another chance on your next trip to Asheville. Thank you for choosing Ramada.