“Could use some cleaning”

Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Reviewed October 27, 2012

I stayed here about 2 years ago and it was great, especially for the price. So this year I didn't even consider going anywhere else, I reserved my room at Ramada. Well I think it has been bought out or switched hands since then. Our door lock didn't work properly we had to wrestle our way into our room every time, the pillow cases were dirty, the shower and behind the bathroom door was dirty, the carpets were FILTHY, 3 or 4 stairs were loose and wobbly so we would trip walking up and down them. The breakfast bar attendant was rude and hostile, several of the guests commented on his attitude that we heard around us. Note it may not sound like it but I do not complain usually about hotels, this is actually the first review I have ever even filled out. This used to be a great hotel for the money but now I would strongly advise spending a little more a going someplace else.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hotel was alittle old, but very taken care of by the staff. Very clean rooms, deluxe breakfast and easy access to I40 for fast access to Asheville and the Biltmore.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had expectations of cleanliness and a functioning remote control when I booked a room at this Ramada Inn. It really shouldn't be called a Ramada. It was a run down property and had the saddest, hugest empty atrium area. The outdoor rooms looked sketchy but my room was facing the inside and was OK. The room was just dated, the bathroom was kind of old and moldy. Good shower, though and the bed was fine. My TV remote didn't work. I went to the Front Desk to get new batteries. When they didn't work I went back twice. I honestly felt bad for this nice clerk, he was doing his best. A hotel employee came to the room and took the remote, saying he would reprogram and return it. That was the main problem, I kept waiting until 10:30 pm for him to come back. I finally went downstairs to say "Never mind" and had the clerk leave a note for the Mgr., Rance Hicks. He never contacted me, nor did the Ramada Customer Care website. This was poor stay at a very expensive $140.00, too much to pay. The problem was that I spent the previous night at the Hampton Inn and they wouldn't have charged me for the night's stay. I felt like I shouldn't have had to pay to stay in this motel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 22, 2012

overall experience was good. loved the lobby/atrium area. shower water pressure was little low for my liking. was great location for the trip to Biltmore and downtown Asheville. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The rooms were clean, the bed was comfortable and the bathrooms were in good shape. The hotel is located right beside Applebees and Fatz so it was nice to not have to drive if I wanted dinner. The staff was nice and the best part is that there is an Ihop connected to the hotel. The 25% off coupon for Ihop that I received at the front desk was very gracious.

Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Travelers also viewed these Asheville hotels
WoodSpring Suites Asheville
#56 of 66 in Asheville
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
Days Inn Asheville/Mall
#50 of 66 in Asheville

Been to Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West

Address: 275 Smokey Park Hwy, Asheville, NC 28806-1140
Location: United States > North Carolina > North Carolina Mountains > Asheville
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #61 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
Price Range: $65 - $134 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ramada Asheville / Biltmore West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Biltmore West Hotel Asheville