“very good experience”

Carmel's Restaurant & Bar at The Grove Arcade
Ranked #74 of 781 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
High Point, North Carolina
“very good experience”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice dinner. Food was well prepared and service attentive. Inside and outside dining available. Located in the Grove Arcade, part of a vibrant downtown. Good value and atmosphere. Will gladly return!

• Visited June 2013

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Better Places Nearby”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We were disappointed with the food. There were many better choices either next door or within short walking distance. My wife really liked her mushroom pizza enjoying the crisp crust. But I was not impressed with the meal I had nor the kids meals. Service was very very slow. I would not come back to this place with so many other choices around Downtown Asheville.

• Visited June 2013
Dawsonville, Georgia
“Excellent dinner, great atmosphere and service.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

On my way from Durham to Dawsonville Ga and stopped in Ashville for dinner. WOW...awesome meal. From a person who is usually hard to please, I like this restaurant. Sat at the bar a d had the Slamon with garlic potatoes and grilled asparagus. Fantastic. Great place. Music on street. Good crowd.

• Visited May 2013
Mineola, Texas
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We hit this place later in the evening and did not have to wait long to sit. The staff was very attentive and the food was incredible. I had the shrimp and grits and it rated as one of the best I have had. others in our party had the crab cakes and I was able to sample those as well. Very Good.

Visited May 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
“Chillaxing in Asheville!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Man you've got to love this liberal city! Markets, musicians and stoners everywhere you look!

Carmel's was great! We checked first on a top 20 Trip Advisor spot but it was going to be about 45 minutes of a wait.

We got right in at Carmel's and got drinks on a perfect Sunday Morning. We sat outside with musicians playing. The bloody Marry was made great and I would come back just for those! The wife got an omelette and I got the catfish reuben. The portions were huge which was great. Sometimes places like these give you small servings which is really a turn off. My catfish was a little greasy (I'm hoping it was fresh and not frozen) but other than that I had no complaints and would come back. Sitting outside breathing in the mountain air is really a premium. Thanks for a great lunch Carmel's!

• Visited May 2013