“Good stay, spacious room, pleasant bed”

Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road
Ranked #21 of 66 Hotels in Asheville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed two nights in a spacious room at the quiet back side (226). The bed is comfortable, the bathroom ok, shower looked brandnew and was clean. Paid a good price, direct at BW website. Breakfast area was on both mornings rather overcrowded. Visited Biltmore Estate which was more impressing as what we expected. Blue Ridge Parkway was a bit disappointing. Can recommend the downloadable Urban Trail Walking Tour through the center of relaxed, post-hippy Asheville.

1  Thank Paul_&_Sanderella
Write a ReviewReviews (1,609)

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I will go back to this Best Western again. It is clean and had the best breakfast . There were eggs,sausage gravy,sausage,varieties of bread, bagels,biscuits,apples,bananas,fruit juices: apple, cranberry,orange water. There was a variety of cereals,waffles,sweet rolls, muffins. the coffee was very good. There was tea ,hot chocolate, and milk for those that do not care for coffee.
For coffee.We like the refrigerator in the room and a newspaper in the morning.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I understand that hotels in this area are kind of pricey due to the proximity to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Biltmore Estate. However, given the price we paid for our room (even after the AAA discount), I expected more. I do have to say that the room was comfortable albeit a little cramped--the table and chairs were crammed up against the air conditioner and in good shape. I believe that there was a recent renovation, so the furnishings were adequate. What I didn't like was the service.

First, the website stated a $10 per night pet fee. Okay. When I reserved the room, I specifically noted two dogs. When I checked in, the front desk person made me initial by the pet fee ($10 per night) and confirmed that I had two dogs. When I check out, there were TWO $10 charges (PLUS taxes). I asked the gal what was going on. She pointed to a sign stating that it was $10 per PET PER NIGHT. Well, this was the same girl that checked me in. I told her that I REFUSED to pay that amount. The website stated a flat rate, and she said NOTHING at check in about a per-pet fee. She told me that she would have to ask her manager. I asked to speak to the manager..."Oh, he's not here."

I called her on the fact that she did not explain the charge at check-in and I would not be paying it. She finally relented and refunded the additional pet fee. Yes, it was only $10. But I don't like this 'bait and switch.' If there is a fee per pet per night, be clear and state it on the website. I would NOT have had an issue with this had it be explicitly stated. What I do object to is the lack of care of both the management and the obviously unconcerned and poorly trained front desk personnel.

Oh--they do give you a 'goody bag' for your dog upon check-in that contains a pack of dog-waste bags in a holder. That was nice.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

My son, daughter and I found the hotel to be outstanding. We had a great stay on our way to the beach. The customer service was outstanding in a time that finds customer service lacking. The continental breakfast was the best we have ever experienced and the rooms were spotless. Anytime we are down that way we will stay at this Best Western.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I road up the Blue Ridge Parkway. I have stayed at a lot of Beat Western and I have been happy most of the time. I like my motorcycle also, so I like to be in a safe place when it is out over night.
The room was good and clean, the bed was soft and had covers that can be washed after ever stay.
There were a lot of good places to eat within 1-2 miles.
And I felt that my motorcycle would be safe and it was.

If I am back in the area I will stay there.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

On a noisy road, claims to have been renovated but bathroom was still in bad condition. Front desk staff couldn't care less. Not close to downtown Asheville as it claims. An old property not worth a stay.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the noisy main road.
1  Thank Liddar
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We found our stay to be outstanding. The location was great. The staff went out of their way to make sure everything was just perfect, the rooms were spotless. The breakfast room was perfect and it was always stocked and it was very clean. I would definately recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms in the back were quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Travelers also viewed these Asheville hotels
Sleep Inn West
Holiday Inn Asheville - Biltmore East
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
Comfort Inn Biltmore West
#29 of 66 in Asheville
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville Downtown Tunnel Road (Biltmore Estate), NC

Been to Best Western Asheville Tunnel Road? Share your experiences!