“Sisters McMullen on meriman”
Review of The Sisters McMullen - CLOSED

The Sisters McMullen
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed May 7, 2012 via mobile

I have never had better bake goods then from sisters
I live in Baltimore we come to Asheville nc 6-8 times a year
And we always have a order when we come to town
Birthday cakes to cup cakes
Best bakery and staff

Reviewed April 26, 2012

We ordered a birthday cake for our oldest son's 30th birthday. We have been to the bakery before -- it's a cute place! The cake we ordered was good (devil's food), but we did not like the icing (our fault for not specifying that we don't like fluffy icings -- we like ganaches). Oh, well! But when we stopped in to pick up the cake, we ordered an apple stick, which was so-so, but the coffee was very good. The staff is very nice and accommodating.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

I can't resist cupcake shops, and this one did not disappoint. The selection was somewhat limited, but the taste of the cupcakes more than made up for the lack of choices. What they have is pure delight! Delicious!

Reviewed January 20, 2012

I went to the Sisters McMullen bakery on Merrimon and the cupcakes were okay. I bought 6 different cupcakes and I was a bit disappointed. They only had a couple of cupcakes there so not a big selection. The clerk was friendly and helpful. I have had much better cakes at the nearby Ingles Supermarket Bakery and even Earth Fare at Westgate has amazing cakes slices. Sisters McMullen Bakery is not worth a visit.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

I went in and got a lemon filled cupcake, the cupcake itself was great but the frosting tasted like a stick of lemon butter. I had to scrape it all off.