“Demanded a repeat visit”

Carmel's Restaurant & Bar at The Grove Arcade
Ranked #75 of 804 Restaurants in Asheville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Downtown Asheville
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went for lunch on Saturday and enjoyed it so much we went back again on Sunday. My wife had the Spinach Salad both days. I enjoyed my taste of her salad on Saturday, I got it on Sunday. Perfect!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We wanted burgers and while this place only offered one choice, it was an excellent choice. A huge (maybe 1/2 lb?) patty with bacon and cheese, fresh tomatoes and thick-sliced dill pickles, served with sweet potato fries. Service was quick and friendly. Rather than go for dessert, we ordered cocktails - Dirty Girl Scout and a Blueberry Mojito. The mojito as good, but didn't compare to the Girl Scout. LOVED IT!

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I shared an veggie pizza, a big salad and a glass of wine. All were excellent. The weather was fine so we sat outside. A poodle and his man sat next next to us - made us feel at home.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We've eaten there several times and been very happy. They have an excellent portobello mushroom sandwich. Since Asheville has so many good eateries, I can't say this is THE place to eat but if you are near there and stop in I don't think you will be disappointed.

Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed custom made pizzas. Quite delicious. More of a lunch place when visiting Grove Arcade than a destination for dinner. Casual atmosphere is nothing special but it's nicely laid out to visually divide the space.