“Get Carolina BBQ Chicken Pizza”

Carmel's Restaurant & Bar at The Grove Arcade
Ranked #70 of 788 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Get Carolina BBQ Chicken Pizza”
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Could have been the best pizza I have ever eaten. Sat outside...great people watching. Wait staff friendly and attentive. My friend wanted yellow mustard...they didn't have but went next door to another restaurant and borrowed some.

Visited July 2013

Ashland, Oregon
“Fried Green Tomatoes”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I don't usually care for southern food, but this restaurant experience changed my mind. Carmel's makes gourmet southern food and it really was delicious! Someone at our table ordered Fried Green Tomatoes, which I wasn't planning on trying, but they were lightly fried with bacon crumbled on top and aioli drizzled over. It was amazing and I have been craving that dish ever since! We had wonderful service and all 8 of us loved our meals.

• Visited April 2013
High Point, North Carolina
“very good experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice dinner. Food was well prepared and service attentive. Inside and outside dining available. Located in the Grove Arcade, part of a vibrant downtown. Good value and atmosphere. Will gladly return!

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Better Places Nearby”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were disappointed with the food. There were many better choices either next door or within short walking distance. My wife really liked her mushroom pizza enjoying the crisp crust. But I was not impressed with the meal I had nor the kids meals. Service was very very slow. I would not come back to this place with so many other choices around Downtown Asheville.

• Visited June 2013
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Excellent dinner, great atmosphere and service.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

On my way from Durham to Dawsonville Ga and stopped in Ashville for dinner. WOW...awesome meal. From a person who is usually hard to please, I like this restaurant. Sat at the bar a d had the Slamon with garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus. Fantastic. Great place. Music on street. Good crowd.

• Visited May 2013